Rationalizing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2013, 12:23 PM
RE: Rationalizing
(26-09-2013 10:46 AM)Airyaman Wrote:  I'm new here...but does anyone actually understand what absols writes?

Not really, bits and pieces sometimes.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2013, 02:48 PM
While I'd prefer the superbowl tickets to the terminal disease myself, why can't we just say:

1) The phone lady is religious

2) Her glass is always half-full

Why does she have to be unhappy solely because of an illness...

??
26-09-2013, 02:55 PM
how that woman is an example of anything or others

it is incredible how much u love to turn somebody to shit instead of u

u heard a conversation wat do u know about her and how dare u invent her when u didnt even hear anything

again it proves how for u there is only u while surounded by others and things realities
26-09-2013, 03:30 PM
(26-09-2013 02:48 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  While I'd prefer the superbowl tickets to the terminal disease myself, why can't we just say:

1) The phone lady is religious

2) Her glass is always half-full

Why does she have to be unhappy solely because of an illness...

??

My original post was basically to call into question the basis of her rationale regarding your second point. Her friends, family and doctors will be providing the tangible support/care she needs to get through this ordeal, and having a surrounding like that is precisely why someone should do the best that they can to embrace the optimistic side.

As tragic as it is, cancer just happens, and no one needs the added internal struggle of wondering why an almost certainly non-existent being would allow such a thing to happen; it would only seem to *add* to the problem.

"If you wake up tomorrow morning thinking that saying a few Latin words over your pancakes is going to turn them into the body of Elvis Presley, you have lost your mind. But if you think, more or less, the same thing about a cracker and the body of Jesus, you're just a Catholic."
[+] 1 user Likes Questioning's post
26-09-2013, 03:42 PM
(26-09-2013 10:46 AM)Airyaman Wrote:  I'm new here...but does anyone actually understand what absols writes?

He's saying:
"I'm a rude moron who loves to swear a lot and put others down. And whatever I say, I like to make sure it's as difficult to understand as it can possibly be."

At least that's what I got out of it (and just about everything else I've read from him).
Dodgy

By the way, welcome to the forum. Smile

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
26-09-2013, 03:47 PM
(26-09-2013 10:08 AM)Questioning Wrote:  I know that this subject has been brought up and beaten to death, but it just never ceases to amaze me. I work with a lady here in the office who just found out that she has breast cancer, and she quickly had a double mastectomy, last week. The cancer had indeed spread to one of her lymph nodes, so the chemo will start, soon.

She's one of those very loud individuals who talks loudly on the phone and to others, and she doesn't mind if everyone hears what she's saying. While I must preface by saying that, in this case, I didn't hear every word she just said on the phone, I got the gist of it, and I couldn't help but vent.

She's telling everyone on the phone and around the office (except me) that "God is showing off" because her medical benefits will cover some aspect of her treatment, and most of it will get done before said benefits are renewed and deductibles are back. That might be the stupidest effing quote that I've personally heard a religious person say about something like this.

As most everyone here on this forum would ask, why in the world would she talk up an imaginary friend who let those cells spread in the *first* place? I've never been as scared as she likely is right now, but this silver-lining bullshit is so utterly disingenuous, and I have no doubt that most all of these same people are really asking "Why me?", deep down. It pains me that she's about to go through a really terrible time with treatment, but it also bothers me that, should she get through this, she won't be grateful to those who really did something for her.

....and so the supernatural world turns.

Yeah, I agree. Pretty ridiculous. It's bad enough that she still thinks god is great after he practically gave her a death sentence, but then she adds to that silliness by believing he would actually have anything to do with her insurance. Rolleyes Well, whatever gets you through such a thing I suppose, but that wouldn't be the path I would take if I was diagnosed with cancer.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
26-09-2013, 03:53 PM
(26-09-2013 03:30 PM)Questioning Wrote:  My original post was basically to call into question the basis of her rationale regarding your second point. Her friends, family and doctors will be providing the tangible support/care she needs to get through this ordeal, and having a surrounding like that is precisely why someone should do the best that they can to embrace the optimistic side.

As tragic as it is, cancer just happens, and no one needs the added internal struggle of wondering why an almost certainly non-existent being would allow such a thing to happen; it would only seem to *add* to the problem.

first it is not ur surounding so u r inventing smthg then what u say has no value at all inn
second, cancer dont jsut happens, a mortal very disgusting disease that can b worse then aids kind of what it can turn a human to, dont just happens

while cancer till now cant b healed barely superficially seen, and some cancer are really catastrophic livings, it is beyond what anybody can handle

so no it doesnt just happens

get a cancer and then come back speculate about what others dont react right
26-09-2013, 04:06 PM
(26-09-2013 03:47 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Yeah, I agree. Pretty ridiculous. It's bad enough that she still thinks god is great after he practically gave her a death sentence, but then she adds to that silliness by believing he would actually have anything to do with her insurance. Rolleyes Well, whatever gets you through such a thing I suppose, but that wouldn't be the path I would take if I was diagnosed with cancer.

i wish we could all see ur reactions in getting cancer live

u would b forced to stick to ur words here, noway to change ur mind then, dont give a word if u cant handle it

insurance is meant being included in the same package of cancer, ur living condition is one like cancer also act as one, all is one present u, so meaning that insurance is coming from another providence while it is not provided by the family that fighted for, then the intelligent like her would keep playing the card god, among others cards if she got a chance, for an end in the package that could possibly b well if seen as a whole by god one condition of life

there is nothing wrong in her reasoning on the contrary a lot of men react that way in trouble too
it is not the surounding that can do anything to cancer and when anything happening in life against u is done before without ur presence so by powers that condition humans life in times
26-09-2013, 05:20 PM

Your best bet is to just move on, or use the ignore feature.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
26-09-2013, 05:25 PM
As someone who had both breasts removed in 2009 and am doing well...no chemo and no radiation in my case, I can say that I felt no need to call on a god to get me through it. I relied on an excellent medical team. I was thankful that I had good insurance but that's not because of a god, it's because my husband has worked for years for a major corporation that makes it available.

Along the way, I have met others that feel certain that god is keeping them alive, providing for them, etc. My question is why be so thankful to a god for helping you work toward a cure when it's that very same god that gave you the cancer in the first place.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post