Ready for the weekend?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2012, 08:59 PM
Ready for the weekend?
Are you guys ready for the weekend or do you have to work/ I'm a truck driver and am setting in the Southwest Chicago artea suburb called Romeoville. There isn't anything more boring than being stuck in a city where you don't know anyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2012, 09:26 PM
RE: Ready for the weekend?
I'm already nearly half way through mine Undecided

No working on the weekend for me! Thumbsup

Do you have to go through 'julietville' to get there??? Big Grin

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
30-03-2012, 09:28 PM
I hate the weekend.

I'll be doing about 16 hours of work over the next two days Sad. Bright side is that I'll have 4 out of 5 days off after that though Smile.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
31-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Next to Bolingbrook eh? I know exactly what you are going through. I do some driving too in and around those parts every now and then. Are you pulling a 53'?

Stay away from the old 76 station! It's a dump. Your best bet is to go to the Petro in Monee. If you want to drive into the city for some entertainment, restaurants, night clubs etc. -you can park your truck off lake street (east off 90/94) and walk 1 block over to Randolph where a lot of stuff is usually happening. Just don't let the riff raff hassle you... if you give change to one bum, they'll go back and tell their buddies and you'll be hounded all night!

Happy camping Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-03-2012, 08:15 AM
I will be having a nice lazy weekend with plenty of xbox. My weekend technically started on thursday and Ive already been drunk, so relaxation sounds good Big Grin

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
31-03-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm always ready for it to be the weekend.

I'm off today to go to my first "Free-thought" Conference. Seminars today and tomorrow Richard Dawkins is the keynote speaker. So I'm pretty jazzed about going to see him!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 6 users Like Erxomai's post
31-03-2012, 09:14 AM
My fun-filled weekend started last night with grocery shopping then home to work on Algebra (UGH), to the vet this morning with the puppy for shots then home to clean floors before even more freaking Algebra. Waiting for new dryer to be delivered, then playing catch up on the mountain of laundry...do I know how to live or what?

But the new season of Game of Thrones starts tomorrow night so there is a bright spot for me. WooHoo! Livin' large.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
31-03-2012, 10:15 AM
I'm in the entertainment business so the weekend is when I work... and any other time when everyone else is on vacation.

Thursday night was a four hour gig followed by an eight hour gig Friday starting in 30C (86F) + direct sun. Daylight is a bad thing.

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
[+] 2 users Like daylightisabadthing's post
31-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Yep my weekends are pretty tame these days.
My party days are behind me. I play with my kid and snuggle with my wife. If I'm lucky we get in a good movie and I get some extra guitar time.
Usually chuck in a video game and some reading.
Woo I should really settle down before I give myself a heart attack.
Funny thing is when I was younger I used to do all the bad stuff. And I much prefer my weekends now. I enjoy life instead of exploit it. Plus no hangovers.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
31-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Not working this weekend. Just hanging out with the family, waiting for my husband to get up from his last night shift. We'll prob go bowling today and have some kind of a feast tonight then watch our PVRed shows from all week. Maybe we'll go for a run too, before supper. Tomorrow, l-a-z-y time. No church Smile Only projects, hanging out with the kids and lounging. Heck yes! Busy week ahead though.