Ready for Winter?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2015, 12:10 PM
Ready for Winter?
We have plenty of squirrels here you guys could shoot. But that wouldn't be fair because squirrels deserve to live too. Sad

No I'm not ready for winter. I hate this season. I get depressed in the winter. I have SAD. I'm dreading winter I just hate the cold temps! Sad I'm a summer girl and should be living in Florida!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2015, 04:58 PM
RE: Ready for Winter?
Squirrels deserve to live -- until they try nesting in my attic....

That's a capital crime in squirrel world.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
10-12-2015, 05:06 PM
Ready for Winter?
I had respect for the squirrel in the old tree in my backyard. I did since he told me in no uncertain terms that I was not allowed to watch him go into his home. I had to agree to not watch as he ascended said tree.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
10-12-2015, 05:25 PM
Squirrels are one of a select few animals ideal for slingshot hunting. They'd make good post apocalypse foodTongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
10-12-2015, 05:30 PM
We put a piece of cardboard in the back of the airconditioner which we won't be using again until late Feb. Keps out the wasps who like it for a building site.
10-12-2015, 05:36 PM
(02-11-2015 06:25 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(01-11-2015 10:09 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  You don't have those damned ground squirrels do you? Hahaha. If you do, have I got a thread for you! It's a 15 year continuous ongoing thread on the subject of getting rid of ground squirrels, parts of which are rather entertaining.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/235...-squirrels

Getting rid of ground squirrels is easy. The solution - a 12 gauge with 8 shot....

If you catch them square, they basically vaporize.....

Squirrel mist....

Big Grin
Or a mature tom cat1
10-12-2015, 05:45 PM
We're ready for winter.....our roads are not though. This is a half a mile from our house.

[Image: sinkhole-drone-footage-1.jpg?w=650]

This is somewhere across Portland

[Image: 721542_944491-20150930_flood_gs10.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
10-12-2015, 05:52 PM
Ready for winter?

I will be getting some of my summer shirts back out...supposed to be near 80 tomorrow. Last year at this time we were having ice storms.

We had a cold snap in November and are now apparently rapidly cycling back to summer. Facepalm Lots and lots of rain and thunderstorms forecast for the weekend.

- The main squirrel criminal was found dead in the front yard a few days ago. Perhaps he just gave up and dove off the roof. We considered putting his head on a spike as a warning to others. Little bastard had chewed his way into the house - not the attic but a space near the eaves by an upstairs storage closet, dead space and no way to get to it from inside...no way to set traps like we could have in the attic.

Getting a cat won't work...outside cats around here become coyote meals. I lost two that way already.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
10-12-2015, 06:40 PM
(10-12-2015 05:06 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I had respect for the squirrel in the old tree in my backyard. I did since he told me in no uncertain terms that I was not allowed to watch him go into his home. I had to agree to not watch as he ascended said tree.

Laugh out load that's so cute.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-12-2015, 10:51 PM
[Image: LO0Oj1H.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post