Ray Comfort gets called out on his douchebaggery.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: Ray Comfort gets called out on his douchebaggery.
(15-08-2013 12:21 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I can across my friend’s Christian Forum and found this post in which she one of the forum members post and discusses this video. The following is cut & paste from the conversation.

I share it particularly because of the second poster. He is ripe with irony! The original is at this site.

Original poster:
“I was amazed at this 38 minute video. I am a creationist. I believe Genesis is the correct account of how the world was spoken into being by the very voice of God.

However, I have always struggled to engage evolutionists in any dialogue that allowed me to give the message of salvation. I work at a medical school with a faculty full of researchers. The vast majority of these people hold Ph.D.s. I am hardly educated in comparison. How do I speak to them? This video does just that, but in a non-argumentative way. I had to post it here so y’all can disperse this message. Please post it online so others can see. Perhaps they will realize they just need to humble themselves and submit to God and accept His free gift of salvation.

Ray interviews those who claim belief in evolution and some call themselves atheists. He ends each interview with the message of salvation.”

Second poster:
“It is difficult to convince those who hold Ph.D.’s because these are generally people who have invested everything into that belief system. Those who have that level of education usually come to faith in Christ first, and then begin to see the flaws in the “science” of evolution.

The deck has been stacked against belief in creation, in large part because to question the premises of evolution means an almost certain expulsion from the scientific community. Freedom of inquiry is not permitted. Moreover, many schools now require those who enter a doctoral program to affirm they accept evolution as true and beyond question. That allows them to sneer at anyone who challenges them, by saying, “Well, that person doesn’t even have a PhD. You shouldn’t listen to the uneducated.” It doesn’t matter if someone knows the science inside out; having that degree is the ticket in. Or if someone does happen to have a doctorate in the field, they will be dismissed as a crackpot if they ever decide there is evidence opposed to evolution. It’s a very slick game.”

Apparently these creationists are ignoring a basic premise of science (I know, shock-a-roonie Shocking ). And that is simply that a scientific theory is based upon all of the evidence of fact. As new evidence presents itself, it's always checked against the model, and so far... it all aligns.

It's sad that they believe that the scientific community is like some elitist group of conspirators with the goal of forcing evolution upon the ignorant masses.

I wonder how often these creatards debate the verity of other theories: relativity, quantum mechanics, heliocentrism, germ theory... I'm guessing never. They don't threaten to undermine Genesis.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2013, 10:13 PM
I wonder how long it will take for the particular scientists used in the interview pipe up about the interviews.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
15-08-2013, 10:36 PM
I just watched the whole thing.

I wish I hadn't now because it's got my blood boiling. The only word I can think of to describe it is propaganda... those interviews are so heavily edited. It doesn't matter what evidence or answers those in the film provided, clever editing could make them appear to say almost anything.

Ray Comfort has backed himself into a corner by doing this. If he refuses to release the uncut footage, everyone will see what a coward he is, and know he's hiding something... if he releases them, everyone will see what a liar and deceiver he is.

Not that any of that will change the minds of creationists... their book says otherwise, and all the evidence in the universe wouldn't be enough.

Sometimes I can't believe that I once believed in this kind of drivel, but then, I was only 8 or 9 at the time... and any material on evolution was strictly forbidden, so I didn't have much choice. I was actually brought up to believe that Darwin was evil, and set out to deceive the world.

Only a few years ago I was going round an antique book shop with my grandmother. I found a very old copy of The Origin Of Species, and leafed through it... she saw it and made some comment about it being "poison", "filth" and how it was a "source of evil". So I bought it...

Shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, tits... - George Carlin.
15-08-2013, 10:46 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2013 11:29 AM by Raptor Jesus.)
(15-08-2013 08:48 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  ...It's sad that they believe that the scientific community is like some elitist group of conspirators with the goal of forcing evolution upon the ignorant masses...

I've asked once or twice before, "What do you think scientist are doing? What purpose would they have to make up such elaborate hoaxes? (only elaborate if they don't bother to look into where the facts come from and how they are determined, which they don't) For what reason? That's a lot of one's life to devote to making things up? Why would they bother to do that for no apparent reason?" .

