Reacting Calmly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2017, 01:53 AM
RE: Reacting Calmly
The irony that you of all people started this thread is almost poetic.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2017, 02:41 AM
If I exclude mental illness, i am almost always calm. Sure I have things that shake me a bit, like everybody but over all I am a very relaxed person.

But what I can mention is, that in real life I am good at moving from fight/argument/emotional discussion to stone cold within a split seconds and that's dangerous. If I get to that point, you better listen very well to whatever I say because I will say it only once and the consequence is on the person I am talking to.
Not trying to sound like a psychopath. I am giving a lot of signs when something is going too far, when a line has been crossed etc. So if people ignore those signs, I stop being vocal. I just give them a taste of their own medicine.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
14-07-2017, 02:50 AM
I always try to use reason and logic before reacting to anything.

I've been called out to fight people, (drunks/bullys), over the years and I've just said "nope, no thanks" and walked off each time, it just leaves them stood there, angry at themselves. As a result, I've never had a fight in my life, as I don't fancy getting beaten up lol. Same logic with stuff like "give me such and such or else I'll punch you!" - well if you punch me, that will just make me dislike you more and I won't give anything to you. My reasoning, if you're going to beat me up, do a damn good job of it, as I'll remember your face, and you'll be going to jail, and I can heal up.

Arguments are the same, I try and talk, it ends up escalating anyway as the other person, cough*my wife*cough, just resorts to being petty and that does piss me off....if anything because it's just wasting my time and we're not solving anything.

Yeah, I'm calm most of the time generally. Only ever raised my voice once I think. I called one guy to fight once, (It's a long story, but the guy was being a dick head and I called him out on it) and he shit his pants, so that was one I didn't get into haha. Other than that, I'm a good boy Smile

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
14-07-2017, 06:20 AM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2017 06:25 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
(14-07-2017 01:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The irony that you of all people started this thread is almost poetic.

I recently said I'm no longer going to attack you and I also said I want to focus on bettering myself. There's no "irony" there. That's just someone admitting they made a bad decision. Why do you want to continue to start things? Would you rather I react uncalmly to your statement? I don't understand the overall goal of what you're trying to achieve with this.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
14-07-2017, 07:12 AM
I try and react calmly in all situations. I really find that yoga helps me "not sweat the small stuff" and helps me better deal with the big stuff. I think acting calmly in handling things is always better--not just for the other person, but for your own mental well-being.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
14-07-2017, 07:15 AM
(14-07-2017 06:20 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 01:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  The irony that you of all people started this thread is almost poetic.

I recently said I'm no longer going to attack you and I also said I want to focus on bettering myself. There's no "irony" there. That's just someone admitting they made a bad decision. Why do you want to continue to start things? Would you rather I react uncalmly to your statement? I don't understand the overall goal of what you're trying to achieve with this.

Less than a week ago you carried on a very well and truly dead topic with the sole purpose of attacking me, after continuingly reviving said topic in the past for the purpose of attacking me, and now you wanna try and say "why do you want to start things?", so you'll forgive me if I laugh at the irony of not just this thread but particularly this post of yours. The visual display of hypocrisy you're demonstrating right now could blind the sun.

If you truly wanted to "calmly resolve the situation" you could start by taking some responsibility for your actions and apologizing for being a fuckwad instead of reviving dead topics to attack me. Or you know, you cannot and you can play out this.. whatever this is.. sympathy victim thing you're trying illicit.

[Image: oscar.png]
14-07-2017, 07:26 AM
(14-07-2017 07:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 06:20 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I recently said I'm no longer going to attack you and I also said I want to focus on bettering myself. There's no "irony" there. That's just someone admitting they made a bad decision. Why do you want to continue to start things? Would you rather I react uncalmly to your statement? I don't understand the overall goal of what you're trying to achieve with this.

Less than a week ago you carried on a very well and truly dead topic with the sole purpose of attacking me, after continuingly reviving said topic in the past for the purpose of attacking me, and now you wanna try and say "why do you want to start things?", so you'll forgive me if I laugh at the irony of not just this thread but particularly this post of yours. The visual display of hypocrisy you're demonstrating right now could blind the sun.

If you truly wanted to "calmly resolve the situation" you could start by taking some responsibility for your actions and apologizing for being a fuckwad instead of reviving dead topics to attack me. Or you know, you cannot and you can play out this.. whatever this is.. sympathy victim thing you're trying illicit.

You liked a post where one of the mods said to be more like Atticus Finch. As far as I'm concerned that means you agreed with the post.

14-07-2017, 07:56 AM
[Image: 1shsc6.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
14-07-2017, 08:15 AM
(14-07-2017 07:26 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 07:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Less than a week ago you carried on a very well and truly dead topic with the sole purpose of attacking me, after continuingly reviving said topic in the past for the purpose of attacking me, and now you wanna try and say "why do you want to start things?", so you'll forgive me if I laugh at the irony of not just this thread but particularly this post of yours. The visual display of hypocrisy you're demonstrating right now could blind the sun.

You liked a post where one of the mods said to be more like Atticus Finch. As far as I'm concerned that means you agreed with the post.

IIRC that was a post by DLJ, I like a lot of DLJ's posts.
That doesn't mean I "agree" with or am going to take his advice. It's also no reason for you to necro a long dead topic of debate for the purpose of attacking me. Sure, you're in your right to do so, but then less than a week later if you're gonna post about resolving things with a leveled head, don't act so surprised when I find that ironic and hypocritical.

That whole thing was settled "calmly" by Emma and I agreeing to disagree and I think I'm safe to say we've let bygones be bygones. Meanwhile, while the adults, Emma and I, were talking, you were constantly running your mouth and necroing the topic, even though everyone was ready to let it die, for the purpose of attacking me.

I think the notion that you want to be a better person is ridiculous. I think you're trying to make excuses for your actions and hide behind shit when if you really wanted to make a genuine change you'd own up to be a fucking twat and apologize. Because acknowledging you have a problem, and apologizing to those you have wronged is the first step. Now, would you like to stand up and introduce yourself to the group?
14-07-2017, 09:12 AM
(14-07-2017 08:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 07:26 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  You liked a post where one of the mods said to be more like Atticus Finch. As far as I'm concerned that means you agreed with the post.

IIRC that was a post by DLJ, I like a lot of DLJ's posts.
That doesn't mean I "agree" with or am going to take his advice.

I advise you never to take my advice.

Consider

And nope, that wasn't my post.

I was dragged into an Atticus & Finch shop in Singapore a few years back so a gf could buy me some new clothes.

I was so faux-trendy it made my skin crawl.

Confused

Angel