Ray Comfort gets called out on his douchebaggery.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2013, 07:02 AM
RE: Ray Comfort gets called out on his douchebaggery.
(10-08-2013 06:28 AM)LostLocke Wrote:  So, how long before Comfort moves on to selling OxiClean at 2 in the morning?

At this rate, never. That would require Ray to be telling somewhat of a truth.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2013, 12:14 PM
It's also not what the evolutionary biologists say or don't say....it's also how Ray Cmfort's words are edited. He could say one thing in the real interview and have the lead question be something else.

Really I haven't any interest to see it so, I don't know for sure.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

10-08-2013, 12:14 PM
I thought it was Ray Cumfart? If I ever see that asshole, I think I might punch him.

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

- Bertrand Russel
10-08-2013, 02:27 PM
Who cares about more footage?

Atheists are making out that Comfort's movie is a big deal, something that worries them. This is consistent with how Comfort is marketing his movie.
The Atheists start reacting (strongly) then the religious evolution deniers think there must be something to Comfort's movie if it is worrying the atheists so.
Then they fork out the $5 and Comfort gets terribly rich.

If anyone wants to learn about the evidence for evolution then there are many published scientific books and you can then use the internet to explore further or even go to a museum if you find the fossil record to be of interest.
You could even perform an experiment yourself with Guppies (apparently) or maybe take a visit to the Galapagos Islands. Learn about DNA Genome profiling, about protogenes, mutations and how certain mutations are shared by certain groups of animals. Understand why there were no mammals (other than bats) in NZ or why Australia was dominated by marsupials. Why the fossil records is consistent with continental shift. Why certain animals/plants are only found on specific islands, why the internal structures of complex animals looks like there has been no overall design but merely rudimentary fix ups upon fix ups resulting in a working end product.

Is there a detailed Creationism theory to explain the multitude of evidences or do Creationists only focus on pointing to low level gaps in evolution theory saying "We don't understand how evolution can do that therefore it must have been god that did it"?
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
10-08-2013, 03:18 PM
(10-08-2013 02:27 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Who cares about more footage?

Atheists are making out that Comfort's movie is a big deal, something that worries them. This is consistent with how Comfort is marketing his movie.
The Atheists start reacting (strongly) then the religious evolution deniers think there must be something to Comfort's movie if it is worrying the atheists so.
Then they fork out the $5 and Comfort gets terribly rich.

If anyone wants to learn about the evidence for evolution then there are many published scientific books and you can then use the internet to explore further or even go to a museum if you find the fossil record to be of interest.
You could even perform an experiment yourself with Guppies (apparently) or maybe take a visit to the Galapagos Islands. Learn about DNA Genome profiling, about protogenes, mutations and how certain mutations are shared by certain groups of animals. Understand why there were no mammals (other than bats) in NZ or why Australia was dominated by marsupials. Why the fossil records is consistent with continental shift. Why certain animals/plants are only found on specific islands, why the internal structures of complex animals looks like there has been no overall design but merely rudimentary fix ups upon fix ups resulting in a working end product.

Is there a detailed Creationism theory to explain the multitude of evidences or do Creationists only focus on pointing to low level gaps in evolution theory saying "We don't understand how evolution can do that therefore it must have been god that did it"?

This isn't about atheists worrying about the foundations of evolution, it's about Comfort's known history of devious film editing. Take this video, for example:

The film supposedly presents professional biologists not being able to give proof for evolution. That's like asking a mathematician what 2 + 2 is and them scratching their heads in confusion. It doesn't make any sense. That is why the unedited footage should come to light. It will no doubt show that each one gave an informed answer and that, as we all know, Comfort is a cheat.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
10-08-2013, 03:29 PM
(10-08-2013 03:18 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  This isn't about atheists worrying about the foundations of evolution, it's about Comfort's known history of devious film editing.
What it is about, is making money for Comfort and that means generation of interest in his movie.

Certainly Comfort wants atheists to react, he does not want ho hum disinterest.
10-08-2013, 03:33 PM
(10-08-2013 03:29 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(10-08-2013 03:18 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  This isn't about atheists worrying about the foundations of evolution, it's about Comfort's known history of devious film editing.
What it is about, is making money for Comfort and that means generation of interest in his movie.

The request may generate more interest for the film, but the point of asking for the unedited film is for the reasons I gave.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-08-2013, 03:37 PM
(10-08-2013 03:33 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(10-08-2013 03:29 PM)Stevil Wrote:  What it is about, is making money for Comfort and that means generation of interest in his movie.

The request may generate more interest for the film, but the point of asking for the unedited film is for the reasons I gave.

Personally I think it best to distribute the link to the video above showing how he has a track record of changing the question and deceiving his audience, rather than focus on his new movie that he is wanting to sell.
10-08-2013, 03:58 PM
Oh my, its really funny watching Ray's movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ

However it is portrayed, honestly, dishonestly, IDK. But it is hilarious.
People telling him that evolution is not a belief and then next minute them stating that they believe in evolution, that they have strong belief.

People are just so lax with terminology. This certainly isn't scientific and its not something that would hold any water in any court, but it is a great example of how the English language and common speak is imprecise and can easily be bastardised.

Getting them to give observable evidence, they point to stuff happening millions of years ago and then him say, well I can't observe that. LOL
Then they talk about evolving fish and he asks what do they turn into and they say different species of fish. So he summaries, fish turn into fish, bacteria turn into bacteria.

The movie is actually hilarious stuff.

It has no merit other than being incredibly funny.
10-08-2013, 06:21 PM
And btw,the comedy movie costed $20 before 7 august.
He had around 60k downloads,that makes $1,200,000. I cant believe he made that much by interviewing proffesors,college students and streetpeople for free!
i hate that charlatan!
And now he sells other franchise? People like him make me puke

KC IS A LIAR!!!! HE PROMISED ME VANILLA CAKES AND GAVE ME STRAWBERRY CAKE Weeping