Reacting Calmly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2017, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2017 02:40 PM by dancefortwo.)
RE: Reacting Calmly
(14-07-2017 12:20 AM)JesseB Wrote:  Well there was this one time going down the grapevine (it's a big hill just outside of LA) I was driving and this jerk wouldn't let me over, kept speeding up to stay right on my back tire so I floored it, he floored it and I was kinda like boxed in by Semi Trucks on all sides and he was coming up on the ass end of a pickup going way slower than us. I saw an opening between 2 trucks about 3/4 of a car length long and thought whelp duh, dove right in. Long story short I was able to make my lane change in the end. >.> I think my ex wife mighta tore the leather off the seat she was gripping it so hard ..... (cough)

I had an accident coming down the Grapevine. It was no fun. I was between two semi trucks (gawd, there's a lot of trucks on the Grapevine) it was night time and suddenly I saw ahead of me an L shaped object in my lane but I was boxed in between the two trucks and a car behind me. I was going about 60 MPH but I slowed down to 50 and decided to hit whatever it was dead center with my car. It turned out to be a large L shaped piece of steel or metal or something that ripped my car down the middle and came out the back end of my car twirling and sparking and in flamed

I limped over to the side of the road and amazingly my car was still kinda going and I nursed it up the hill 500 yards or so to a turnout place that was sort of a water stop for trucks and cars if they overheat. (You probably know where this is.) I was coming from Bakersfield to LA for a banquet and dressed up in heeled shoes and a dress so I looked completely out of place. Anyway, it's the only time in my life that I hitchhiked. I was pretty calm though. I knocked on the door of a parked truck and asked if he could take me to Valencia to the nearest gas station. He said, sure.

My boyfriend picked me up at the gas station. I could have killed myself hitting that thing in the road but I didn't realize it until later when I saw what it did to my car. It was totaled. That's when I panicked.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
14-07-2017, 02:49 PM
It's weird but when the sky is falling and everyone is in a panic, I'm the calmest. But if I can't find my phone, I lose it. Blush Might need some kind of therapy to figure this one out.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 5 users Like Deidre32's post
14-07-2017, 09:54 PM
(14-07-2017 02:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  This forum daily.

My bad. Wink

14-07-2017, 10:47 PM
(14-07-2017 12:15 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 08:15 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think the notion that you want to be a better person is ridiculous.

I think the norion that you actually care about anything regarding this is ridiculous, considering you said you didn't care, and also you say words like "sand nigger" just in an attempt to offend people. You're nothing more than a provocateur.

Again, pot kettle black.

[Image: oscar.png]
16-07-2017, 10:37 AM
(14-07-2017 10:47 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-07-2017 12:15 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  I think the norion that you actually care about anything regarding this is ridiculous, considering you said you didn't care, and also you say words like "sand nigger" just in an attempt to offend people. You're nothing more than a provocateur.

Again, pot kettle black.

Alright, Earmuffs, I apologize to you. I shouldn't have attacked you or started any drama. I was making excuses earlier for my actions, I do not really believe in being uncivil and so I was being a hypocrite. And of course, doing the right thing is separate from whether I like or dislike you, so I would rather do the right thing and admit I was being a "fuckwad" as you said. Not being a hypocrite is more important than whether I like or dislike you.
[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
16-07-2017, 10:54 AM
I have a daughter with extreme anxiety, so I have to act calmly whenever she is having an 'episode'.

We are trying to find solutions for her so she can learn to cope with life. In the meantime, I have to be her rock, her calm presence when her mind is out of control.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post