Reaching a social brick wall

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2012, 09:42 AM
RE: Reaching a social brick wall
Ambition? Can you use it in a sentence?

Seriously I'm in the same funk. I need something to get excited about.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2012, 09:50 AM
(07-06-2012 09:35 PM)Logisch Wrote:  am having a difficult time and generally don't vent about such things. But I figured I would see if other like minded people could perhaps shed light on suggestions and ideas.

I have found myself lately ridiculously depressed. I am usually never depressed, nor a depressing person. I am usually very social and outgoing, happy and pretty spunky. As of lately though, I find myself wanting to talk about things like atheism and religion and politics. Usually it isn't a subject matter I talk about. My wife shares my views, but she isn't quite as interested to talk about it as I am, so now and then we'll chat about it. But socially I seem to have this insatiable need to just talk with other people of similar ideas and views.

I also find myself lacking motivation for things. I have been working on starting my own business and hitting walls I didn't think I would hit. It's frustrating, infuriating. I have not been the type to ever settle, ever. I am ALWAYS after something, always reaching, always wanting more and consantly striving to reach my goals. But lately it's like I have ran into and smacked face first into this wall. I find little motivation for the last 2-3 weeks, extremely tired, run down, burned out, I just feel like total shit.

Part me thinks: "Well maybe I should talk to someone about it." and the other part of me says, "Nah you can get through it, you just gotta figure out what's up."

I generally love my work and the people I work with and for the past weeks I've found myself angry, frustrated, upset at people, strangely distanced from people and glass half empty sort of attitude. It's odd. I am not sure what to do about it.

Anyone ever just suddenly felt recluse?

How I feel today:

[Image: desk%20flip.png]
I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but that sounds like clinical depression. Let's just say that it's the voice of experience.

... usually never ... ??? Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
12-06-2012, 10:51 AM
(07-06-2012 09:35 PM)Logisch Wrote:  "I have found myself lately ridiculously depressed"........"As of lately though, I find myself wanting to talk about things like atheism and religion and politics"......."Usually it isn't a subject matter I talk about"........."But socially I seem to have this insatiable need to just talk with other people of similar ideas and views".........."I also find myself lacking motivation for things"

Well, welcome to the club, nice of you to join us. I assume at this point you have already taken the 'red pill'?

The Paradox Of Fools And Wise Men:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.” ― Bertrand Russell
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like TrulyX's post
12-06-2012, 11:04 AM
I go in and out of this state of being as well. The last few months have been mentally and physically tiring as I try to juggle a new kid with writing my thesis. Some days all I can do is stare at my thesis and hope something comes up in my mind...I have wasted weeks doing this. Some days I get on a kick and just run with it and bang out several pages, but the motivation comes and goes. Sometimes it helps to have had a little bit of exercise, some sunshine, and maybe a little classical music to settle my mind down.

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
12-06-2012, 11:05 AM
If you are going to be an entrepreneur, running into brick walls and being frustrated as heck comes with the territory.

So does losing your ass. There is not a single entrepreneur who made it big who didn't lose his/her ass once or several times on the way.

You need enthusiasm and devotion to start your own biz, and because you have more invested in it, both as a person and financially, set backs can hit you hard.

I have been an entrepreneur since I was a kid and charged other kids for doing their homework. Never worked for anyone but myself and likely couldn't even hold a job, lol. Lost my ass twice.

But here I am, still at it. It takes "stick-toitiveness" to make it, and I think you've hit a cross road where you need to decide if this is for you, if you want to tear the wall down, or if you want to try another venue.

My bet it's what's bothering you. I've been there, repeatedly. Take the part that makes you feel worst about the brick wall you hit and attack it, that's what I would do. As you approach a solution, your spirits will rise.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
12-06-2012, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 11:32 AM by kim.)
Don't you realize, if there were actual answers, God would give them to you. Angel Pray on it, you'll see.

Unsure
(12-06-2012 01:15 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Get plenty of sunlight. And sex. Take two aspirin and call me in the morning. That'll be $19.959995. We take Visa. Tongue

Yea, what he said... 'cep, I want Necco Wafers. Undecided

Jeees Logisch, you are too ambitious for your own good.
Shit, I could barely make it through that first post without wanting to paint, reorganize some CDs, cut out a skirt pattern, install a server, saw up some rustic barn wood to frame up some photos, re-record a composition with new software, fire up the foundry kiln & strike bronze piece, mow the lawn, consolidate a few investments, go for a run, reconfigure the hard drive on an old computer, build and install a porch rail, search for a particular canto of Don Juan, start a pirate radio station... but then, I couldn't decide which to do first.
So now, I think I just want to take a nap. Sad
+++++

Something's ... something's missing... not quite right ... something on the tip of the tongue... tip of the brain ... something's there ... out of reach... it must be a need... there is need... a craving... what the hell is it? It's big, but it's so much nothing. A big nothing... a God sized nothing.

insert stressed face because there is no smiley for this thing

There isn't an answer... yet... Ride it out until some things are out of the way and when you get to a moment of clarity, examine where you've been and where you are. There are things you need to express - do that - keeping things inside can be a distraction that keeps you from doing the shit you want to do.

It's possible you are beginning to process things in a different way than you used to before ... when you were ALWAYS after something, always reaching, always wanting more and consantly striving to reach my goals. Maybe things will be different now and you will need to make adjustments for that in your head.
+++++

Like I said, there isn't an answer ... so, you'll probably have to make one up ... if you think that will accomplish ... something. Personally, I'm too lazy for such an undertaking. Whatever ideas you come up with, be sure to bring it here where we can all discuss and have a chuckle... because I can assure you; you are not not not alone. Blush Laughat

Now, what's this about a new website?
Come on; dish.

I have no life. I'm cool with that. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
12-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Dammit kim, are you sure you're not me?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
12-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Necco Wafers?
Really?
Someone still likes those? No

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
12-06-2012, 12:39 PM
(12-06-2012 12:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Necco Wafers?
Really?
Kidz. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
12-06-2012, 01:10 PM
(12-06-2012 12:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Necco Wafers?
Really?
Angry Eat the Necco Wafers!

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein