Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2011, 03:50 PM
RE: Re Watchable Films
Here's mine:
Gladiator
13th Warrior
Det Sjunde Inseglet
The Prestige (another one of those that you want to watch again as soon as it's over)
Fight Club
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (the Swedish one)
Let the Right One In (also the Swedish one)
Children of Men
The Matrix
Braveheart
The LOTR Movies
The first X-Men movie

Then for comedies I could watch these a million times and never not laugh my ass off:
Monty Python & The Holy Grail
Super Troopers
Grandma's Boy
Tropic Thunder
Next Friday

And then my one chick flick that I toss on when I'm having a crappy day, A Good Year. Because it's sweet and charming and takes place in Provence, and I have a huge and everlasting crush on Russell Crowe. Big Grin

"Jag vill ha vetskap. Inte tro, inte antaganden, utan vetskap." - Antonius Block
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2011, 06:51 PM
A lot of those could go on my list too, though I'm starting to realize as more people post that my love for movies might give me a ridiculous capacity for movies I can watch over and over again.
13th warrior I like quite a bit for some reason but I like the book eaters of the dead even more. Same with children of men. Chick flicks usually suck so bad they are unwatchable but I've never seen the one you mentioned so being a trooper I'll probably give it a shot.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
09-11-2011, 07:41 PM
(09-11-2011 06:51 PM)lucradis Wrote:  13th warrior I like quite a bit for some reason but I like the book eaters of the dead even more. Same with children of men.
Never read either of these books, I'll have to put them on my list. 13th Warrior is my ultimate all time fav... I love Vikings like crazy and it's the ONLY good movie about Vikings. Big Grin

(09-11-2011 06:51 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Chick flicks usually suck so bad they are unwatchable but I've never seen the one you mentioned so being a trooper I'll probably give it a shot.
Haha, well no one is forcing you to watch it. Wink

"Jag vill ha vetskap. Inte tro, inte antaganden, utan vetskap." - Antonius Block
[+] 1 user Likes kvanderwyk's post
10-11-2011, 05:07 PM
(09-11-2011 06:51 PM)lucradis Wrote:  A lot of those could go on my list too, though I'm starting to realize as more people post that my love for movies might give me a ridiculous capacity for movies I can watch over and over again.
13th warrior I like quite a bit for some reason but I like the book eaters of the dead even more. Same with children of men. Chick flicks usually suck so bad they are unwatchable but I've never seen the one you mentioned so being a trooper I'll probably give it a shot.

Chick flicks sometime have Gwynnies... that's my "broke-in-the-head" movie experience - that dang Gwyneth Paltrow devoured my immortal soul and now I am her soulless minion. Big Grin

I'm more of a reader (and writer as of late - although the Xbox has been getting some airtime) whereas I'll scrounge up something to read rather than watch a movie. I'm not, however, the "literary-snob" type - education comes from more places than merely books. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
15-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Mine:

Lucky Number Sleven
V for Veneta
The Departed
Smoking Aces
Fight Club
Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
16-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Just watched Quiz Show again. Beautiful film. Not a wasted moment, and every performance is first rate. Raises important questions about ethics and class in the U.S. Redford did a fantastic job.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
21-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Melancholia

Brilliant arty end of the world movie with an amaing cast (plus you get to see kirsten dunst naked)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
21-11-2011, 02:31 PM
(21-11-2011 02:24 PM)bemore Wrote:  Melancholia

This one is definitely on my list... I'm kind of obsessed with SkarsgÄrd. Big Grin Heart

[+] 1 user Likes kvanderwyk's post
30-11-2011, 09:33 PM

Just found this on youtube. Gotta love teh netz.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
30-11-2011, 10:05 PM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2011 10:10 PM by Erxomai.)
(30-11-2011 09:33 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Just found this on youtube. Gotta love teh netz.

Where's that gungy when I need it?

(31-10-2011 07:55 AM)Peterkin Wrote:   Jesus Christ Superstar

What was that you said? I'm not sure I could hear you.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel