Rate the last anime series you watched

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2015, 11:40 AM
RE: Rate the last anime series you watched
Ah so many great series. I'm finishing this year with wrapping up all the "old shows" I've been meaning to watch for the last 5 years. next year I'll dive into post 2010 stuff.

The recent shows that came out that I enjoyed were the popular ones...

SAO 9/10- so many hate on it. I love it. I wish the life/death tension was throughout the entire series, but the great feelings I had while watching it earn it the score it got. I'm playing the PS4 game for it right now, and it's pretty fun. But becomes repetitive

Attack on Titan 10/10 - Beautiful show, great setting, awesome tension and characters. Season 2 coming soon! So effing excited.

Kuroko no basuke 10/10 - I love sports shows, and this basketball show takes the action to a height I've never seen in a sports show, without adding too many special powers. I like to think of the abilities people have as metaphors to actual skills.

Fairy Tail 6/10 - Eff fairy tail. It's an eyecandy, fanservice, fillerfest. The arcs make no sense, the characters never develop, all enemies are forgettable. The main story (natsu/igneel and the evil wizard) gets about as much air time as detective conan's. I watch the show every week because I'm committed, but this show is designed to not finish....which would be fine if an interesting cast/world was there to support the fluff. TL;DR, you may as well watch power rangers. I'll admit there are some good parts, but I hate when a show's idea of an interesting fight is, "let's let the main characters get tromped on for 95% of the fight, spanning 10 episodes, then when they come to the realization of how important it is to win this fight, their hidden power unleashes and they finish off the enemy (usually with a single hit or a single special combo)."

Psycho Pass 10/10 - this show shines in the world it created, and the scenario. It's gripping as you learn more and more about the mystery, the characters, and powers that be.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
21-09-2015, 11:50 AM
(07-08-2015 03:18 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Sword Art Online
5/10

(mild spoilers ahead)

Oh boy. This is my final attempt at "popular" anime series. I'm being very generous with my 5.
Hmm, you should still check out shows that are popular, but pay attention to the genre and target audience. I love SAO, but I wouldn't recommend it to most people. The people who I've recommended it to loved it as well. Also, there are several things that can turn people off in this show.

-Pacing in the end of the first arc
-Cousin having a crush on her cousin in the second arc (grosses out most people, but I don't see it as a big deal).
-probably would only be truly fascinating to somebody who loves RPGs and has lost part of their life to MMOs.
-Loss of the life/death scenario.
-The show is a harem, which bugs some people in general. If you don't like seeing a guy surrounded by girls and doing random meaningless activities with them then it's gunna bother you.

21-09-2015, 01:29 PM
(21-09-2015 11:50 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Hmm, you should still check out shows that are popular, but pay attention to the genre and target audience. I love SAO, but I wouldn't recommend it to most people. The people who I've recommended it to loved it as well. Also, there are several things that can turn people off in this show.

-Pacing in the end of the first arc
-Cousin having a crush on her cousin in the second arc (grosses out most people, but I don't see it as a big deal).
-probably would only be truly fascinating to somebody who loves RPGs and has lost part of their life to MMOs.
-Loss of the life/death scenario.
-The show is a harem, which bugs some people in general. If you don't like seeing a guy surrounded by girls and doing random meaningless activities with them then it's gunna bother you.

I don't mind any of these things tbh. I wasn't a stranger to MMOs. I love series with death all over. I don't mind girls/boobs/incest/whatever either. I loved Air Gear, so you get the idea Tongue

It was just painful to watch sometimes. Slow as fuck. And it was impossible for me to relate to any character.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
21-09-2015, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2015 05:11 PM by Adrianime.)
(21-09-2015 01:29 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I don't mind any of these things tbh. I wasn't a stranger to MMOs. I love series with death all over. I don't mind girls/boobs/incest/whatever either. I loved Air Gear, so you get the idea Tongue

It was just painful to watch sometimes. Slow as fuck. And it was impossible for me to relate to any character.

Ahh Air Gear was awesome. Love that show, wish it had finished.

Ah well. Try Psycho Pass or Attack on Titan Smile. Those two live up to hype in my opinion.

I think part of the reason I liked SAO so much is because Kirito plays very similarly to how I played in my MMO days. I also started playing my first MMO because my gf at the time asked me to join a game she was playing, so all the house scenes were INCREDIBLY familiar haha.

21-09-2015, 05:26 PM
(21-09-2015 05:08 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I think part of the reason I liked SAO so much is because Kirito plays very similarly to how I played in my MMO days. I also started playing my first MMO because my gf at the time asked me to join a game she was playing, so all the house scenes were INCREDIBLY familiar haha.

That makes sense, although I'm sure you and your girlfriend were not teenagers who wanted to move in together and have kids Tongue

Or maybe you were? Ohmy

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
21-09-2015, 05:45 PM
(21-09-2015 05:26 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(21-09-2015 05:08 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I think part of the reason I liked SAO so much is because Kirito plays very similarly to how I played in my MMO days. I also started playing my first MMO because my gf at the time asked me to join a game she was playing, so all the house scenes were INCREDIBLY familiar haha.

That makes sense, although I'm sure you and your girlfriend were not teenagers who wanted to move in together and have kids Tongue

Or maybe you were? Ohmy
We were like 13-ish and internet affection was in its infancy so it was a lot more cutesy than what would happen nowadays (I imagine). And we were stupid so of course we were always talking about our future kids and stuff. Haha.

21-09-2015, 05:51 PM
(21-09-2015 05:26 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  

Or maybe you were? Ohmy

Trigun and Cowboy Bebop. Start with the classics then move forward.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
22-09-2015, 09:22 AM
If you're going to watch Cowboy Bebop, don't stop there. Watch Samurai Champloo and Kids on the Slope too Smile

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
22-09-2015, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2015 10:54 AM by Adrianime.)
Samurai Champloo is awesome, I also wish that one had finished. Never saw Kids on the Slope.

Kenshin is a must-see.

22-09-2015, 10:53 AM
An old favorite of mine is Lupin the third. Such a fun old school show. Very episodic, meaning they tend to wrap up plot points by the end of each show and reset to normal for the beginning of the next episode but the comedy and character interactions are very fun. Plus it has a kickass theme.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post