Reading threads backwards

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2016, 04:13 PM
Reading threads backwards
I have a bad habit of clicking "Show todays latest posts", then when I see a thread I have read I click "Show last post". I then end up reading the thread in reverse. I may see a post and comment. Read back further and see how it relates to another. I am unsure why I do this. Perhaps lack of concentration from all my mad chemicals?

Does anybody here who is sane do this?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2016, 04:16 PM
RE: Reading threads backwards
(07-06-2016 04:13 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I have a bad habit of clicking "Show todays latest posts", then when I see a thread I have read I click "Show last post". I then end up reading the thread in reverse. I may see a post and comment. Read back further and see how it relates to another. I am unsure why I do this. Perhaps lack of concentration from all my mad chemicals?

I don't know about being sane, but I do it too.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
07-06-2016, 04:20 PM
(07-06-2016 04:16 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 04:13 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I have a bad habit of clicking "Show todays latest posts", then when I see a thread I have read I click "Show last post". I then end up reading the thread in reverse. I may see a post and comment. Read back further and see how it relates to another. I am unsure why I do this. Perhaps lack of concentration from all my mad chemicals?

I don't know about being sane, but I do it too.

So, insane. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-06-2016, 04:32 PM
I mostly use 'view new posts' and once or twice a day will hit 'view today's posts' in case I missed something. Once the list comes up I use the 'view first unread post' option to pick up where I left off and read in chronological order. I don't think that's proof of sanity though...

If it is a thread I'm just curious about how far off track it has gotten I'll just jump to the last page once in a while.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
07-06-2016, 05:17 PM
Today's posts >> First unread on the threads I know I've commented on -- OP for the other thread titles that catch my eye.

I couldn't read backwards in Iran, not about to start now.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
07-06-2016, 05:26 PM
I check 'view new posts'. I look for threads I have been following or I look at new threads depending on the title and the poster. That's when I peek at my phone during the day. When I get home from work I go to 'view today's posts' to see what I may have missed and to check out topics that I am less interested in if it's a thread that has taken off...I go to the last page listed and work backward to the first page.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-06-2016, 10:25 PM
.wonk t'nod I

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
08-06-2016, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2016 08:18 AM by Adrianime.)
I do the same thing. If it's a long thread, I might skip to random pages, and if it's interesting enough I might go to the beginning and read the whole thing.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
08-06-2016, 03:11 AM
I do it, a lot of times when I open a new thread I instantly spam page down or end to begin downward but if its a topic of any interesting discourse I'll read it that way foolishly believing there is a thread post to post cause and effect.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
08-06-2016, 06:06 AM
I often read page 1 and then the last page, but I frequently also jump to the last post and work my way backward.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post