Ray Comfort -- Evolution v. God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2015, 03:46 PM
RE: Ray Comfort -- Evolution v. God
(10-02-2015 04:43 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 03:00 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Correct! You have been given a free gift. You don't have to accept it. Your choice. But the natural results of accepting a lovely gift include thankfulness and etc. and we all know how we should feel about someone who rejects a gift and despises the giver at the same time.

If I am correct then why would you say I've been offered a free gift. If I'm correct (and I am) the "gift" isn't free.
I don't think there is anything wrong with being thankful(no etc. involved).But giving thanks and giving trust are two different things.
Of course I cant actually give thanks to god or Jesus until I'm convinced they exist and that they have actually done anything for me.
You last statement in that was an assumption. You know nothing about how I might feel about your god. I actually don't see the problem with refusing a gift(especially when the giver expects a price). But if you knew me at all you'd know that I like villains in literature. It's a stretch to call the Bible literature but it certainly has the greatest villain. Yahweh is a total badass...

Sure. I'll explain.

1. The bigger the villain or antagonist, the badder-ass the protagonist. Die Hard without the Gruber Bros? Bond without Blofeld? Luke Skywalker without Anakin Skywalker? Jupiter Rising without... Jupiter? Agreed.

2. The way we receive a material gift is to open the package. Thanks and trust are optional. The way to receive salvation is to trust Jesus for it since there is no ribbon or wrap to be repurposed or discarded. Thanks are optional. You need not be grateful to the Lord or contrite for sin or change your life (sigh). But the way you receive it is to trust Jesus, not yourself, for the gift.

3. I do hear and receive your statement that you cannot go next steps with Jesus until you're convinced he's done something for you. I must say for me that I find His dying for me, His serving me and His disciples, His healings and His kindness and etc. very moving. Those are a good place to begin.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2015, 06:17 PM
RE: Ray Comfort -- Evolution v. God
(10-02-2015 03:00 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(10-02-2015 11:42 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  If I'm given something free then it's free. If I have to give something in return like trust then it's not free.

Correct! You have been given a free gift. You don't have to accept it. Your choice. But the natural results of accepting a lovely gift include thankfulness and etc. and we all know how we should feel about someone who rejects a gift and despises the giver at the same time.
I have a gift for u Q. If u refuse to accept I will burn u alive. Is that a free gift?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes photon9's post