11-11-2010, 05:28 AM

Re: 'Islam is the fastest growing religion'
This post was taken from our
'Quran Miracles Debunked' Facebook Community page and Discussions board
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Quran-Mira...7882645130

and our 'Quran Miracles Debunked' Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheIslammiracle

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A common statement made by muslims is '"Islam is the fastest growing religion" as if to validate the authenticity of Islam.

What Muslims don't realize though is that this is what we call an 'appeal to popularity' , a form of logical fallacy which (unknown to the muslims who state it) is an invalid argument which lacks the basic understandings of what a fallacious argument is.

The reality is this:-
The number of people who follow something gives no validation to the claim they accept, just as half the world once believed the Earth was flat and if 100% of the worlds population suddenly rejected the existence of the planet Mars, Mars would continue to exist regardless, a fact or a lie remains one regardless of its acceptance in society.

To drive this point further, we can even use this form of nonsensical argument as a response to show just how invalid it is:-
-Most people don't believe Islam is true, therefor Islam is false?
-More people convert out of religion, therefor religion is false?
-There was once a time where Christianity was the fastest growing religion and still remains the most popular therefor Christianity is correct?

In conclusion, An appeal to popularity is invalid as any form of argument.

(WHY people convert to Islam will be answered in a later post)
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2010, 07:45 AM

RE: Re: 'Islam is the fastest growing religion'
If you could maybe make one thread with links to all these things, or just have on thread with all these posts, that would be great. It is interesting stuff but I think making 5 threads in this section and 3 in another is bordering on spam.
11-11-2010, 08:13 AM
I'm merging his threads. TIM, we've got no issue with you talking about this stuff, but since it's all really one topic, let's try not to flood the board, mmkay?

EDIT: Hm, the forum lacks a "merge threads" tool. That is unfortunate. Anyway, TIM, if you want to continue talking about this stuff, try to keep it in a single thread.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2010, 08:29 AM

RE: 'Islam is the fastest growing religion'
(11-11-2010 08:13 AM)Unbeliever Wrote:  I'm merging his threads. TIM, we've got no issue with you talking about this stuff, but since it's all really one topic, let's try not to flood the board, mmkay?

EDIT: Hm, the forum lacks a "merge threads" tool. That is unfortunate. Anyway, TIM, if you want to continue talking about this stuff, try to keep it in a single thread.

For future reference I will, however I kept them separate due to their topics
(Evolution, statistics, logic, critical analysis, Islam, anti-Evolution etc etc)
11-11-2010, 08:48 AM
Also it would be nice to hear YOUR thoughts on one of these topics. Everything you've posted so far is cross posted from YouTube or Facebook. I was moments from deleting your account since you seemed like a bot. Read some of the already existing topics, and tell us what you think.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
11-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Wouldn't this be to do with the apostate killing...

Coz like, people are always leaving other religions. Islam, not so much. Plus Islamic wives are property used to make as much children as possible from as young as possible.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
11-11-2010, 09:13 AM

RE: 'Islam is the fastest growing religion'
(11-11-2010 08:48 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Also it would be nice to hear YOUR thoughts on one of these topics. Everything you've posted so far is cross posted from YouTube or Facebook. I was moments from deleting your account since you seemed like a bot. Read some of the already existing topics, and tell us what you think.

These ARE my thoughts, I wrote all of them.
11-11-2010, 09:25 AM
Oh good. I did like reading them. I didn't intend to imply they weren't welcome either, but was suggesting that your input into discussions that are going on would be valued.

So many cats, so few good recipes.