Ray Comfort gets called out on his douchebaggery.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2013, 02:43 PM
RE: Ray Comfort gets called out on his douchebaggery.
(12-08-2013 02:09 PM)eksyte Wrote:  LOL @ "liable" in Jeffasaurus's post. I think you mean "libel".

Goddammit!! Angry I hate it when that happens!!AngryAngry

It's fixed now.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2013, 06:33 AM
(09-08-2013 07:50 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I cannot wait til the video where Ray tearfully admits his intellectual dishonesty.

I read this, and pictured Dawkins riding Ray with a big black strap-on. Yes, my mind is NQR. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
14-08-2013, 07:21 AM
I've noticed from Ray, Kirk, Ken and Baby Hovind's material that it is not designed to convince scientists. Their trite strawmen, quote mines and false dichotomy is presented to the choir with the hope of strengthening their dogma. Trashing their silly documentaries only gives them an illusion of persecution, and in the glassy eyes of their followers "persecution" appears to be evidence of "truth". I say give Ray his bottle. Just say for a hypothetical moment that evolution is not correct. Then ask him to take you to his leader under the same conditions he demands of evolution. Where is the evidence? If we for one moment say evolution is false, it does not automatically default to Genesis 1:1.

"Now I don't want to be sane either, but I'm just saying there may be other delusions and hallucinations worthy of consideration before jumping to an irrational conclusion, that's all."
[+] 1 user Likes Fisty_McBeefpunch's post
14-08-2013, 12:51 PM
One thing annoying me is they've fallen into the leaded question: he asks to show a change of "kind" when there's no such thing as that in the classification.
I've not seen the entire video yet. The smugness is insufferable. I will force myself to, I suppose. Now the way it's edited, it's possible some of them corrected it.
Comfort is ace at manipulation either way.
14-08-2013, 02:02 PM
(14-08-2013 12:51 PM)GaëlK7 Wrote:  One thing annoying me is they've fallen into the leaded question: he asks to show a change of "kind" when there's no such thing as that in the classification.
I've not seen the entire video yet. The smugness is insufferable. I will force myself to, I suppose. Now the way it's edited, it's possible some of them corrected it.
Assuming that the bonobos and chimpanzee are different "kind" from human then there is very clear irrefutable evidence that we all have a common ancestor. We have the same mistakes in our DNA. Same gene, same place.
Why does human need vitiman C when we have a broken gene for that?
Why in ID hypothesis did the god create human with broken gene?
14-08-2013, 02:11 PM
(14-08-2013 02:02 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Why does human need vitiman C when we have a broken gene for that?

Because He works in mysterious ways and NEVER YOU MIND, that's why.

... this is my signature!
14-08-2013, 06:59 PM
(14-08-2013 02:02 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(14-08-2013 12:51 PM)GaëlK7 Wrote:  One thing annoying me is they've fallen into the leaded question: he asks to show a change of "kind" when there's no such thing as that in the classification.
Assuming that the bonobos and chimpanzee are different "kind" from human then there is very clear irrefutable evidence that we all have a common ancestor. We have the same mistakes in our DNA. Same gene, same place.
Why does human need vitiman C when we have a broken gene for that?

I doubt Ray Comfort thinks humans are the same «kind» as any animal. What I suspect is he's thinking either of the creation in the garden of Eden or the Ark.
If I got this right, this makes ostriches the same «kind» as canaries and owls regardless of the morphological differences or the impossibility of getting any hybrid from any combination of the three. They're all birds after all. BUT the science book of reference (LOL) of creationists lists in Genesis 8:6-12 that whatever other birds Noah had, he had both doves and ravens.
Now regardless of the other ridicule things, this means two birds, genetically closer than an ostrich is from a canary, are considered different «kinds».
You see why it's unfortunate the scientists don't seem to react to the term kind, especially so when the dismissal is «but these are still fish». The remark works both ways. A raven isn't a dove AND the Bible considers them different kinds (or else only one of either would make the cut) BUT they're both birds.
14-08-2013, 07:19 PM
(14-08-2013 07:21 AM)Fisty_McBeefpunch Wrote:  I've noticed from Ray, Kirk, Ken and Baby Hovind's material that it is not designed to convince scientists. Their trite strawmen, quote mines and false dichotomy is presented to the choir with the hope of strengthening their dogma. Trashing their silly documentaries only gives them an illusion of persecution, and in the glassy eyes of their followers "persecution" appears to be evidence of "truth". I say give Ray his bottle. Just say for a hypothetical moment that evolution is not correct. Then ask him to take you to his leader under the same conditions he demands of evolution. Where is the evidence? If we for one moment say evolution is false, it does not automatically default to Genesis 1:1.

This. + $$$

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ridethespiral's post
15-08-2013, 02:24 AM
(14-08-2013 06:33 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(09-08-2013 07:50 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  I cannot wait til the video where Ray tearfully admits his intellectual dishonesty.

I read this, and pictured Dawkins riding Ray with a big black strap-on. Yes, my mind is NQR. Big Grin
I expect the strapon would necessary as I doubt anyone can remain turned on long enough to violate Ray Tongue.
15-08-2013, 12:21 PM
I can across my friend’s Christian Forum and found this post in which she one of the forum members post and discusses this video. The following is cut & paste from the conversation.

I share it particularly because of the second poster. He is ripe with irony! The original is at this site.

Original poster:
“I was amazed at this 38 minute video. I am a creationist. I believe Genesis is the correct account of how the world was spoken into being by the very voice of God.

However, I have always struggled to engage evolutionists in any dialogue that allowed me to give the message of salvation. I work at a medical school with a faculty full of researchers. The vast majority of these people hold Ph.D.s. I am hardly educated in comparison. How do I speak to them? This video does just that, but in a non-argumentative way. I had to post it here so y’all can disperse this message. Please post it online so others can see. Perhaps they will realize they just need to humble themselves and submit to God and accept His free gift of salvation.

Ray interviews those who claim belief in evolution and some call themselves atheists. He ends each interview with the message of salvation.”

Second poster:
“It is difficult to convince those who hold Ph.D.’s because these are generally people who have invested everything into that belief system. Those who have that level of education usually come to faith in Christ first, and then begin to see the flaws in the “science” of evolution.

The deck has been stacked against belief in creation, in large part because to question the premises of evolution means an almost certain expulsion from the scientific community. Freedom of inquiry is not permitted. Moreover, many schools now require those who enter a doctoral program to affirm they accept evolution as true and beyond question. That allows them to sneer at anyone who challenges them, by saying, “Well, that person doesn’t even have a PhD. You shouldn’t listen to the uneducated.” It doesn’t matter if someone knows the science inside out; having that degree is the ticket in. Or if someone does happen to have a doctorate in the field, they will be dismissed as a crackpot if they ever decide there is evidence opposed to evolution. It’s a very slick game.”