Rather insensitive question for KC.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2012, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 13-02-2012 04:29 PM by germanyt.)
Rather insensitive question for KC.
Since you don't believe in free will (I wouldn't either if I were theist) I can't help but ask this question.

If a man murdered every single member of your family would you get pissed? And if so, at whom? God?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2012, 04:28 PM
RE: Rather insensitive question for KC.
It would depend on my desires at that moment. I can't say how I would feel because I have never been placed in that situation; however, I would probably be pissed at the person and God (as I know God planned it). This doesn't mean that I would reject God, though.

Moreover, I would probably kill that person, but this would depend on the desires that God placed in me during that time.

The Bible is chocked full of horrible stuff that happened to the chosen, so we are in no way exempt. But, God's plan and purpose is for a reason... whatever it is...

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
13-02-2012, 04:30 PM
(13-02-2012 04:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It would depend on my desires at that moment. I can't say how I would feel because I have never been placed in that situation; however, I would probably be pissed at the person and God (as I know God planned it). This doesn't mean that I would reject God, though.

Moreover, I would probably kill that person, but this would depend on the desires that God placed in me during that time.

The Bible is chocked full of horrible stuff that happened to the chosen, so we are in no way exempt. But, God's plan and purpose is for a reason... whatever it is...

How can this horrible thing happen and you not completely hate that which is responsible? How can you arrive in heaven and look God in the face and not want to kill him?

Hypothetically assuming that God has a face and you felt you could kill him.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
13-02-2012, 04:33 PM
(13-02-2012 04:30 PM)germanyt Wrote:  How can this horrible thing happen and you not completely hate that which is responsible? How can you arrive in heaven and look God in the face and not want to kill him?

I don't know.

It doesn't seem logical, but it is that way. Like I've said before, my life was rocked, turned upside down, and there is no way I can not believe. It doesn't matter what happens.

13-02-2012, 04:37 PM
(13-02-2012 04:33 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-02-2012 04:30 PM)germanyt Wrote:  How can this horrible thing happen and you not completely hate that which is responsible? How can you arrive in heaven and look God in the face and not want to kill him?

I don't know.

It doesn't seem logical, but it is that way. Like I've said before, my life was rocked, turned upside down, and there is no way I can not believe. It doesn't matter what happens.

Knowing that God does these things and Satan only wishes you to do that which pleases you, why not worship Satan? He seems like a much more likable guy. How bad can hell really be? I be like Krotos from God of War battling demons for eternity with the Blades of Chaos.

-Mark Twain
13-02-2012, 04:41 PM
(13-02-2012 04:37 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

I don't know.

Knowing that God does these things and Satan only wishes you to do that which pleases you, why not worship Satan? He seems like a much more likable guy. How bad can hell really be? I be like Krotos from God of War battling demons for eternity with the Blades of Chaos.

Kratos.

But, Satan is merely a pawn in God's plan. Satan is the advocator of all evil.

As I've stated before, humanity takes a back seat to the plan of God.

13-02-2012, 04:45 PM
(13-02-2012 04:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-02-2012 04:37 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

I don't know.

Kratos.

But, Satan is merely a pawn in God's plan. Satan is the advocator of all evil.

As I've stated before, humanity takes a back seat to the plan of God.

Would Satan be merely symbolic for evil? Or an actual being that causes evil? If he's just a pawn and cannot make decisions on his own then God is Satan.

Another questions. If it turns out you are not elect and you wind up in hell, will you then hate god and accept your Satanic overlord? What point would there be for loving God if you are already in hell?

-Mark Twain
13-02-2012, 04:48 PM
(13-02-2012 04:45 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Would Satan be merely symbolic for evil? Or an actual being that causes evil? If he's just a pawn and cannot make decisions on his own then God is Satan.

No. Satan was the fulcrum shift that began the "humanity" plan.

Quote:Another questions. If it turns out you are not elect and you wind up in hell, will you then hate god and accept your Satanic overlord? What point would there be for loving God if you are already in hell?

If I'm not elect, the hell/heaven/God/Satan/afterlife probably doesn't exist.

13-02-2012, 04:55 PM
(13-02-2012 04:48 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-02-2012 04:45 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Would Satan be merely symbolic for evil? Or an actual being that causes evil? If he's just a pawn and cannot make decisions on his own then God is Satan.

Quote:Another questions. If it turns out you are not elect and you wind up in hell, will you then hate god and accept your Satanic overlord? What point would there be for loving God if you are already in hell?

Aside from being convinced that there is a God, how do you know that you are elect? What if Jess and Coen aren't? How could you sit around in heaven worshiping the God that sent your loved ones to Hell?

-Mark Twain
13-02-2012, 04:59 PM
(13-02-2012 04:55 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(13-02-2012 04:48 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

Aside from being convinced that there is a God, how do you know that you are elect? What if Jess and Coen aren't? How could you sit around in heaven worshiping the God that sent your loved ones to Hell?

Because of what it says in John 8. If I was not of God then I wouldn't believe in God. Those of God believe in God.

John 8:42-47
42Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me. 43“Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word. 44“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45“But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me. 46“Which one of you convicts Me of sin? If I speak truth, why do you not believe Me? 47“He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.”