Ready for Winter?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2015, 06:44 AM
RE: Ready for Winter?
(02-11-2015 06:40 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  plan b --- Victor rat traps... (not the mouse traps... the bigassed rat traps) -- nail to the trunks of trees and bait with peanut butter...

That will probably be next. For now 'the great white hunter' who lives here seems to enjoy the challenge. It's a bit ridiculous to watch. Rolleyes

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2015, 06:47 AM
pellet rifles can be very accurate. The biggie is figuring out your windage and drop with varying ranges.... That can be quite challenging...

I've got a "junker" pellet rifle - that'll drill a 1 inch hole at 100 feet.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
02-11-2015, 09:56 AM
(02-11-2015 06:47 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  pellet rifles can be very accurate. The biggie is figuring out your windage and drop with varying ranges.... That can be quite challenging...

Off topic, sorry guys.

Holy shit. I just checked that thread again and this guy is connecting his riding lawn mower up to a hose and sticking it down the ground squirrel holes under his house and running the engine. Claims the carbon monoxide doesn't rise up into the house but kills all the ground squirrels. Hahaha. There's some very desperate people writing on that ground squirrel thread. And that, of course, is why it's so fun to read. Laugh out load

Those little devils destroy the foundation of the house.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
02-11-2015, 10:40 AM
(02-11-2015 09:56 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(02-11-2015 06:47 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  pellet rifles can be very accurate. The biggie is figuring out your windage and drop with varying ranges.... That can be quite challenging...

Off topic, sorry guys.

Holy shit. I just checked that thread again and this guy is connecting his riding lawn mower up to a hose and sticking it down the ground squirrel holes under his house and running the engine. Claims the carbon monoxide doesn't rise up into the house but kills all the ground squirrels. Hahaha. There's some very desperate people writing on that ground squirrel thread. And that, of course, is why it's so fun to read. Laugh out load

Those little devils destroy the foundation of the house.

My dad used to do that to moles.... It does seem to work.

One thing though -- extended running with a hose on the exhaust will likely burn up the valves in your mower.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
02-11-2015, 11:13 AM
No winter is coming memes? I is disappoint...

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
02-11-2015, 11:27 AM
Another method to get rid of squirrels is probably(we don't have them here, so not sure) is these sticky rat traps. Set some peanut butter in the middle, and when they try to get it, they get stuck. Then remove them with something, kill them, bury(or eat ? Consider )

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
02-11-2015, 11:45 AM
(02-11-2015 11:27 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Another method to get rid of squirrels is probably(we don't have them here, so not sure) is these sticky rat traps. Set some peanut butter in the middle, and when they try to get it, they get stuck. Then remove them with something, kill them, bury(or eat ? Consider )

:lol:That thread at GardenWeb has people's account of everything from using Big Red chewing gum to steel wool scouring pads to home made mustard gas trying to get rid of those little pests. One guy poured cement down some squirrel holes but they made new holes elsewhere under his house. It's a scream to read, it's like 15 years of Caddyshack. The thread started in 2001...and it still going.

(I'm easily amused, I guess :lolSmile

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
02-11-2015, 12:03 PM
(02-11-2015 11:27 AM)Lightvader Wrote:  Another method to get rid of squirrels is probably(we don't have them here, so not sure) is these sticky rat traps. Set some peanut butter in the middle, and when they try to get it, they get stuck. Then remove them with something, kill them, bury(or eat ? Consider )

I know from experience that you can't get mice off of a sticky trap...

You just pull them in half.......

I think a squirrel wouldn't get stuck to it -- but would probably lose a bunch of fur and skin in the process....

02-11-2015, 12:08 PM
[Image: 0d735f491716550a393d8b1c75560f3f.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
02-11-2015, 10:10 PM
(02-11-2015 06:32 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-11-2015 06:25 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Getting rid of ground squirrels is easy. The solution - a 12 gauge with 8 shot....

If you catch them square, they basically vaporize.....

Squirrel mist....

Big Grin

Probably not the best plan...our neighbors would be unhappy if we started blasting him/her with a shotgun.

As it stands, the pellet gun option has only made him faster and sneakier.

Does your air rifle look like this?

[Image: Ruger_AirHawk_01.jpg]

One shot is all it should take.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user