Rationalizing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: Rationalizing
(26-09-2013 10:12 AM)Airyaman Wrote:  I know of a person on another forum who believes in god because he prayed for and was later able to obtain superbowl tickets.

You mean you don't worship PigSkin: God of the NFL....?.....

HERETIC

I kid, I kid Tongue

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2013, 06:01 PM
For those who throw out the 'you would think differently about god if you were facing something awful like cancer' I have to say no. A cancer diagnosis did not change my mind from trusting science to trusting in something I see no proof of.

So for those who think cancer or something similar is a game changer in the belief department, I dispute your blanket assertion that it is so. Firsthand, not hearsay.

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
26-09-2013, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 26-09-2013 07:14 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-09-2013 06:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  For those who throw out the 'you would think differently about god if you were facing something awful like cancer' I have to say no. A cancer diagnosis did not change my mind from trusting science to trusting in something I see no proof of.

So for those who think cancer or something similar is a game changer in the belief department, I dispute your blanket assertion that it is so. Firsthand, not hearsay.

And as far as "Well, you would think different if you were dying right now.", Girly spent 16 hours in a hospital bed dying from peritoneal septic shock with an undiagnosed burst appendix. God never entered my mind. Weren't no fucking room for it. You know what did ... the fuckin' Bee Gees. Big Grin

Since 08-01-2015 I have forgiven HeyWouldYouBlowMe 40 times for being a hypocritical uninformed false Christian piece of shit asshole in his insults to forum members. In each case, I just turned the other cheek and let it go.
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-09-2013, 07:17 PM
(26-09-2013 05:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  As someone who had both breasts removed in 2009 and am doing well...no chemo and no radiation in my case, I can say that I felt no need to call on a god to get me through it. I relied on an excellent medical team. I was thankful that I had good insurance but that's not because of a god, it's because my husband has worked for years for a major corporation that makes it available.

Exactly the same for my mum earlier this year.
(Except for having to pay anything)

26-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Hope she is doing well DLJ.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-09-2013, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 27-09-2013 06:49 AM by absols.)
it is funny how useless u r why dont u talk about urselves only when u cant mean any issue nor fact and keep pointing urselves limited word will by deforming and abusing everything else for

it is clear that all what u r trying to hear here, is urself voice claiming being confident in not needing any powerful existence in time of facing its death
how is that helping anybody or anything

as if the principle is the rejection of being sick and the submission to faith
this is u, not anyone standard in being a human

when it is that deep retarded mean, words cant b used for

o yea of course i face cancer with beegees not a second i thought of any god

wat is that shit

as if what matter is sciences glorification and not the sick guy mental health

how do u face ur own death like that, smthg that u wont b there when it comes, how do u mean it as preparing urself to while also working with science to avoid it now

it shows that u broke all relations with logics, this is freak words, like abusing an end already done or meant by inventing how to justify it infront of others and open debates for more training giving courses, where u would sound guessing the end or the idea meant at the first place to sound like guessing what is right

people like u that keep faking existing are the lucky ones in those situations, the same people who enjoy playing with real guns and redo after being shot

i hate u from what i hate life by facing it through u

u r from using everything same freedom then urs energy, the being one thing always strong in powers

that is why u dont care about any existential issue, u r one with powers and force on all and everything as u real u

i hate life for a lot of reasons, but mostly i hate it really i hate ur happiness ur smiles and positive beings senses and means

that prove how there will b two different existence

absolutely else

u dont know objective logics that is why u wont of course accept to recall one way as being shit

but again i repeat, a lot of people are suffering of existential issues and rights like me and more

when i shout it so clearly and repeatitively how i cant b allowed to give it one word say it all, of what others are suffering constantly

individuality is the true reference to any perspective of existence facts, we dont use anything or anyother to pretend being ourselves nor for, there is smthg called reality and not what one sees or want

actually the real existential issue is ur existence, while ur insistence to b always is revealing the answer of division forever as the only way

