Re-Introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2017, 06:19 AM
RE: Re-Introduction
Just as I start posting on here in other threads... everyone already seems a lot more friendly over here!

Over at AF at the minute I feel like intentional obtuseness is used as a way to be defensive a lot. It feels a bit like walking on eggshells. Ick.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2017, 06:30 AM
(31-03-2017 06:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 05:46 AM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  it seems much more balanced over here.

It's 'cos Moms won't let us get away with shit Tongue
I agree that the modding here seems.....fairer, more consistent. For example Evie, EP only lasted a couple of weeks here, he was on AF for years afaik. I know there are slightly different rules on both, maybe I just prefer the ones here.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ukatheist's post
31-03-2017, 06:48 AM
(31-03-2017 06:30 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 06:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  It's 'cos Moms won't let us get away with shit Tongue

... the modding here seems.....fairer, more consistent.
I know there are slightly different rules on both, maybe I just prefer the ones here.

It's never been about the rules (apart from that time when, as Girly puts it, there was a shift towards killing Piggy) it's more about how the balance is maintained between chaos and order.

It's a Tao thing.

Wink

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
31-03-2017, 06:51 AM
(31-03-2017 06:30 AM)ukatheist Wrote:  
(31-03-2017 06:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  It's 'cos Moms won't let us get away with shit Tongue
I agree that the modding here seems.....fairer, more consistent. For example Evie, EP only lasted a couple of weeks here, he was on AF for years afaik. I know there are slightly different rules on both, maybe I just prefer the ones here.

Modding is a fine line to walk. On one hand there is free speech, without that there is not really any point in having a free thinking forum. On the other hand, there are those who seem to post for the purpose of being disruptive only.

I like the way Seth put it:
Quote:TTA’s forum is a place of discussion, yes, and free discussion at that. However, is it NOT required to pander to everyone and everything that comes along, and ultimately, it exists to provide conversation, support, encouragement, information and community to the atheist, the agnostic, the freethinker.

Mom swings the ban hammer, and she does it very fairly. Since she became admin, TTA has thrived.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
31-03-2017, 06:59 AM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
31-03-2017, 07:02 AM
Thank you. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes EvieTheTurtle's post
31-03-2017, 07:02 AM
(31-03-2017 05:06 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello! Big Grin
Hey....get back to work Big Grin
31-03-2017, 07:04 AM
Lol UKAtheist... I think I missed the joke there lol.
31-03-2017, 07:06 AM
(31-03-2017 07:04 AM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  Lol UKAtheist... I think I missed the joke there lol.
He's nearly always at work (check out a few of his posts).
31-03-2017, 07:13 AM
(31-03-2017 07:04 AM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  Lol UKAtheist... I think I missed the joke there lol.

Don't worry, you will.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post