Rationalists = Atheists, time to officially name change

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2010, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2010 07:00 PM by No J..)
RE: Rationalists = Atheists, time to officially name change
(13-11-2010 11:36 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  "Just because an atheist might have made the claim, "atheism is like religion" surely that doesn't add validity to the statement. Would you agree No.J?"

Yes I agree. Not all atheists know what they are talking about, but the percentage that do seems to be much higher that the percentage of theists who know what they are talking about.

That last site posted by Fr0d0 is proof that some theists are vengeful, lying, hypocritical, unthinking idiots. It is not a fun site. I would never agree with anyone so low as the owner of that site.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2010, 06:59 PM
Ah so it was ok when HE said it!!! [/joke]
(13-11-2010 05:52 PM)Godless Wrote:  The second link however is about the most pointless page I've seen for a while but that "fun" link attempted to open 3 or 4 sex sites on my computer. Please don't post such things.
I'm sorry - didn't realise - my spam blocking obviously pwns yours! Tongue

(I'll remove the link)
14-11-2010, 02:50 PM

Well, Atheist is a lot easier to say... I agree, but something more catchy would be a better idea.
Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2010, 04:27 PM
The word 'atheist' still carries the stigma of 'Satan worshipper' to a lot of people, and I'm just wondering if changing the label would shed some of the misconceptions.

After all if you say you're an atheist, most people have heard all they need to hear. But if you say you're a Rationalist, then people need clarification and you are allowed a chance to specify your beliefs.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
14-11-2010, 04:43 PM
I am both. I am an atheist and I am a rationalist. I will declare one or the other depending on the circumstances of anytime it comes up. Every one else decides for themselves because I am not dogmatic, or should I say "adogmatic."