and here the word one way is in truth ways

divisions for ever is the one way

what is pathetic is the mean to use weak situations as a reason for work

this is sickness, ur ways of thinking and seeing to an extreme edge only urself life in everything

a lot of weak present beings are not living like u, also a lot of free present intelligent active beings are conscious selves right life

a sick person is an excuse for u to mean smthg from for u to stay the same life

cmon science is good say it and die we are working on evolution for living forever more us more children dont u see byebye leave it to humanity die in peace

fuck u
27-09-2013, 06:51 AM
(27-09-2013 06:40 AM)absols Wrote:  it is funny how useless u r why dont u talk about urselves only when u cant mean any issue nor fact and keep pointing urselves limited word will by deforming and abusing everything else for

it is clear that all what u r trying to hear here, is urself voice claiming being confident in not needing any powerful existence in time of facing its death

wat is that shit

how do u face ur own death like that, smthg that u wont b there when it comes, how do u mean it as preparing urself to while also working with science to avoid it now

it shows that u broke all relations with logics, this is freak words, like abusing an end already done or meant by inventing how to justify it infront of others and open debates for more training giving courses, where u would sound guessing the end or the idea meant at the first place to sound like guessing what is right

people like u that keep faking existing are the lucky ones in those situations, the same people who enjoy playing with real guns and redo after being shot

u r from using everything same freedom then urs energy, the being one thing always strong in powers

that is why u dont care about any existential issue, u r one with powers and force on all and everything as u real u

i hate life for a lot of reasons, but mostly i hate it really i hate ur happiness ur smiles and positive beings senses and means

absolutely else

u dont know objective logics that is why u wont of course accept to recall one way as being shit

but again i repeat, a lot of people are suffering of existential issues and rights like me and more

when i shout it so clearly and repeatitively how i cant b allowed to give it one word say it all, of what others are suffering constantly

individuality is the true reference to any perspective of existence facts, we dont use anything or anyother to pretend being ourselves nor for, there is smthg called reality and not what one sees or want

actually the real existential issue is ur existence, while ur insistence to b always is revealing the answer of division forever as the only way

this is sickness, ur ways of thinking and seeing to an extreme edge only urself life in everything

a lot of weak present beings are not living like u, also a lot of free present intelligent active beings are conscious selves right life

cmon science is good say it and die we are working on evolution for living forever more us more children dont u see byebye leave it to humanity die in peace

fuck u

Translation:

[Image: I_Can_Typing.gif]

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
[+] 3 users Like TSG's post
27-09-2013, 07:10 AM
(27-09-2013 06:40 AM)absols Wrote:  it is funny how useless u r why dont u talk about urselves only when u cant mean any issue nor fact and keep pointing urselves limited word will by deforming and abusing everything else for

wat is that shit

absolutely else

fuck u
As usual, insightful and encouraging.

27-09-2013, 08:00 AM
(26-09-2013 04:06 PM)absols Wrote:  
(26-09-2013 03:47 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Yeah, I agree. Pretty ridiculous. It's bad enough that she still thinks god is great after he practically gave her a death sentence, but then she adds to that silliness by believing he would actually have anything to do with her insurance. Rolleyes Well, whatever gets you through such a thing I suppose, but that wouldn't be the path I would take if I was diagnosed with cancer.

i wish we could all see ur reactions in getting cancer live

u would b forced to stick to ur words here, noway to change ur mind then, dont give a word if u cant handle it

Let's see, I don't believe in any god. So why would I even consider turning to one for help in times of trouble, no matter how bad, anymore than I would turn to a fictional character in a book? Doing so would be completely useless and, if I was dying especially, wasting time is not something I would really want to do.

I wouldn't have to be "forced" to stick to my words. It would come completely naturally.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
27-09-2013, 08:23 AM
Absols didn't understand the fact that I did 'get cancer live', I already know how I reacted and would in the future.