Rationalizing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2013, 10:08 AM
Rationalizing
I know that this subject has been brought up and beaten to death, but it just never ceases to amaze me. I work with a lady here in the office who just found out that she has breast cancer, and she quickly had a double mastectomy, last week. The cancer had indeed spread to one of her lymph nodes, so the chemo will start, soon.

She's one of those very loud individuals who talks loudly on the phone and to others, and she doesn't mind if everyone hears what she's saying. While I must preface by saying that, in this case, I didn't hear every word she just said on the phone, I got the gist of it, and I couldn't help but vent.

She's telling everyone on the phone and around the office (except me) that "God is showing off" because her medical benefits will cover some aspect of her treatment, and most of it will get done before said benefits are renewed and deductibles are back. That might be the stupidest effing quote that I've personally heard a religious person say about something like this.

As most everyone here on this forum would ask, why in the world would she talk up an imaginary friend who let those cells spread in the *first* place? I've never been as scared as she likely is right now, but this silver-lining bullshit is so utterly disingenuous, and I have no doubt that most all of these same people are really asking "Why me?", deep down. It pains me that she's about to go through a really terrible time with treatment, but it also bothers me that, should she get through this, she won't be grateful to those who really did something for her.

....and so the supernatural world turns.

"If you wake up tomorrow morning thinking that saying a few Latin words over your pancakes is going to turn them into the body of Elvis Presley, you have lost your mind. But if you think, more or less, the same thing about a cracker and the body of Jesus, you're just a Catholic."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Questioning's post
26-09-2013, 10:12 AM
RE: Rationalizing
I know of a person on another forum who believes in god because he prayed for and was later able to obtain superbowl tickets.
26-09-2013, 10:37 AM
when a being is an abvious negative state, so logically must b not existing so in truth dead as not present, the conscious is right by using anything anyway to support itself since it is really alone then

if that contributes to support herself in such hell of conscious alone in absolute negative body expecting worse certainty to prepare itself to which is impossible while in living pains, then of course watever she does to handle her situation it is her absolute right there is only her there left alone

conscious is a superior fact always that is why detached of everything, when its body is living negativity against conscious fact being the head out, it is hell idea by itself

merd, how can u say ur stupid means by using such situation is the shit here
how can u b unsensible and unsensitive to conscious present hell of individuals issues is saying everything here instead of u

she might b ungreatful to who??? do u have the end part we dont see ??? the present is she alone expecting chimio the regular stuff that everyone die from
when u r present and dont have any positive support to provide for her situation, how can u mention being greateful about her to people instead of mentionning ur sense of shame for being a healthy body conscious that cant justify it in the presence of negative body conscious while cant either help
26-09-2013, 10:38 AM
(26-09-2013 10:08 AM)Questioning Wrote:  I know that this subject has been brought up and beaten to death, but it just never ceases to amaze me. I work with a lady here in the office who just found out that she has breast cancer, and she quickly had a double mastectomy, last week. The cancer had indeed spread to one of her lymph nodes, so the chemo will start, soon.

She's one of those very loud individuals who talks loudly on the phone and to others, and she doesn't mind if everyone hears what she's saying. While I must preface by saying that, in this case, I didn't hear every word she just said on the phone, I got the gist of it, and I couldn't help but vent.

She's telling everyone on the phone and around the office (except me) that "God is showing off" because her medical benefits will cover some aspect of her treatment, and most of it will get done before said benefits are renewed and deductibles are back. That might be the stupidest effing quote that I've personally heard a religious person say about something like this.

As most everyone here on this forum would ask, why in the world would she talk up an imaginary friend who let those cells spread in the *first* place? I've never been as scared as she likely is right now, but this silver-lining bullshit is so utterly disingenuous, and I have no doubt that most all of these same people are really asking "Why me?", deep down. It pains me that she's about to go through a really terrible time with treatment, but it also bothers me that, should she get through this, she won't be grateful to those who really did something for her.

So she talked up god because she has a good insurance plan?

