Reactions To My Scarlet "A" Pin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2012, 03:08 PM
RE: Reactions To My Scarlet "A" Pin
(14-11-2012 02:20 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(14-11-2012 02:14 PM)pianodwarf Wrote:  They seemed to think that a plain old letter "A" wasn't, as you say, very artistic or stylish. As if a Christian were just wearing a letter "C" -- like that.
That's the problem with a non-belief, we should have a zero or something like that as a symbol... but it wouldn't work either No
A-?

How about that?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Isn't that blood type?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
14-11-2012, 03:37 PM
(14-11-2012 03:26 PM)nach_in Wrote:  Isn't that blood type?
... Yes, but also a vague reference to A+

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-11-2012, 05:00 PM
(14-11-2012 02:00 PM)pianodwarf Wrote:  They also asked whether there wasn't "something nicer" than the pin.

Hilarious that someone with long hair knotted on top of his head under a turban, and a beard, should ask that!
That would have been my turn to laugh... Laughat
14-11-2012, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2012 05:10 PM by kingschosen.)
I personally find

[Image: Atheist_symbol.jpg]

more aesthetically pleasing than

[Image: atheism+symbols+and+richard+dawkins+and+...mpaign.jpg]

Besides, it looks too much like V for Vendetta:

[Image: v-for-vendetta-logo-wallpaper.jpg]

or even worse, the anarchy symbol:

[Image: cropped-anarchy.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
14-11-2012, 05:09 PM
(14-11-2012 05:05 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Besides, it looks too much like V for Vendetta:

Maybe if you're stoned or need glasses. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
14-11-2012, 05:46 PM
I wear one sometimes.
If anyone asks, I say, "It's my sentence from the Boston town council. What did you think it's means ? You never read the book ?"

No one has ever said anything more. Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-11-2012, 06:53 PM
(14-11-2012 02:00 PM)pianodwarf Wrote:  
(14-11-2012 01:54 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  They were both laughing because they knew that they would soon be firing you.
Or it was just nervous laughter after an unexpected answer to a personal question.
Heh. The former does not seem likely; the President is an open Sikh (turban, the whole bit), so he's probably pretty sensitive to the issue of dismissing someone over a religious position. The latter might be possible, though, I guess, although I would think that anyone giving it even a moment's thought would realize it's not as strange as all that. Lots of Christians wear crosses all the time, Jews wear yarmulkes, and of course the President himself wears his symbol as well.

They also asked whether there wasn't "something nicer" than the pin. I briefly described Seth's logo of the head with the light bulb but said I hadn't seen a pin of that one anywhere.
I thought Sikhs had 5 symbols they had to have on them at all times. Reading again though, it's qualified as "five Articles of Faith that Khalsa Sikhs wear at all times". I suppose it may be more complicated than that. I have to admit, all the Sikhs I have ever met have never had a Kirpan in evidence that I could see. But it could be a small, discrete one.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
14-11-2012, 07:10 PM
(14-11-2012 06:53 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  all the Sikhs I have ever met have never had a Kirpan in evidence that I could see. But it could be a small, discrete one.

Yeah, as discreet as Romney's magic Mormon underwear! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
14-11-2012, 10:28 PM
I wear my atheism shirt all day at work and no one comments on it at all.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results