Rational Agnostic Beliefs vs Irrational Agnostic Beleifs

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2014, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2014 04:47 PM by smileXsmileXsmile.)
RE: Rational Agnostic Beliefs vs Irrational Agnostic Beleifs
Thanks for the update on the definition of agnosticism. I pretty sure I understand now. Learn something new everyday. I will no longer used that word outside of a religious reference or use the word agnostic with the word belief.

I was incorrectly using to word to describe both religious and non-religious beliefs that lack the highest quality of evidence.

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2014, 10:58 AM
So all agnostics are atheists because they lack the belief in God or Gods, due to the fact that it's unknowable. Correct?

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
13-10-2014, 11:01 AM
(13-10-2014 10:58 AM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  So all agnostics are atheists because they lack the belief in God or Gods, due to the fact that it's unknowable. Correct?

[Image: Gnostic_Agnostic_Atheist.png?zoom=2&w=625]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
13-10-2014, 11:43 AM
(13-10-2014 10:58 AM)smileXsmileXsmile Wrote:  So all agnostics are atheists because they lack the belief in God or Gods, due to the fact that it's unknowable. Correct?

Rev pretty much covered it. It's possible to believe in one or more god but not claim to know such a thing. I would have put myself in that quadrant toward the last bit of my 30-year stint as a theist.
14-10-2014, 12:53 AM
Sweet got it thanks.