Re-Introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2017, 11:08 AM
RE: Re-Introduction
I dunno how else to describe it.

I mean those regressive left that aren't actually left. The people who think silencing people and safe spaces is more liberal when it's actually less liberal.

It's those people who call liberals "cucks" that piss me off the most.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvieTheTurtle's post
31-03-2017, 11:26 AM
I visited AF, uggh, didn't like it at all its cold distant unfriendly looking with no apparent sense of humour or irony, needless to say I did not join. Welcome back, I'm a Brit too, just one question why Evie the turtle its kinda an odd username for a bloke ?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
31-03-2017, 11:37 AM
Hi adey Smile

AF wasn't always like that.

Losty once called me 'best turtle' in a poll over at AF... and it quickly became a thing and I've mostly been a turtle since then. Mostly.

That was October 2015 though... ages ago now.

I never really changed the turtle thing here... and I don't see a problem in keeping it. Most people who know me from both AF and TTA seem to see me as a turtle.

Evie was something Violet and fr0d0 from AF used to call me and it just stuck with the whole forum.

I'm not friends with Violet or fr0d0 anymore but like the turtle thing... being called Evie has kind of moved beyond that.

Some know me as Hammy from being Alasdair Ham at AF after I was Evie... but I guess I don't see the point in changing this username to Hammy if most people still know me as Evie and a turtle.

I dunno we all have different reasons for our usernames, lol.

Why does your username end in 67? Big Grin

And yeah I feel like AF went from cliquey and fun and funny to distant and cold. I don't think the cliqueness was ever a good thing for anyone outside the clique but I didn't even really realize it was cliquey until the cliqueness went away. Probably because I was part of one of the cliques. Small groups of friends kind of stickd together so anyone outside perhaps felt alone.

Now I feel like it's all divided over there and no one is close at all.

This is just my own assessment it could all be BS and in my head lol. But for whatever reason AF doesn't feel the same to me anymore, nor does it feel as friendly. Definitely feels all divided and formal and serious and political to me over there now.

Here feels fun and friendly and welcoming already! Big Grin
31-03-2017, 11:47 AM
Hey sure we are pretty easy going here, and glad to have you back mate, 67, well can't you guess???? Its the year of my birth of course Big Grin, I'm an old bastard, should be put out to pasture really, lol.
Great to have another Brit here, we are growing in numbers recently. Smile
31-03-2017, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I never clicked cliqued at AF. I didn't make an account, but I browsed over there a few times. I just never felt there was an "in" for me to join a conversation. It felt like trying to insinuate myself into a group where everyone is already friends and not looking to welcome a new voice.

Welcome back to TTA. I hope you'll be able to find interesting forum discussions and new potential friends to talk to and get to know better.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
31-03-2017, 12:00 PM
(31-03-2017 11:48 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Yeah, I never clicked cliqued at AF. I didn't make an account, but I browsed over there a few times. I just never felt there was an "in" for me to join a conversation. It felt like trying to insinuate myself into a group where everyone is already friends and not looking to welcome a new voice.

I don't know. It felt better, as Evie said.

I got nothing against serious and political, but that's not really what changed. I can't really lay my finger on it, but it seemed like so much nitpicking as of late. And I also got pretty tired of extreme rightwingers. There are some on here too, but it's nothing like over there, not that extreme, no such numbers.

When I realized that I could only answer in anger to many things being said, I went there less and less. Best example would be the level headed way the London attack was discussed here and what it quickly turned into on AF.
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
31-03-2017, 12:16 PM
Welcome to TTA. Definitely a different a vibe at each site.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-03-2017, 01:06 PM
There are some true dickhead theists over there, that's for sure (and of course, some nice ones). I don't engage with them, though.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
31-03-2017, 01:08 PM
G'day mate, and welcome. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
31-03-2017, 01:19 PM
(31-03-2017 01:06 PM)Fireball Wrote:  There are some true dickhead theists over there, that's for sure (and of course, some nice ones). I don't engage with them, though.

I always kept saying it got nothing to do with theist or atheist. There's a number of theists I respect on AF and a larger number of atheists I can't muster any respect for. In fact there's only one or two theists that make my blood boil in a similar fashion. And being me, I never made any secret over my feelings. I got more than 13.000 posts to my alias on AF, but over the last couple of months I may just have added a dozen, if that. Like Evie said in his departure note over there, I felt as if I got angrier and angrier and that didn't seem like a fun or engaging way to pass one's time. For all parties involved obviously.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post