I've never received much of a reply at all. Mainly because I don't think they ever thought that far...they just know the scientist are lying. Then there's some vague thing that you can decipher out of what they say that implies that scientist are just trying to make up ways to disprove "God", because of some other vague reason or another that they also didn't bother to think about. Probably "Satan", most likely... "He's" always the reason when it's something bad they don't like. "Satan's" the god of the bad gaps.

[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
16-08-2013, 09:43 AM
(15-08-2013 08:48 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  I wonder how often these creatards debate the verity of other theories: relativity, quantum mechanics, heliocentrism, germ theory... I'm guessing never. They don't threaten to undermine Genesis.

Actually they totally do. But since something as simple as "species change over time" is beyond the comprehension of most creationists, it's not surprising they simply don't have any knowledge (or understanding) of the others, let alone how they contradict their absurd little fairy tale.

... this is my signature!
16-08-2013, 09:52 AM
(15-08-2013 10:46 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  "Satan's" the god of the bad gaps.

Oooh, that's quotable! Hot damn! That sounds so awesome... I wanna get a T-shirt Drooling
16-08-2013, 09:52 AM
(15-08-2013 10:46 PM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  I've asked once or twice before, "What do you think scientist are doing? What purpose would they have to make up such elaborate hoaxes? (only elaborate if they don't bother to look into where the facts come from and how they are determined, which they don't) For what reason? That's a lot of one's life to devote to making things up? Why would they bother to do that for no apparent reason?" .

Not to mention the fact that they live their lives daily using the technology afforded them by this very science they decry in order to live comfortably and conveniently.

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
16-08-2013, 11:29 AM
To be fair the first 35 seconds is pretty good.

"Don't pee on the sofa" - Penn Jillette.
16-08-2013, 01:10 PM
(15-08-2013 08:48 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  I wonder how often these creatards debate the verity of other theories: relativity, quantum mechanics, heliocentrism, germ theory... I'm guessing never. They don't threaten to undermine Genesis.
I'm sure they don't focus on scientific principles.

The ID and Creationist movements have a very cunning and coordinated approach.
They blame lack of Christianity for the ills of the world, they think atheism is evil and leads to communism. They think evolution leads to atheism because it does not hold that "man" is created in god's image, it does not hold that Adam performed original sin, evolution is an amoral autonomous purposeless process. They think teaching evolution is schools leads to the next generation of people being atheists.

So ultimately they see science as an inhibitor to an ongoing Christian morals based society. Thus they attack EVILution and science. They want to redefine science in the classroom to include theology so that they can take over via political maneuvering and influence the minds of the next gen.

Their attacks on science is not based on science, they are doing it politically and via public relations, they know most people aren't evolution literate so they confuse public understanding of it.
Their PR strategy is thus:
Evolution is a theory not a fact, it is a theory in crisis
Evolution leads to atheism which lead to a moral-less, purposeless society.
Evolution is a conspiracy by scientists and people should know the anti-evolution evidence.
Redefine science to include theology, take Christian control of science via political maneuvering.

The pro-evolution team are well behind the eight ball on this struggle. They are mostly just going about their scientific jobs and not caring to address the PR and political issues that ID is creating.
Seems to me, someone needs to make an informative youtube clip clearly expressing in easy to understand terms, the strong evidence for evolution. This needs to also address ID terminology such as "kinds"
16-08-2013, 05:57 PM
(16-08-2013 01:10 PM)Stevil Wrote:  The pro-evolution team are well behind the eight ball on this struggle. They are mostly just going about their scientific jobs and not caring to address the PR and political issues that ID is creating.
Seems to me, someone needs to make an informative youtube clip clearly expressing in easy to understand terms, the strong evidence for evolution. This needs to also address ID terminology such as "kinds"

Here's one that's fairly short and quite comprehensive.

Unfortunately, it has less than 7000 views in nearly a year. I'm sure there are many others out there of comparable, if not better, quality.

My guess is that even of one of these somehow went viral, creationists would still ignore it in order to maintain their blissful ignorance.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]