Rate the last anime series you watched

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2014, 11:12 AM
RE: Rate the last anime series you watched
I tried watching attack on titan. It's either lame, or I've lost the little interest I had in anime... Probably the latter.

Only anime show I would recommend is Monster. Other than that, Death Note was alright I guess, and Hajime no Ippo was pretty good. Even growing up, DBZ was disappointing, though the games were fun. And Sailor Moon was just the worst.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
30-12-2014, 11:14 AM
(30-12-2014 11:12 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I tried watching attack on titan. It's either lame, or I've lost the little interest I had in anime... Probably the latter.
Yeah, I couldn't get into Attack on Titan either.

The last anime I watched was Code Geass and apart from the subjectively terrible art style, I enjoyed it very much.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
31-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

TV-MA, so very NSFW.

[Image: 1253212085232.jpg]

I can't even...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
31-12-2014, 08:04 AM
(31-12-2014 07:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt

TV-MA, so very NSFW.

[Image: 1253212085232.jpg]

I can't even...

Oh god... that show...

At least the art style is... interesting... and you can tell the English voice actors had fun.

If you like copious sex jokes and wish Black Lagoon had ten tines the swearing, PS&G is the anime for you!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-12-2014, 08:26 PM
It's interesting to see what Japan makes of western cartoon style and morality Wink

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
05-04-2015, 06:53 AM
Noein: Mou Hitori no Kimi e (ノエイン もうひとりの君へ, Noein: To Your Other Self)
[Image: 584.jpg]
I have rewatched this 2005 series with my kids. I have a soft spot for Noein as one of the animes I watched as I was just getting into it. I still really like it and think it has aged well both with time and with my increased understanding of some of the topics covered.

Noein is the story of first two, then three competing alternate realities coming into contact with each other connecting both time and space. In the present day reality an experiment is soon to take place that could result in instant communication across all of space and time. Fifteen years into a future that is the product of this experiment an entire society is built around trying to continue existing in a world where quantum effects are apparent at the macro scale. It has its big scientific inaccuracies and is based on some long-discredited interpretations of quantum physics but as a story set in this universe I find it interesting and engaging.

The story focuses on a small group of pre-teen friends as the collision of realities begins to take shape, several of whom will play important roles both as children and as adults in the parallel universes. It is character driven and alternates between sharing sweet moments of friendship and semi-magical quantum fight scenes as different players choose their sides. The interconnectedness of characters intensifies over the series and community and friendship, choices and consequences are ongoing themes.

I may be holding it a little more dearly than it deserves, but I do put it in my top tier. I think it slides in just a little behind charcoal feathers alliance as a character driven story with both emotional depth and a rich world. I think it is a solid 8/10 from me.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
05-04-2015, 08:10 AM
Psycho Pass season 1 and 2.

Sexy/10

Also lol at the F/Z rating.

Mongrel.
09-04-2015, 10:38 AM
Most recent original watch is Death Note. Strong opening third, containing some of the most incredibly butt-clenching sequences I've ever seen. Then about halfway through it just...went wierd. The final few episodes made up for it though as it refocused back on the main story. The diversion wasn't that bad, per se, just not up to the snuff of the opening arc.
Started rewatching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood more recently. Man, I love that series.
[+] 1 user Likes Iroscato's post
12-05-2015, 01:01 PM
I watched Brave 10. Interesting, like someone took parts of Naruto's world and made something there. Now I'm following Fairy Tail. Not bad.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
13-05-2015, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 13-05-2015 06:04 AM by Hafnof.)
I've started watching Junketsu no Maria. I'm only a couple of episodes in so it's too early for a review, but it looks fairly promising as a mid range anime. It covers a witch's attempts to halt the 100 years war between England and France. It includes some interesting religious themes and frames the conflict as being between catholic and Anglican churches.

Maria the Virgin Witch (純潔のマリア Junketsu no Maria, lit. "Maria the Virgin")
http://www.chia-anime.tv/view/junketsu-n...episode-1/
[Image: 69301.jpg]