Ray Comfort to Appear on The Atheist Experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2011, 01:33 PM
RE: Ray Comfort to Appear on The Atheist Experience
LOL - did you guys catch the banana moment ? Big Grin

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Damn you, Russell.
Jeff would have been more fun.
(28-03-2011 01:33 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  LOL - did you guys catch the banana moment ? Big Grin

I catch the audio podcast on iTunes.
What did I miss?

I play CityVille, and I need you as my neighbor!
I need a job too, so that I can play CityVille less.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-03-2011, 06:23 AM
They had a banana sitting on the desk the whole time Wink

On Ray's blog, he issued an invitation to anyone else who wanted to debate him. Seth, if you're reading this..are you interested? You have a popular podcast so he would probably be interested..

"P.s. If you know of any other atheist organizations who would like an interview/debate, just let me know. They are pretty hard to find. There’s a lot of chicken-liver out there."

http://raycomfortfood.blogspot.com/2011/...ebate.html
30-03-2011, 12:59 PM
I think Seth commented something on him possibly debating someone, and if I remember right, he didn't like the idea.

Btw, isn't Seth the egyptian chaos/desert god?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
31-03-2011, 07:29 AM
(30-03-2011 12:59 PM)Kikko Wrote:  I think Seth commented something on him possibly debating someone, and if I remember right, he didn't like the idea.

Btw, isn't Seth the egyptian chaos/desert god?

I think maybe that's Set? Maybe not.

As far as other atheist shows/podcasts hosting Ray Comfort, I'd say pass. After reading his smug response to the Atheist Experience show on his blog, it's pretty obvious he only wishes to stroke his own ego and gain more publicity (and pine after his one true love, Richard Dawkins). On the other hand, it is interesting (though frustrating) to hear how a mind like his works.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
31-03-2011, 07:52 AM
At least he called into the show. He may not have really listened to any of their answers but I don't think anyone would have really expected him to.

He pretty much backpedaled the whole time but my favorite part is how he says he does not care what the age of the Earth is but continues to debate it. He says science keeps changing it so he doesn't trust their data, precision improves but try explaining that to him. Science keeps changing antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides, vaccines, etc...but he still goes to the hospital, you have to love the hypocrisy.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
31-03-2011, 07:58 AM
I stopped watching with 15 minutes still left. It was all the same shit. Ray Comfort is arrogant, ignorant, and doesn't listen to what's being said to him. He spent the whole time just waiting for his turn to talk. Waste of time.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
01-04-2011, 01:13 AM
(31-03-2011 07:29 AM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  ..............Ray Comfort, ...................On the other hand, it is interesting (though frustrating) to hear how a mind like his works.

Do you have any evidence that can verify that Ray's mind actually works? Tongue

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
01-04-2011, 08:26 AM
(01-04-2011 01:13 AM)No J. Wrote:  
(31-03-2011 07:29 AM)TheSixthGlass Wrote:  ..............Ray Comfort, ...................On the other hand, it is interesting (though frustrating) to hear how a mind like his works.

Do you have any evidence that can verify that Ray's mind actually works? Tongue

Well I mean, it obviously functions on base levels of some sort - the man hasn't died of starvation or dehydration. He also manages to form syllables into words. However, he does seem to have trouble forming those words into coherent sentences. Hmmm, I will have to think on this a bit more.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
01-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Screw Seth debating him. Get Hitchens to mop the floor with him!

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire