Rationalizing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-09-2013, 08:32 AM
RE: Rationalizing
(27-09-2013 08:23 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Absols didn't understand the fact that I did 'get cancer live', I already know how I reacted and would in the future.

Or he understood, but isn't ever interested in giving a response that would be agreeable.

Silence is only golden when it's not synonymous with a failure to speak out against injustice.

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." --Gene Roddenberry
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
27-09-2013, 08:35 AM
(26-09-2013 06:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  For those who throw out the 'you would think differently about god if you were facing something awful like cancer' I have to say no. A cancer diagnosis did not change my mind from trusting science to trusting in something I see no proof of.

So for those who think cancer or something similar is a game changer in the belief department, I dispute your blanket assertion that it is so. Firsthand, not hearsay.

First of all, Anjele, I need to thank you for mentioning the "Ignore" function, as that's been particularly helpful in this thread! Smile

I appreciate your candor by giving us an idea of what you went through when you were sick. If I may ask, did you receive offers/statements of "prayers" from caring relatives/friends? If so, how did you react to those situations?

"If you wake up tomorrow morning thinking that saying a few Latin words over your pancakes is going to turn them into the body of Elvis Presley, you have lost your mind. But if you think, more or less, the same thing about a cracker and the body of Jesus, you're just a Catholic."
27-09-2013, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2013 07:06 AM by Anjele.)
I was offered prayers and also the lighting of candles. I said thank you. They wanted to help and had no idea how (especially geographically distant folk who couldn't do something directly). I knew a lot of them felt more helpless than I did. They meant well and I understood and accepted that.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-09-2013, 02:37 PM
you are complete freak, as if there is a button pressed for reactions to situations

u r crazy, complete shit, objective facts are to what doesnt concern u so contain some logics about it to get use to

getting cancer and having to die this is all to u, not to any situation code

it doesnt involve anything nor anyother person

then you are right in all means to handle it as u think the best for urself situation there

and any other person of real blood would respect the pain
while apparently most human beings are all spiritual now since they never give from being any living present sense to reality, it is the opposite that u do, taking from any perspective or sights urself life
27-09-2013, 02:44 PM
(27-09-2013 02:37 PM)absols Wrote:  you are complete freak, as if there is a button pressed for reactions to situations

u r crazy, complete shit, objective facts are to what doesnt concern u so contain some logics about it to get use to

getting cancer and having to die this is all to u, not to any situation code

it doesnt involve anything nor anyother person

then you are right in all means to handle it as u think the best for urself situation there

and any other person of real blood would respect the pain
while apparently most human beings are all spiritual now since they never give from being any living present sense to reality, it is the opposite that u do, taking from any perspective or sights urself life

[Image: ezgif_save_1.gif]
[+] 2 users Like TSG's post