Rational Suicide - Constructive Discussion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2017, 01:35 AM
RE: Rational Suicide - Constructive Discussion
(22-01-2017 11:11 PM)skyking Wrote:  
(22-01-2017 07:57 PM)ImFred Wrote:  I don't really get why people get involved in suicide prevention. Why continue on if you don't want to?
people screw up all the time. They have a transient condition and after seeking some help come to the realization that they really did not want to end it all. Often it is a chemical thing.

As long as they succeed they still don't regret it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2017, 01:56 AM
(22-01-2017 06:50 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(22-01-2017 04:12 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I have no problem with this if one doing the deed won't leave family on thin ice - sure, one is free to do it but leaving children without care that one could provide is shitty thing to do.

I understand what you mean but I can't think of any circumstances where I would consider suicide as an alternative and still be capable of providing care. If my situation is dire enough that ending my life has become a reasonable option then I am almost certainly more of a burden than a help, or bound that way very shortly.

Yeah. So maybe leave some money at least. That way you will provide some care and ease the burden somehow.

It's just that I have nothing against suicide, no shame in it for me, but I despise parents who screw life of their children - even if they screw it by doing something that is/should be their right.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
23-01-2017, 03:50 AM
(23-01-2017 01:35 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
(22-01-2017 11:11 PM)skyking Wrote:  people screw up all the time. They have a transient condition and after seeking some help come to the realization that they really did not want to end it all. Often it is a chemical thing.

As long as they succeed they still don't regret it.

You mean they won't exist therefor they won't regret it?

Like I said earlier, I live with this. Nearly everyday, the desire to just end it.

But it is not just about me. Sure, I grant anyone the choice. Just remember there are consequences for others.

Out of the blue? No.

Planned and discussed? Yes.

A mate's suicide last year literally nearly killed me.

A lot of people don't get it. A small fraction will.

One never knows what the future holds.....

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
23-01-2017, 05:00 AM
Quote:You mean they won't exist therefor they won't regret it?

Yes

Quote:A mate's suicide last year literally nearly killed me.

I've been through that too. It is tough. I felt sad for his absence, I felt sad for all that he would miss, I felt sad that this world is so fucked, but mostly I felt sad that he was in that much pain.

However, since he didn't want to live who am I to say it was the wrong decision? He didn't want to exist anymore. It's selfish to encourage people to live just because you want them to. My wife and I have discussed this and my conclusion is that if she doesn't want to live she shouldn't carry on for my behalf.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
23-01-2017, 05:03 AM

You got anything I have not heard, mate?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
23-01-2017, 05:53 AM
I don't know. Why don't you type me up a transcript of everything you've ever heard and I'll let you know.

You probably already know this but people who want to die kill themselves. People who want attention talk about it.
23-01-2017, 06:32 AM
(23-01-2017 05:03 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(23-01-2017 05:00 AM)ImFred Wrote:  

You got anything I have not heard, mate?

No permanent solutions for temporary issues. So when you have drug induced issues, it only makes sense to wait for the drugs to wear off.

It's important to stay rational.

People choosing the big exit rationally usually have thought about it for years. They have set parameters for themselves. They have set limits on how much of what they want to tolerate.

It isn't feeling that you want out, it's knowing that the time has come.

You hang in there, my friend. You are young and in recovery. You got hope that you can beat your condition.

The exit is for those who cannot get better.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
23-01-2017, 08:38 AM
(23-01-2017 05:53 AM)ImFred Wrote:  I don't know. Why don't you type me up a transcript of everything you've ever heard and I'll let you know.

You probably already know this but people who want to die kill themselves. People who want attention talk about it.

Careful. You're starting to get close to being disrespectful. Maybe I'm reading this wrong.

The part about "wanting attention" concerns me. How do you mean that? I hope you're not saying this in a way that makes them sound like little kids having a hissy fit because Mommy is on the phone.
23-01-2017, 09:10 AM
Guys, this is the support section. Here, we do not attack people, we support them. If you want to argue, go to another section, practically the whole place is open for arguments.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
23-01-2017, 09:28 AM
Well, here's my point. If you're talking about suicide very few people are going to say, "Good idea, go for it." Since everyone knows that, if you're asking about it you're obviously asking to get talked out of it. But if you want to die you're just going to go jump off a bridge. By extension the answer to should I kill myself is always no (unless you want to). That's my take.