Despicable Me - 5
Battlefield Earth - 0. Couldn't watch no morez, that's a zero. Tongue

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
31-03-2012, 03:00 AM
RE: Rate the Last Film You've Seen
a sleeper that no one probably saw with the great bruce campbell of evil dead fame: Bubba Ho Tep. he plays elvis who is actually alive. here is the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Qo74_L3vo
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like satan69's post
31-03-2012, 06:38 AM
Um I own bubba hotep.
I own every single Bruce Campbell movie minus Congo. Can't find that one.
I even own alien apocalypse. Watched it again yesterday.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
01-04-2012, 01:09 AM
I am Number Four

Not bad. Special effects were pretty good.
Hated the teenage-type love scenes. Blah Sad

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
01-04-2012, 04:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2012 05:03 AM by Caveman.)
(17-02-2011 03:59 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  True Grit: 4.5/5. A great movie. And it has one of the single best tough-guy lines ever. Fill your hands, you sonofabitch!

Agreed!
Also: The Muppets!
I still think Jason Segel and Neil Patrick Harris had a bet, winner gets The Muppets and the loser had to do The Smurfs.
(30-03-2012 07:15 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Despicable Me - 5
Battlefield Earth - 0. Couldn't watch no morez, that's a zero. Tongue

It's fun when you're 12. But I'm not surprised that people on an atheist-forum would dislike a Scientology movie Tongue
(10-03-2012 06:51 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I enjoy the concept of Hancock.
But the execution and storyline/choice for Hancock killed it.

Yeah, the trailers made it look far better than it was. Aren't they making a sequel?
(04-03-2011 11:51 PM)Diclonius Wrote:  Machete: 8.7 out of 10.00

Bahahahahaha the amount of gore in this movie is pure awesome. I've always thought Danny Trejo is an amazing actor, I love his appearances in Rob Zombie movies (speaking of which I'm eager for the new one he's making entitled Lords of Salem, sounds really neat). The only thing I didn't like about the movie was 1) it had Lindsay Lohan 2) she was naked 3) jessica alba's acting.

Other than that, fantastic

Did you know the sequels are coming?

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
01-04-2012, 05:35 AM
That Bubba Ho-Tep looks pretty sharp. Thumbsup

The only movies I own have Gwyneth Paltrow in 'em. (Are you surprised? Tongue ) I can't even say I like her movies, I just like her; I like her way too much. Big Grin

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
05-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Lord of The Rings: Return of the King – Extended Edition, whilst quite drunk, with a mate who had never seen them but poo-pooed them because he’s not a fantasy fan

Let’s just say he had changed his tune by the time he saw giant elephants getting ghost-swarmed!

I give it 9/10. I took one off because I still think some of the later editing is rough, and it really didn’t need 4 endings.

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
07-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Ten Inch Hero - 8/10 and yes, I realize that makes me a chick so I will now go and dose my testosterone.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
09-04-2012, 06:50 PM
The Fantastic Mr. Fox

Not the first time I've seen this one, But I forgot about it and saw it sitting there in my DVD collection. The urge to watch it was overwhelming and I soon realized what a travesty it was for me to have let it sit there collecting dust for so long.

If you haven't seen this movie and you have a good sense of humor or a love for some fantastic animation go out and buy this thing. Just buy it. It's worth it.

The humor is just so subtle but strong. I laugh out loud many times throughout the movie. I love Clooney, he's under rated as a comedic actor because he's so pretty and the ladies love him. Not only that but he gets so many lame roles... But he can deliver some really excellent dry wit. The whole cast can, and that's superb because that is what this is. I have to believe that the actors were actually watching the movie while they delivered their lines because it all goes so well together.
The animation is really weird but also excellent. It's a joy to just watch. Very pretty and somehow funny. I won't get into the story because it doesn't matter. The story is fine, but it's the characters who define the film.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
27-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Suckerpunch. Hot cast. shit film. The main character spent the entire film with one facial expression Sad <-- that one.