Reaching a social brick wall

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Reaching a social brick wall
am having a difficult time and generally don't vent about such things. But I figured I would see if other like minded people could perhaps shed light on suggestions and ideas.

I have found myself lately ridiculously depressed. I am usually never depressed, nor a depressing person. I am usually very social and outgoing, happy and pretty spunky. As of lately though, I find myself wanting to talk about things like atheism and religion and politics. Usually it isn't a subject matter I talk about. My wife shares my views, but she isn't quite as interested to talk about it as I am, so now and then we'll chat about it. But socially I seem to have this insatiable need to just talk with other people of similar ideas and views.

I also find myself lacking motivation for things. I have been working on starting my own business and hitting walls I didn't think I would hit. It's frustrating, infuriating. I have not been the type to ever settle, ever. I am ALWAYS after something, always reaching, always wanting more and consantly striving to reach my goals. But lately it's like I have ran into and smacked face first into this wall. I find little motivation for the last 2-3 weeks, extremely tired, run down, burned out, I just feel like total shit.

Part me thinks: "Well maybe I should talk to someone about it." and the other part of me says, "Nah you can get through it, you just gotta figure out what's up."

I generally love my work and the people I work with and for the past weeks I've found myself angry, frustrated, upset at people, strangely distanced from people and glass half empty sort of attitude. It's odd. I am not sure what to do about it.

Anyone ever just suddenly felt recluse?

How I feel today:

[Image: desk%20flip.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2012, 10:03 PM
RE: Reaching a social brick wall
You know, this sounds exactly like me ever since I turned around 17.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
07-06-2012, 10:08 PM
I posted in the thread antisocial negative outlook, but I will say that space (alone) can equal perspective, and it sounds like you need perspective on your life and whatever is happening in it right now.

Good luck! I've been there Sad
07-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Eh same here. The last 3 days I have not been myself. I am usually pretty optimistic and cheery, but now I am angry and slightly depressed for no reason.

Under Repair.
07-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Me 3.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
08-06-2012, 12:41 AM
(07-06-2012 09:35 PM)Logisch Wrote:  am having a difficult time and generally don't vent about such things. But I figured I would see if other like minded people could perhaps shed light on suggestions and ideas.

I have found myself lately ridiculously depressed. I am usually never depressed, nor a depressing person. I am usually very social and outgoing, happy and pretty spunky. As of lately though, I find myself wanting to talk about things like atheism and religion and politics. Usually it isn't a subject matter I talk about. My wife shares my views, but she isn't quite as interested to talk about it as I am, so now and then we'll chat about it. But socially I seem to have this insatiable need to just talk with other people of similar ideas and views.

I also find myself lacking motivation for things. I have been working on starting my own business and hitting walls I didn't think I would hit. It's frustrating, infuriating. I have not been the type to ever settle, ever. I am ALWAYS after something, always reaching, always wanting more and consantly striving to reach my goals. But lately it's like I have ran into and smacked face first into this wall. I find little motivation for the last 2-3 weeks, extremely tired, run down, burned out, I just feel like total shit.

Part me thinks: "Well maybe I should talk to someone about it." and the other part of me says, "Nah you can get through it, you just gotta figure out what's up."

I generally love my work and the people I work with and for the past weeks I've found myself angry, frustrated, upset at people, strangely distanced from people and glass half empty sort of attitude. It's odd. I am not sure what to do about it.

Anyone ever just suddenly felt recluse?

How I feel today:

[Image: desk%20flip.png]

Depressions can just clear up of their own volition. Some are more stubborn. If things get too bad I suggest you try an anti depressant for a while and maybe cognitive therapy could help..........Good luck Smile
12-06-2012, 12:45 AM
While I am still somewhat in that weird state of "bleh" - I managed to find a good bit of motivation this weekend to work on my trackday project along with launching a website I have been wanting to for a very long time. I regularly deal with anxiety issues which are generally unfounded and nothing more than worrying for nothing. But even though I feel sorta "bleh" I also feel accomplished and good about things overall.

Thanks for the chat and responses everyone. I sometimes forget how nice it is to come on here and talk to other like minded people. I have few of them in my life aside from my wife and a handful of people.
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
12-06-2012, 01:00 AM
Yep, it's called getting older... Dodgy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
12-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Lol! I will concede to that point.
12-06-2012, 01:15 AM
Get plenty of sunlight. And sex. Take two aspirin and call me in the morning. That'll be $19.959995. We take Visa. Tongue

Man. Ambition. What's that? That used to happen when I found new Gwynnies to draw. Now I've drawn too many Gwynnies. I get silly. I mean, -er.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post