Ray Comfort -- Evolution v. God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2015, 11:18 PM
Ray Comfort -- Evolution v. God
About 30 minutes into Comfort's video he says "the Bible says heaven is a free gift of God". Mr. Comfort, the Bible says no such thing. It says the price of heaven is belief. The price of belief is gullibility. The price of gullibility is the loss of reason. To lose one's reason is to become insane. One's sanity is a pretty high price to pay for anything, especially something that I can only collect after I'm dead.

Sapere aude
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes f stop's post
07-02-2015, 03:55 AM
RE: Ray Comfort -- Evolution v. God
(06-02-2015 11:18 PM)f stop Wrote:  About 30 minutes into Comfort's video he says "the Bible says heaven is a free gift of God". Mr. Comfort, the Bible says no such thing. It says the price of heaven is belief. The price of belief is gullibility. The price of gullibility is the loss of reason. To lose one's reason is to become insane. One's sanity is a pretty high price to pay for anything, especially something that I can only collect after I'm dead.

So wait.

Wait.

..... waaaaaaaiiiiit.

You watched 30 minutes of Ray?

... and you retained your sanity?

... and ONLY 30 minutes in, did you find something to complain about?
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
07-02-2015, 04:15 AM
I will never watch a 40 minute video in which some bloke with a New Zealand accent makes a pointless rant, because you are to lazy to summerise the content.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
07-02-2015, 05:26 AM
I'm sorry, it's not humanly possible for an Atheist to watch 30 minutes of Ray Comfort.

I call bullshit Smile

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
07-02-2015, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2015 09:47 AM by The Organic Chemist.)
(07-02-2015 05:26 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I'm sorry, it's not humanly possible for an Atheist to watch 30 minutes of Ray Comfort.

I call bullshit Smile

Unless fstop is really Ray or Kirk!!! Banana_zorro

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
07-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Must have been a drinking game. Or lost a bet. Or wanted to feel smarter than somebody else. Those are the only logical reasons to watch Ray.

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
07-02-2015, 12:04 PM
F stop must be being held hostage by Team God .
His only hope of rescue was to try to slip a message into a Believer Approved video.
It's the only explanation!
07-02-2015, 10:27 PM
I couldn't even watch the beginning credit's on that video. I'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved under my fingernails than watch that shit.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-02-2015, 11:08 AM
(06-02-2015 11:18 PM)f stop Wrote:  About 30 minutes into Comfort's video he says "the Bible says heaven is a free gift of God". Mr. Comfort, the Bible says no such thing. It says the price of heaven is belief. The price of belief is gullibility. The price of gullibility is the loss of reason. To lose one's reason is to become insane. One's sanity is a pretty high price to pay for anything, especially something that I can only collect after I'm dead.

A free gift, meaning it may be accepted or refused. Free meaning "not by deeds per the Mosaic law" but free to anyone who wishes to respond to Christ's death and resurrection by trusting Him.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2015, 11:11 AM
I have a copy of this drivel in my desk from the street preachers a year or so ago. One day I plan on buying a bottle of whiskey and seeing how far I can go into it and the whiskey.

And it is probably true that something that exists only in the imagination is free.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick