Rate the Last Film You've Seen

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
13-02-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
As good as it gets
Antony Hopkins plays a grumpy man with a ton of ticks. Very very funny! Love it everytime I see it.

28 weeks later
"zombie movie" I like zombie movies but this one was just bad. The zombies where not zombies, they where running too fast, one was actually smart o.O Very gory movie with a lot of ugly detail. So gore fans will love it I swear. Action scenes too loud, normal conversation too low. So I was constantly playing with the volume to get it right.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2012, 03:07 PM
Chronicle
Surprisingly awesome movie. Good sci/fi - superhero flick. I love found footage movies, and this one was done very well. 8/10

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
13-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Reservoir Dogs

Probably the 100th time I've seen it, but it was the last one. Watched it last night with my wife.

Best

movie

ever!

Just visiting.

-SR
13-02-2012, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2012 12:12 AM by Bucky Ball.)
I like the John LeCarre' spy novels, so "Tinker-Tailor-Soldier-Spy" was good. I swear the BEST part was the VERY confused looks on the faces of the people leaving. THAT was funny. The plot was "followable", but the friends I went with had to have it explained. I read it a while ago, so I didn't really remember the plot, but the double/triple agent thing was right there. VERY "bleak". 6-7/10.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things" (KJV)

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
16-02-2012, 11:25 PM
nonsense wine post alert... I'm watching Chasing Amy again and I seem to remember someone on this forum saying that it was Kevin Smith's worse movie. Its my Favorite! I don't have the energy to go back and find out who that was.. but if I was a cyber ninja you'd get a roundhouse kick to the face right now Smile

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 1 user Likes k37713's post
16-02-2012, 11:42 PM
The Iron Lady; all it did was fill me with fear relevant to the ravages of dementia.....1/5.Dodgy
On a happier note, well maybe not in the main context, The Descendants gets 4/5 from me.Wink
17-02-2012, 10:17 AM
On the note of Chasing Amy being smiths worst movie I want to say that while it wasn't me who said that... I dont think.... I used to agree.

But Jersey Girl takes the cake, and Red State is up there too. I liked Red State a lot when I saw it. Then the anti Christianity goggles fell off and well... it sucks. It has some good parts and if he'd not like, forgot he was making a movie halfway through it could have been great. But he totally loses his shit.

But I was watching Natural Born Killers again last night.

I love this movie. It is a trip to watch, and there are quite the few hidden messages throughout, oddly enough the one that gets through the least is the one the director wanted to come through the most. The hidden anti-media message. As much as I like this movie I always wonder what it would have been in it's original form directed by Quinton. He has gone on record as saying he hated the movie because it was so far from his screenplay that he couldn't recognize it.

anyways I give it [Image: 3.5stars.gif]

It's just not for everybody.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
18-02-2012, 08:05 AM
I don't watch a lot of movies because they piss me off. But a couple of weeks ago I watched a made-for-TV movie called "Prayers for Bobby". It's about a fundie Christian family in America who are trying to "pray away the gay" when one of their kids comes out as homosexual. Obviously, the consequences are disastrous.

Anyway, it was a talky movie, and very emotional.I don't usually go for movies like that. But it had Sigourney Weaver in it and even as a homophobic Christian fundie she kicks ass.

So I gave it a 3.5 out of 5.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
19-02-2012, 01:24 AM
Coupla fresh ones - The Grey 4/5, Woman in Black, 3/5. Wink

Jay likes to go to the movies. He killed his ride, or we woulda went this weekend.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
20-02-2012, 04:10 AM
yeah we saw woman in black, too.
Nice movie but if you have seen a lot of movies in that style it is nothing new. The scary moments are only scary for people who haven't see lot's of movies of that kind. I jumped twice but it's well made, the acting is absolutely ok, idea is nice, I liked it.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]