Sucks she has cancer I am not saying anything else about it.
[+] 1 user Likes gall's post
26-09-2013, 10:43 AM
incredible hell u r going to keep making ur shit jokes as if ...incredible rats that invent anything of anything for present claims

look it is easy, when u dont say any right then u r saying the shit u r

wat right did u point there ??? the right of sucking ??? or the right of not saying ??? fuck u bc u said urself, who cares to see u, when everyone is himself
26-09-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm new here...but does anyone actually understand what absols writes?
26-09-2013, 11:21 AM
(26-09-2013 10:38 AM)gall Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 10:08 AM)Questioning Wrote:  I know that this subject has been brought up and beaten to death, but it just never ceases to amaze me. I work with a lady here in the office who just found out that she has breast cancer, and she quickly had a double mastectomy, last week. The cancer had indeed spread to one of her lymph nodes, so the chemo will start, soon.

So she talked up god because she has a good insurance plan?

Sucks she has cancer I am not saying anything else about it.

I must admit that I was a bit hesitant to even post anything, as I know how hard things are about to be for her and her family, but yes, that's essentially what happened. It's clear that she's glad to get good news of any sort, as I most certainly would be, but it's still troubling to hear what she's loudly belting out.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure how I would react getting that kind of news, but there's something about the "stardust" and "living on in the memories of others" that I'd like to think would be sufficient/comforting enough.

"If you wake up tomorrow morning thinking that saying a few Latin words over your pancakes is going to turn them into the body of Elvis Presley, you have lost your mind. But if you think, more or less, the same thing about a cracker and the body of Jesus, you're just a Catholic."
26-09-2013, 11:57 AM
u r monsters criminals not any kind of criminal

wat memories when the present is all, it is not what u have no least respect nor sense of truth, memories are only what embody ur true present bc of what present is all what is, this is how truth is always same infinity anywhere real
but how can u picture ur will in worse situation of another, willing that this other embody ur will, and saying it loud urself, how u mean to abuse others negative situations and pains to enslave them for smthg that u could live through as a conscious
and how can u judge her as bad while she is in pain now or later but definitely in deep shit to deal with

it shows how shit is about anyone essentially always still, that rejected to consider the value of the fact known being what exist and not himself, that meant to himself to jump on taking advantage of knowing positive existence by thinking the positive it must embody it always

but how it would b surrounded by so much things and others while completely like nothing with and still thinking inventing an idea to mean him as positive value by looking anywhere feeling well at looking at inferior facts to mean getting smthg to say
26-09-2013, 12:11 PM
(26-09-2013 11:57 AM)absols Wrote:  u r monsters criminals not any kind of criminal

wat memories when the present is all, it is not what u have no least respect nor sense of truth, memories are only what embody ur true present bc of what present is all what is, this is how truth is always same infinity anywhere real
but how can u picture ur will in worse situation of another, willing that this other embody ur will, and saying it loud urself, how u mean to abuse others negative situations and pains to enslave them for smthg that u could live through as a conscious
and how can u judge her as bad while she is in pain now or later but definitely in deep shit to deal with

it shows how shit is about anyone essentially always still, that rejected to consider the value of the fact known being what exist and not himself, that meant to himself to jump on taking advantage of knowing positive existence by thinking the positive it must embody it always

but how it would b surrounded by so much things and others while completely like nothing with and still thinking inventing an idea to mean him as positive value by looking anywhere feeling well at looking at inferior facts to mean getting smthg to say

What is this???

It looks like english but it cannot be read in english for any real meaning.

Did you translate this or is this just one more reason you have such a large negative reputation?

How is it you have that bad of rep and are not banned?

Make sense more please or just don't bother please.
26-09-2013, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2013 12:24 PM by absols.)
fuck u piece of shit, how that make more sense to u or bother

ban me piece of shit how is that my business fuck u

as if it is not obvious the piece of shit u r

fucking shit how easy it is to use others to mean shit

when u cant point anything by urself and when u cant b urself by realizing some means alone, then it is u that must b banned forever from all existence, starting by forums the space of free means reality