Ready for Winter?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-10-2015, 02:16 AM
RE: Ready for Winter?
Rutting season -- the time of year you drive an old piece of shit you hate -- with a big brush guard on the front...

When deer come out -- swerve --- to insure impact.... chase into ditch, if necessary....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
29-10-2015, 09:03 AM
(28-10-2015 09:37 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 02:57 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Hahahaha.....you guys that live in the midwest and northeast just kill me. Canadians too. You're all so funny.

West coasters just slide from one season to another without too much fanfair. Yawn. Drinking Beverage

Yes, but did you ever get to legitimately stay home from school on a snow day? Banana_zorro

In Portland Oregon when it snows, and it does occasionally, the whole city shuts down. Two inches of snow and everything here comes to a complete hault. It's the funniest thing.

Mom's can attest to this I"m sure. I think she lives closer to the center of Portland, I live in one of the suburbs.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-10-2015, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2015 09:18 AM by skyking.)
Out in the burbs it gets slick! Portland's issue is snow followed by some freaking cold wind out of the gorge from frigid Eastern Oregon and Washington.
Now it's ice. Funniest youtube vid was from Portland with multiple cars sliding through this neighborhood out of control.

Edit: found it.

[+] 5 users Like skyking's post
29-10-2015, 10:04 AM
(29-10-2015 09:13 AM)skyking Wrote:  Out in the burbs it gets slick! Portland's issue is snow followed by some freaking cold wind out of the gorge from frigid Eastern Oregon and Washington.
Now it's ice. Funniest youtube vid was from Portland with multiple cars sliding through this neighborhood out of control.

Hahahaha. I remember that storm. That's kinda near downtown Portland. I live out near the Gorge and yes, we get the East winds and sometimes an ice storm but it's nothing like what I see from back east. Burrrrrr.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-10-2015, 11:48 AM
(29-10-2015 02:16 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Rutting season -- the time of year you drive an old piece of shit you hate -- with a big brush guard on the front...

When deer come out -- swerve --- to insure impact.... chase into ditch, if necessary....

Big Grin

I almost had a suicide buck a couple of weeks ago, driving home at night on my back road, doing about 35. He's in the drainage ditch on the right and walking up to the road slowly, I don't see him until almost too late. I steer into the oncoming lane, as he panics and jumps into the road.

Fortunately, the most of my truck was past him, but either an antler or a hoof hit the bed or fender of the truck -- I distinctly heard it. The dumb thing survived; I stopped and watched him get up off the road. Hopefully that'll learn him ...
29-10-2015, 12:05 PM
(29-10-2015 09:03 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(28-10-2015 09:37 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  Yes, but did you ever get to legitimately stay home from school on a snow day? Banana_zorro

In Portland Oregon when it snows, and it does occasionally, the whole city shuts down. Two inches of snow and everything here comes to a complete hault. It's the funniest thing.

Mom's can attest to this I"m sure. I think she lives closer to the center of Portland, I live in one of the suburbs.

Hell, they don't have to have that much to shut things down, all they need is a snowflake sighting anywhere downtown and they send everyone home.

I'm out in the sticks. Unincorporated area...On the edge of civilization (meaning there is a Target a few miles away).

Not really anywhere important. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-10-2015, 01:24 PM
(29-10-2015 09:13 AM)skyking Wrote:  Out in the burbs it gets slick! Portland's issue is snow followed by some freaking cold wind out of the gorge from frigid Eastern Oregon and Washington.

Yeah, we live in the mountains. Roads are steep in our area -- like school buses aren't supposed to even go up there. We're at the bottom somewhat, so when we get a little snow (because theres always some ice under it) even the big SUVs have issues making it up the hills. Everyone parks in front of our house and walks.

29-10-2015, 01:27 PM
(29-10-2015 12:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 09:03 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  In Portland Oregon when it snows, and it does occasionally, the whole city shuts down. Two inches of snow and everything here comes to a complete hault. It's the funniest thing.

Hell, they don't have to have that much to shut things down, all they need is a snowflake sighting anywhere downtown and they send everyone home.

I'm out in the sticks. Unincorporated area...On the edge of civilization (meaning there is a Target a few miles away).

Washington DC is like that. I once drove to the pet store when there was about 1/4 inch of snow on the roads. DC's normally packed streets were nearly empty and there were only 2 people working at the store, and they were only able to make it in because they were within walking distance. Laugh out load

Here in North East Ohio, if there's less than a foot, being late isn't even excusable.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
29-10-2015, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2015 01:35 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(29-10-2015 01:27 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 12:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Hell, they don't have to have that much to shut things down, all they need is a snowflake sighting anywhere downtown and they send everyone home.

Washington DC is like that. I once drove to the pet store when there was about 1/4 inch of snow on the roads. DC's normally packed streets were nearly empty and there were only 2 people working at the store, and they were only able to make it in because they were within walking distance. Laugh out load

Here in North East Ohio, if there's less than a foot, being late isn't even excusable.

Here also the problem is that we don't have plows. So while ODOT might plow the freeways and major roads, but the streets around those aren't touched. Sometimes they'll try to hit the area with that deicer stuff. But honestly unless they know for sure it doesn't work or end up wasting money. They can't even predict rain right half the time.

I hate it when they drop the pebbles. Sad that's always a pain.

29-10-2015, 01:36 PM
(29-10-2015 01:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-10-2015 01:27 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  Washington DC is like that. I once drove to the pet store when there was about 1/4 inch of snow on the roads. DC's normally packed streets were nearly empty and there were only 2 people working at the store, and they were only able to make it in because they were within walking distance. Laugh out load

Here also the problem is that we don't have plows. So while ODOT might plow the freeways and major roads, but the streets around those aren't touched.

Yeah, DC is like that. They have to get Virginia and Maryland to plow for them... But 1/4 inch doesn't need to be plowed.

I can understand why when they got 24 inches, it shut everything down. They've got nowhere to put the snow, and almost no plows to move it anyway. But seriously, a light dusting...

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister