Rate the last anime series you watched

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2016, 09:49 AM
RE: Rate the last anime series you watched

Lupin the 3rd the gift that keeps on giving.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
26-01-2016, 04:41 AM
Attack on Titan. 8/10.

My wife has been watching Fullmetal Alchemist again. Solid 10/10.

“If a believer demands that I, as a nonbeliever, observe his taboos in the public domain, he is not asking for my respect, but for my submission.” ― Flemming Rose
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-01-2016, 08:00 AM
I just finished rewatching Your Lie In April with the kids. Miss 9 bawled for about ten minutes after the final episode.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
15-04-2016, 01:08 PM
Ajin: Demi-human
[Image: 1025423-netflix-premiere-anime-series-aj...k=Q19f5ZFs]

This show is amazing. Complex plot involving corrupt government terrorism an oppressed minority but with no clear cut "Good Guy". Kind of a mix of Highlander, the Matrix, and Logan's Run, the complicated plot weaves seamlessly and always leaves you wanting more. Definitely a mature Anime it has a lot of blood and dark tones including torture and forced human experiments. Give this one some love as it is as of yet not getting the fanfare it deserves.

10*/10*

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
15-04-2016, 01:32 PM
Ranma 1/2 Silly and awesome.
17-04-2016, 05:08 AM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2016 05:15 AM by Hafnof.)
One punch man
[Image: latest?cb=20151029015746]

It's pretty good. Go watch it.
One punch man has a simple premise. Amazingly powerful Saitama is hero for fun, but is losing touch with humanity due to his ability to defeat any enemy with a single attack. His attack is called "Normal Punch". Will he ever meet a foe to require his super attack: "Consecutive Normal Punches"?

It's a simple silly premise but the series works on multiple levels. It has shades of Samuri Flamenco but with a much cooler execution.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
17-04-2016, 06:50 AM
A while back I finished my run through of Log Horizon.

I still think it's good. Best example of the 'anime in a game' genre I've seen... Mostly because it actually works like the characters are in a game, while doing a good job of mixing reality into it.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
17-04-2016, 08:32 AM
(17-04-2016 05:08 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  One punch man

One punch man has a simple premise. Amazingly powerful Saitama is hero for fun, but is losing touch with humanity due to his ability to defeat any enemy with a single attack. His attack is called "Normal Punch". Will he ever meet a foe to require his super attack: "Consecutive Normal Punches"?

It's a simple silly premise but the series works on multiple levels. It has shades of Samuri Flamenco but with a much cooler execution.

I'm a big fan of the series. It's sad to think there is an ongoing debate in the anime community about who is the most powerful character. For some reason people fail to understand that Saitama is a strictly joke character who is designed NOT to lose. There is no point in comparing him with other overpowered characters from straight forward shows. Stop fighting and just enjoy the silliness.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
17-04-2016, 09:38 AM
(17-04-2016 08:32 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(17-04-2016 05:08 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  One punch man

I'm a big fan of the series. It's sad to think there is an ongoing debate in the anime community about who is the most powerful character. For some reason people fail to understand that Saitama is a strictly joke character who is designed NOT to lose. There is no point in comparing him with other overpowered characters from straight forward shows. Stop fighting and just enjoy the silliness.

He kind of reminds me of Squirrel Girl, a character designed to take the piss out on all those who would beat whom debates.

22-04-2016, 02:17 PM
Well since I'm here...
Hopefully these are at least semi-unique, I do not think they have been mentioned yet in the thread.

Akame Ga Kill - if you liked Game of Thrones...
[Image: 78438.jpg]

Death and destruction oh my, one of my favorite animes even though I wish they would have spent more time on the back stories of the characters.

9/10

Angel Beats - the feels are real...
[Image: 22061.jpg]

Kind of a weird one. Guy wakes up and finds out he's dead, but doesn't believe he's dead cause he's in a high school...But give it a few episodes. I like the concept they portray, and while it inevitably gets into the whole "does god exist" argument, it's not preachy and actually neither confirms nor denies it, leaving the interpretation up to the viewer.

"Rebels Against the God"
9/10

Assassination Classroom - being a teacher is hard work you know
[Image: 75639.jpg]

Another weird one that will grow on you. I really like this one just because I have so much respect for a good teacher in real life, that it kind of transfers to this anime. Worth a watch, and season two is currently airing.
8/10

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - mind fuck, plain and simple
[Image: 19634.jpg]

This one will not be for everyone. If you enjoyed Psychopass, or like crime dramas that do not spoon feed you, this is one worth watching for you. My only real complaint is that it is kind of slow, but wholly shit, there WILL be blood.
7/10

Mirai Nikki - Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
[Image: 33465.jpg]

Just something about a crazy, psychopathic, yet sexy girl that keeps me drawn in. But the ending is a definite plot twist. One of favorites (again).
9/10

Shinsekai yori - How to [not] make a utopia 101
[Image: 36775.jpg]

A slow anime, but for those of you who enjoy philosophy/psychology with a little mystery involved will enjoy this. Trudge through the first few episodes, it will get entertaining I promise.
7/10

Zankyou no Terror - Von
[Image: 64447.jpg]

Definitely an interesting anime with about two teenage terrorists who take on Tokyo.
7/10

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post