Read "Life Before Life"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2013, 03:39 PM

Read "Life Before Life"
Just reviewed "Life Before Life" by Jim B. Tucker, MD. It's an amazing work offering real--practically indisputable--evidence for the survival of the soul. If you want to remain an atheist, I'd ignore it.

You can read my review on my blog if you want to. But again, if you're an atheist, I'd ignore it. Lamo

http://veridicanblog.com
Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2013, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2013 04:43 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Read "Life Before Life"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Interesting glimpse into how "religious" brains work.
1. Oh, I see something that may not be explained, easily, or on first glance.
2. Oh, see, it must prove MY soul idea. That's the ONLY possible explanation.
3. Ergo, it just happens to prove MY god(s) are the real god(s).
4. Where do I go to bow down ?

(How desperate can you get ?)

Let me save you the trouble ... I know that is just because I'm a "hater".... bla bla bla.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
30-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Jim Tucker is the medical director of the Child and Family Psychiatry Clinic, and Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences at the University of Virginia School of Medicine.

Explains everything.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
30-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Apparently this guy had programme made about him.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
30-05-2013, 04:21 PM
I like this review. It truly sounds like the book has unbiased, irrefutable evidence:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R224DKNUVA9...deID=&tag=
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
31-05-2013, 01:51 PM

(30-05-2013 03:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Interesting glimpse into how "religious" brains work.
1. Oh, I see something that may not be explained, easily, or on first glance.
2. Oh, see, it must prove MY soul idea. That's the ONLY possible explanation.
3. Ergo, it just happens to prove MY god(s) are the real god(s).
4. Where do I go to bow down ?

(How desperate can you get ?)

Let me save you the trouble ... I know that is just because I'm a "hater".... bla bla bla.

I never said it proved the existence of God. In fact it doesn't prove that--it says nothing about how a soul is created or how the physical world is created. What it shows is that these small children have a recollection of a life from the past that they couldn't know about. That means that "mind" cannot be som epiphenomenon of neuronal firings in the brain. It tips the balance.

On one hand mind is generated by the brain; on the other, the brain receives and transmits mind into the physical world. This evidence tips the balance toward the latter.

That's all the book is saying. That's all the research was saying. It is solid scientific evidence collected by scientific researchers. So, what are you going to do with it?

And, no, in this post, I don't see any particular "hate" coming from you. So, I'm not calling you a hater.
31-05-2013, 01:52 PM

(30-05-2013 04:11 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  Jim Tucker is the medical director of the Child and Family Psychiatry Clinic, and Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences at the University of Virginia School of Medicine.

Explains everything.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean? Shocking
31-05-2013, 02:13 PM

(30-05-2013 04:21 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I like this review. It truly sounds like the book has unbiased, irrefutable evidence:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R224DKNUVA9...deID=&tag=

Yes, there could be other explanations. The author readily admits that. But they don't seem likely. You can say one family is lying, but that they are all lying?

Look, I just had a very clear precognitive dream--again--night before last. The very next day, I saw the same images on a video we had bought from the $5 bin at walmart. I had never even heard of the movie before, much less ever saw it. And there was no psychological reason for the image to be in my dream. During the movie I even said to myself, "I suppose they'll show her from above," because that's how I saw it in the dream, and immediately the camera angle in the movie switched to showing her from above, which was exactly as I had seen in the dream.

We can blow that off as coincidence. I mean it's a pretty remarkable one, sure. But how many times does a coincidence like that happen to a single individual. I've had dozens of precognitive dreams just like that, and four very extrodinary precognitive dreams. They can't all be chance. I mean, they could be, but come on, that explanation just doesn't cut it.

Or, you could say I'm lying to you right now. And that's possible. It's also very convenient, isn't it, to think that way?

You could say that Jim Tucker is lying, that the families are all lying, that on top of that, if they're not lying it's all chance. But that starts to sound ridiculous.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Eventually, atheists will be the new YEC's. That is they will have to deny so much observation in order to remain atheists that they'll begin to look foolish.

And doesn't it make more sense, from an evolutionary point of view, that consciousness would already be out there, and the advantage would come from evolving into a species that could tap into it. That seems more solid than that consciousness springs up for no reason at all, and to no advantage at all as an emergent byproduct of brain activity.

Why is it so impossible for consciousness to be part of the environment? how is that any more weird than the double-slit phenomenon with light, or dark matter, or the way Pi never ends and never repeats, and yet we can make circles and wheels and use them in the physical world. Why should one group of protons make a shiny metal and another group make a gas, or a diamond. None of it makes any sense.

What is so woo about me saying: I have a body through wich consciousness is transmitted to the physical world. In reverse of that, my perceptions have shaped that quanta of consciousness into a unique entity, a soul.

That, to me, is nowhere nearly as woo as the observations made in quantum mechanics. That, to me, is nowhere nearly as weird as gravity.
31-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Family doesn't need to lie, lots of this sort of stuff comes from confirmation bias propping up claims. Look at what happens in cold reading.

What woo is making a claim with no real evidence and equating it with real well understood science

Humanists of West Florida
GC CoR
P'cola Skeptic in thePub
GC Freethinker
31-05-2013, 02:29 PM
(31-05-2013 02:13 PM)Egor Wrote:  Look, I just had a very clear precognitive dream--again--night before last. The very next day, I saw the same images on a video we had bought from the $5 bin at walmart. I had never even heard of the movie before, much less ever saw it. And there was no psychological reason for the image to be in my dream. During the movie I even said to myself, "I suppose they'll show her from above," because that's how I saw it in the dream, and immediately the camera angle in the movie switched to showing her from above, which was exactly as I had seen in the dream.

I have had a similar experience regarding dreams that I have wrote about before on this forum.

To cut a long story short me and two work colleagues were in our wagon going to the recycling plant when we pulled up at some traffic lights. I told them I had dreamed this before and a woman is going to walk around the corner pushing a pushchair with some bags on the handles. I gave a quick description of her and low and behold she walked around the corner. My two work colleagues were aghast lol.

Whilst I find it very strange I don't actually attribute it to anything. I look for other explanations (like maybe I had seen her in a reflection in a shop window set at an angle that could show whats around the corner without consciously registering it) but that wouldn't... or it may?... explain the feeling of Deja-Vu I got with it at the time.

I know (or it feels that I do) that I defo dreamed it though. Its quite strange to explain when I dreamed it as to me they feel timeless Huh

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.