Rather insensitive question for KC.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2012, 05:01 PM
RE: Rather insensitive question for KC.
(13-02-2012 04:59 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-02-2012 04:55 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(13-02-2012 04:48 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-02-2012 04:45 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Would Satan be merely symbolic for evil? Or an actual being that causes evil? If he's just a pawn and cannot make decisions on his own then God is Satan.

No. Satan was the fulcrum shift that began the "humanity" plan.

Quote:Another questions. If it turns out you are not elect and you wind up in hell, will you then hate god and accept your Satanic overlord? What point would there be for loving God if you are already in hell?

If I'm not elect, the hell/heaven/God/Satan/afterlife probably doesn't exist.

Aside from being convinced that there is a God, how do you know that you are elect? What if Jess and Coen aren't? How could you sit around in heaven worshiping the God that sent your loved ones to Hell?

Because of what it says in John 8. If I was not of God then I wouldn't believe in God. Those of God believe in God.

John 8:42-47
42Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me. 43“Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word. 44“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45“But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me. 46“Which one of you convicts Me of sin? If I speak truth, why do you not believe Me? 47“He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.”

So every Christian who believes in God is elect? What about murderers and rapists? Sinners who aren't sorry for their actions? And how do you explain the geographic anomoly of elect and non elect?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2012, 05:07 PM
(13-02-2012 05:01 PM)germanyt Wrote:  So every Christian who believes in God is elect? What about murderers and rapists? Sinners who aren't sorry for their actions? And how do you explain the geographic anomoly of elect and non elect?

No. Not everyone who "claims" to be a Christian. Only God knows the elect; however, those of God should be easily recognizable as "of God".

I don't know for sure about the geographic location question; however, it is possible that God keep His chosen together geographically much like He did with the Hebrews thousands of years ago.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
13-02-2012, 05:09 PM
(13-02-2012 05:07 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-02-2012 05:01 PM)germanyt Wrote:  So every Christian who believes in God is elect? What about murderers and rapists? Sinners who aren't sorry for their actions? And how do you explain the geographic anomoly of elect and non elect?

No. Not everyone who "claims" to be a Christian. Only God knows the elect; however, those of God should be easily recognizable as "of God".

I don't know for sure about the geographic location question; however, it is possible that God keep His chosen together geographically much like He did with the Hebrews thousands of years ago.

Who else at work do you think may be 'of God'? Could I be of God? My actions and morals would indicated that I'm Christian. At least by mainstream standards. I've been called a closet Christian before. Or could everyone be of God and just not know it yet. Took you 2+ decades to know it right?

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
13-02-2012, 05:12 PM
(13-02-2012 05:09 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

Who else at work do you think may be 'of God'? Could I be of God? My actions and morals would indicated that I'm Christian. At least by mainstream standards. I've been called a closet Christian before. Or could everyone be of God and just not know it yet. Took you 2+ decades to know it right?

Works and morals doesn't not make you "of God". But yes... you could be. I don't know that, and you don't know that. You could have a regeneration at any time; whatever God chose for you.

13-02-2012, 05:13 PM
(13-02-2012 05:12 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(13-02-2012 05:09 PM)germanyt Wrote:  

Works and morals doesn't not make you "of God". But yes... you could be. I don't know that, and you don't know that. You could have a regeneration at any time; whatever God chose for you.

I've never met another person who claims to have had the experience you had. Maybe god gave you a brain tumor.Big Grin

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
14-02-2012, 11:37 AM
(13-02-2012 04:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It would depend on my desires at that moment.

Do you see how scary this sounds for someone not in your head?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
14-02-2012, 11:40 AM
It makes me wonder how you can express any feelings at all. If someone robs you, there is no reason to get mad at them. God did it. If someone insults you, God did it. If your wife cheats on you. No sense in being angry. God did it. And if somethign good happens why do you feel joy or appreciation for them. God did it. Not the person.

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
14-02-2012, 12:26 PM
How can you distinguish between your desires vs. God's desires, vs. demonic desires?

I know you say you're being lead by God, but as someone who spent 40 years being elect, I know it can be tough to distinguish. It seems dangerous to me to say every desire you have comes from God. So if you did have a NATURAL HUMAN reaction to go medieval on the guy who kills your family, you'd say that was from God? What if you have that feeling before your family was slaughtered? Would you say God gave you the desire to kill that guy because God told you the guy was going to kill your family? What if God gives you the desire to have sex with another woman?

Again, it sounds pretty scary when you say it depends on your desires at the moment, as if anything you felt was God's way of telling you how to react to the situation.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
14-02-2012, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2012 01:55 PM by kingschosen.)
(14-02-2012 11:37 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(13-02-2012 04:28 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  It would depend on my desires at that moment.

Do you see how scary this sounds for someone not in your head?

I suppose I can. But my desires are given to me by God, moreover, my actions are a result of my desires, so this should be an indicator whether or not I have tendency to act benevolently or malevolently.
(14-02-2012 11:40 AM)germanyt Wrote:  It makes me wonder how you can express any feelings at all. If someone robs you, there is no reason to get mad at them. God did it. If someone insults you, God did it. If your wife cheats on you. No sense in being angry. God did it. And if somethign good happens why do you feel joy or appreciation for them. God did it. Not the person.

Because expressions are a result of desires as well.
(14-02-2012 12:26 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  How can you distinguish between your desires vs. God's desires, vs. demonic desires?

Because... God is the author of all my desires. I cannot act outside of them.

14-02-2012, 02:05 PM
Ok I think it's time for a clarity of belief question before me brain does but explode.

Do you believe that god literally chooses every thought, action, spoken word of yourself?

or

Do you believe that god has an ultimate goal in mind for you, and all of the major decisions and major actions are already laid out for you leaving you able to make other decisions so long as they do not go against gods plan? Examples below.

KC wakes up and looks in the mirror, he thinks "man my hair is needing a cut or my attractive wife will leave me." so he goes and gets himself a haircut. -KC's choice?

KC wakes up and looks at his swollen member and wonders "why is this thing bothering me at such an inconvenient hour? I must do away with it." and so he makes sweet love to his woman. - Gods choice?

KC has a sore butt from eating too many street vendor tacos. He decides to maybe not eat them despite their deliciousness, at least for a little while. -Who's choice?

I wonder of course, if you are allowed to make any choices on your own, or have any feelings of your own, to even the smallest possible consequence. If not then no offense, there is no value to your life. I mean I like you and I'm sure your family like you, and GT loves you in an almost inappropriate way (not that there's anything wrong with that) but other than the effect you have on others, you personally would have no value. (technically if this were true none of us would have value) as we would be literal toys for god to play with. As we all remember once you get bored of your toys you no longer care about them.

But if say you were allowed to make small choices (so long as they don't interfere with gods original plan) then at least you could grab some point out of everyday life.

Am I making sense? Yes I am. But do you follow? Probably not. Let's fight.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user