Re Watchable Films

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Re Watchable Films
Hello fellow forum members.

I was thinking about movies because I love movies, and I started thinking about what movies I can watch and re watch into infinity. There are those movies that just never get old. The ones that if you catch on tv, you watch... all the way through. I'm not talking about holiday traditions because those are to regular movies what supernatural is to natural. They do not follow the same rules.

So here are some of my most re watchable movies of all time. In no particular order. Feel free to disagree or agree or add your own.

Step Brothers- Hilarious. Especially the first half. (disappointed that a certain scene that was in the trailer never made it into the final cut.. or the dvd extras)

Dead Alive- Classic gore fest with some not so subtle humor. Think Army Of Darkness (awesome) meets Re-Animator (also awesome) by Peter Jackson.

Groundhog Day- I love Bill Murray... no kidding, anything he's in I instantly like. But this is my favorite movie he is in. Mainly because of the dark underside no one talks about. He only mentions it once. How many times he's killed himself.

Die Hard- I don't count this or Groundhog Day as holiday classics only as I can watch them at any time of the year, any time of the day. The holiday aspect becomes a side note to the pure joy of watching. Yippee Kiyay mother fucker.

Psycho/Rear Window- I put these two together because they are both by the same director. The late great Alfred Hitchcock. Psycho for great story telling and Rear Window for amazing cinematography. I can watch them again and again.

Stand By Me- I don't know why. I really don't. It has glaring plot holes, that I might add aren't in the original short story. It has some bad acting. It has Keefer Sutherland. But I love this movie, it has something that makes me watch it every time it's on TV.

The Big Lebowski- Oddly enough I hated this movie the first time I saw it. Now I can't get enough of The Dude. The Dude abides.

Superbad- I know, worse than Step Brothers for low bow humor right? So? I can watch it again and again because the duo is dynamic.

There are more but they allude me at the moment. I will be back. And you WILL be sorry.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2011, 08:11 PM
RE: Re Watchable Films
Kick Ass - Best film ever made, ever!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
29-10-2011, 04:19 AM
FIGHT CLUB, PULP FICTION.

I have seen Fight club at least 30 times, when you see it first time, you have and need to see it again, right away. Pulp Fiction is a kind of movie where you need to see it couple of times to get all the pieces together.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
29-10-2011, 08:24 PM
I got a coupla those:

A Perfect Murder (what, you don't know me by now? Big Grin)
The Chronicles of Riddick
Blade
Blade Runner
Dune

But the way I figure it, this kinda thing - it is individuals who decide what is quality and what is not. Cinematographic excellence is a worthy goal - accidentally producing a piece of fluff that somebody enjoys forever is pure dumb luck - and both occur. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
29-10-2011, 09:09 PM
I agree with fight club and blade runner for sure. I can sit through either of those any old time. I would add pitch black to the list (within the chronicles of riddick vain only not awful Wink ) also I have to wonder on the sanity of any individual who could sit through dune more than once. Crazy I tell you.
Then again I can sit through some really strange movies with a sort of deranged look upon my face. Anyone ever watch the adventures of mark twain or cat soup? Nightmare inducing along the lines of naked lunch only on crack.
Another movie I can watch over and over is the original night of the living dead. (I have a soft spot for horror though, especially classic horror)

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
29-10-2011, 09:29 PM
(29-10-2011 09:09 PM)lucradis Wrote:  ... also I have to wonder on the sanity of any individual who could sit through dune more than once. Crazy I tell you.
...and I gots the paperwork to prove it. Tongue

Dune was a fucking disaster - but for me, it was the right thing at the right time; got me to read the series, and put God Emperor of Dune into the listing of great stuff to read.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Just about time for the annual screening of Nightmare Before Christmas

Old faves:
Clue
As Good As It Gets
Men In Black
Murder By Death
Wag the Dog
Bulworth

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
30-10-2011, 10:06 AM
Casablanca
All About Eve
Annie Hall
Crimes and Misdemeanors
Airplane!
Starman
Life of Brian

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
30-10-2011, 03:32 PM
I have to agree with Airplane, Starman and Brian.

Which reminds me of

The Holy Grail
Stardust
Brief Encounter (1945, not the crappy remake)
The Lion in Winter
and Orlando

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
30-10-2011, 11:17 PM
The original Brief Encounter? Absolutely!

But do you know Crimes and Misdemeanors, Peterkin? Don't know if you're a Woody fan . . . but if you are, it's not to be missed. Very dark. I remember when I first saw it in a theater--when the lights came up I just sat there stunned, unable to move. It's a film that, as they used to say, "tells it like it is."

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.