Ray Comfort -- Evolution v. God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2015, 05:56 PM
RE: Ray Comfort -- Evolution v. God
Quote:I will never watch a 40 minute video in which some bloke with a New Zealand accent makes a pointless rant

What if I made a 40minute video where I make a pointless rant?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2015, 10:06 PM
These are the only kind of Ray Comfort vids that are worth watching.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
10-02-2015, 09:41 AM
(09-02-2015 11:11 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I have a copy of this drivel in my desk from the street preachers a year or so ago. One day I plan on buying a bottle of whiskey and seeing how far I can go into it and the whiskey.

And it is probably true that something that exists only in the imagination is free.

TBD:

1. I'm amazed you met street preachers pushing free salvation rather than "stop sinning and get saved" and that sort of thing--obviously Jesus is trying to bring you the correct gospel from a variety of sources.

2. I like it all from a Pimm's Cup or Margarita to a Sazerac, cold beer with pizza or a good Pinot Grigio or sangria--but I hope you are just being silly about wanting to drink yourself to visions and insensibility. One of the fruits of the Spirit is self-control (Lord, help all of us).

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2015, 10:05 AM
Ray Comfort -- Evolution v. God
(10-02-2015 09:41 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 11:11 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I have a copy of this drivel in my desk from the street preachers a year or so ago. One day I plan on buying a bottle of whiskey and seeing how far I can go into it and the whiskey.

And it is probably true that something that exists only in the imagination is free.

TBD:

1. I'm amazed you met street preachers pushing free salvation rather than "stop sinning and get saved" and that sort of thing--obviously Jesus is trying to bring you the correct gospel from a variety of sources.

2. I like it all from a Pimm's Cup or Margarita to a Sazerac, cold beer with pizza or a good Pinot Grigio or sangria--but I hope you are just being silly about wanting to drink yourself to visions and insensibility. One of the fruits of the Spirit is self-control (Lord, help all of us).

I'm amazed you construct sentences.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
10-02-2015, 10:55 AM
(10-02-2015 10:05 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 09:41 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  TBD:

Not sure I follow you perhaps you'd care to elaborate further or not but either way I'm trying to encourage you so don't tempt me Frodo and please don't eat the daisies but rather stop and smell the pizzas along the way.

I'm amazed you construct sentences.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
10-02-2015, 11:42 AM
(09-02-2015 11:08 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(06-02-2015 11:18 PM)f stop Wrote:  About 30 minutes into Comfort's video he says "the Bible says heaven is a free gift of God". Mr. Comfort, the Bible says no such thing. It says the price of heaven is belief. The price of belief is gullibility. The price of gullibility is the loss of reason. To lose one's reason is to become insane. One's sanity is a pretty high price to pay for anything, especially something that I can only collect after I'm dead.

A free gift, meaning it may be accepted or refused. Free meaning "not by deeds per the Mosaic law" but free to anyone who wishes to respond to Christ's death and resurrection by trusting Him.

If I'm given something free then it's free. If I have to give something in return like trust then it's not free.
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
10-02-2015, 03:00 PM
(10-02-2015 11:42 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(09-02-2015 11:08 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  A free gift, meaning it may be accepted or refused. Free meaning "not by deeds per the Mosaic law" but free to anyone who wishes to respond to Christ's death and resurrection by trusting Him.

If I'm given something free then it's free. If I have to give something in return like trust then it's not free.

Correct! You have been given a free gift. You don't have to accept it. Your choice. But the natural results of accepting a lovely gift include thankfulness and etc. and we all know how we should feel about someone who rejects a gift and despises the giver at the same time.

10-02-2015, 03:33 PM
(10-02-2015 03:00 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 11:42 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  If I'm given something free then it's free. If I have to give something in return like trust then it's not free.

Correct! You have been given a free gift. You don't have to accept it. Your choice. But the natural results of accepting a lovely gift include thankfulness and etc. and we all know how we should feel about someone who rejects a gift and despises the giver at the same time.

No one here despises the non-existent giver of the non-existent gift.
[+] 2 users Like Rik's post
10-02-2015, 04:43 PM
(10-02-2015 03:00 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 11:42 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  If I'm given something free then it's free. If I have to give something in return like trust then it's not free.

If I am correct then why would you say I've been offered a free gift. If I'm correct (and I am) the "gift" isn't free.
I don't think there is anything wrong with being thankful(no etc. involved).But giving thanks and giving trust are two different things.
Of course I cant actually give thanks to god or Jesus until I'm convinced they exist and that they have actually done anything for me.
You last statement in that was an assumption. You know nothing about how I might feel about your god. I actually don't see the problem with refusing a gift(especially when the giver expects a price). But if you knew me at all you'd know that I like villains in literature. It's a stretch to call the Bible literature but it certainly has the greatest villain. Yahweh is a total badass...
11-02-2015, 03:41 PM
(10-02-2015 03:33 PM)Rik Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 03:00 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Correct! You have been given a free gift. You don't have to accept it. Your choice. But the natural results of accepting a lovely gift include thankfulness and etc. and we all know how we should feel about someone who rejects a gift and despises the giver at the same time.

No one here despises the non-existent giver of the non-existent gift.

Is that why atheists come and out and slur, scream at and curse at street preachers internationally? Every time I travel to a college campus or a big city, even if the street preacher is obviously an unwell person who needs medication or clinical care, the atheists who are "above all hate" come out and rain abuse--and sometimes for hours unending. I call baloney.