Rather insensitive question for KC.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2012, 10:10 AM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2012 10:11 AM by kingschosen.)
RE: Rather insensitive question for KC.
(15-02-2012 09:55 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-02-2012 09:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 09:20 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  So are you saying you're not capable of sin because you can only act upon God's desires and never yours or Lucifer's?

No. I sin because I am predestined to act upon my desires given to me by God. I still have a sin nature because I am still human. If I didn't, I wouldn't need to be redeemed. Because of my sin nature, I am predestined to have sinful desires and act on them.

Huh

define the word sin for me?

I've heard it as rebelling against God, refusing to do what God wants. But you can't not do what God wants. ergo, you can't sin.

Acting outside the commandments given to us by God. Or, acting outside relative morality (this differs from person to person - a sin for one couldn't be a sin for another).

Since we are created with a sinful nature, we are meant to sin. God actively created sin/evil. Sin is a part of humanity. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be humans.
(15-02-2012 10:05 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(15-02-2012 09:52 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 09:20 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  So are you saying you're not capable of sin because you can only act upon God's desires and never yours or Lucifer's?

No. I sin because I am predestined to act upon my desires given to me by God. I still have a sin nature because I am still human. If I didn't, I wouldn't need to be redeemed. Because of my sin nature, I am predestined to have sinful desires and act on them.

The way you talk about being guided in your decisions based on what your desires are at the moment makes it sound like you can only follow God's desires. Therefore, if you ever did get one of those whackjob thoughts that God wants you to sacrifice your neighbor's son on the altar in the backyard, you'd be forced to do it. You wouldn't question those desires because you wouldn't have that desire if God didn't give it to you.

Hypothetically speaking - you are correct.

*note*
I'm not saying that I have or will ever have those desires.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2012, 10:29 AM
RE: Rather insensitive question for KC.
It must be exhausting picking and choosing which parts of the bible are meant to be taken literal..read like stories to teach us... or like poems meant to reach individuals with their own interpretations
Your belief system is entirely your own.. you have to pull from so many resources to justify your faith to yourself.. I'm not putting you down. You think .. and you are not relying on your parents or community to tell you what you believe and so that demands respect from me.
I went through something very similar when I started to doubt my faith.. I went to a lot of different churches and tried to put together my own beliefs by first denoucing organized religion and looking to myself to define my "god". I wonder if you are on a similar path and don't realize it yet.

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply