Rating stars interfere with Shoutbox

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2012, 05:27 PM
RE: Rating stars interfere with Shoutbox
(12-12-2012 05:21 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Hey chas, you got any idea how to fix this?

DeepThought is just on hiatus for a while. I'm sure he'll be back when real life slows down. I figure he's done enough for the forum that he deserves a break anyways.
Yes, but I need to have some guidance on server access and stuff. Is Deep the only one who has been making actual changes?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2012, 05:34 PM
(12-12-2012 05:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-12-2012 05:21 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Hey chas, you got any idea how to fix this?

DeepThought is just on hiatus for a while. I'm sure he'll be back when real life slows down. I figure he's done enough for the forum that he deserves a break anyways.
Yes, but I need to have some guidance on server access and stuff. Is Deep the only one who has been making actual changes?
I'm gonna give Seth a call tonight. Can you pm me some questions you need answered?

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
12-12-2012, 11:19 PM
(11-12-2012 06:33 AM)Janus Wrote:  because it makes reading the Shoutbox almost impossible.
That's an exaggeration.

It looks like you've been able to use it just fine.
13-12-2012, 12:27 AM
(12-12-2012 11:19 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 06:33 AM)Janus Wrote:  because it makes reading the Shoutbox almost impossible.
That's an exaggeration.

No, it is extremely difficult to use it when the stars overlap, but a page refresh fixes it.

13-12-2012, 12:35 AM
(13-12-2012 12:27 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(12-12-2012 11:19 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  That's an exaggeration.

No, it is extremely difficult to use it when the stars overlap, but a page refresh fixes it.
What I meant is, there are ways around it... it's not really impossible to use the shout box. I read the OP like it's actually impossible to use the shout box- it's not. Just move the location. People used to complain that the shout box was only on the homepage at the bottom, so deep thought went through a lot of time to make a floating one and there is one small avoidable thing and people still complain like it's a huge detrimental thing to using the shout box. 'Tis all. Smile
13-12-2012, 12:42 AM
We have our best team of spider monkeys working on this as we speak. Should the spider monkeys prove unsuccessful, we'll bring in the orangutans.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
13-12-2012, 04:06 AM
(13-12-2012 12:42 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  We have our best team of spider monkeys working on this as we speak. Should the spider monkeys prove unsuccessful, we'll bring in the orangutans.
You should really consider using Emperor Tamarins. They are way more mature, and they have a better mustache than you could ever hope to have.

[Image: 67667_v1.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
13-12-2012, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 06:46 AM by Janus.)
(13-12-2012 04:06 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  You should really consider using Emperor Tamarins. They are way more mature, and they have a better mustache than you could ever hope to have.

And with those amazing petite hands they are much more dextrous and capable of dealing with the finest details of website maintenance. Big Grin

Hey! Can't we send a handful to Mars? They'd be perfect for running a space craft with those tiny little fingers on even tinier mini buttons and micro gauges! It's perfect! Think of the space savings (inside the craft...)! And the weight savings, obviously.
13-12-2012, 07:01 AM
(13-12-2012 04:06 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 12:42 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  We have our best team of spider monkeys working on this as we speak. Should the spider monkeys prove unsuccessful, we'll bring in the orangutans.
You should really consider using Emperor Tamarins. They are way more mature, and they have a better mustache than you could ever hope to have.

You make a compelling argument. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user