Ready for the weekend?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2012, 11:38 AM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2012 11:46 AM by justmetoo.)
RE: Ready for the weekend?
(31-03-2012 07:33 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  Next to Bolingbrook eh? I know exactly what you are going through. I do some driving too in and around those parts every now and then. Are you pulling a 53'?

Stay away from the old 76 station! It's a dump. Your best bet is to go to the Petro in Monee. If you want to drive into the city for some entertainment, restaurants, night clubs etc. -you can park your truck off lake street (east off 90/94) and walk 1 block over to Randolph where a lot of stuff is usually happening. Just don't let the riff raff hassle you... if you give change to one bum, they'll go back and tell their buddies and you'll be hounded all night!

Happy camping Wink
Speaking of the Devil. lol. I spent the night there at that truck stop. There used to be a worst one, down there where US 30 and I-55 met. That one's gone though I'm not surprised.

I rarely go anywhere when I'm in Chicago. I go in, deliver or pick up and then I'm out of there. Too many cars and not enough road. If I'm going to set, I'll set at the house or in a comfortable hotel, somewhere.

(31-03-2012 09:05 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm always ready for it to be the weekend.

I'm off today to go to my first "Free-thought" Conference. Seminars today and tomorrow Richard Dawkins is the keynote speaker. So I'm pretty jazzed about going to see him!
I'd really like to start up something like you tube for Athiest, so we could have streaming videos of these conferences, and maybe have something set up so everybody could submit real time questions after the main speech. The one thing I hate is thinking of something to ask after everything is over, or having a reply pop into my head 6-7 hours after you get offline.

That sucks, particularly if you are arguing some bat crap crazy theist and you have a brain freeze.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes justmetoo's post
31-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Well things just got a little more exciting.

I let the dogs out in the yard and walked by another back door and saw two little squirrels sitting on a bag full of lawn clippings. I went to grab my camera and at the back door was my three month old pup with a dead squirrel in her mouth. EEEEEWWWWW

I let the dogs in and went back to look and there were three babies out there. They had not been frightened by the barking of the dogs or seeing my movements so I got worried that they were sick or too small to survive on their own. So I called animal control who promptly showed up and caught them, the young man said he is going to keep them as pets since they are so young.

I wasn't up for fostering squirrels, we did that with bunnies a couple years ago.

And my dryer is here.

So I did a good deed for the babies and I can get some laundry done now....Algebra still kicking my ass.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
31-03-2012, 12:30 PM
(31-03-2012 12:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Well things just got a little more exciting.

I let the dogs out in the yard and walked by another back door and saw two little squirrels sitting on a bag full of lawn clippings. I went to grab my camera and at the back door was my three month old pup with a dead squirrel in her mouth. EEEEEWWWWW

I let the dogs in and went back to look and there were three babies out there. They had not been frightened by the barking of the dogs or seeing my movements so I got worried that they were sick or too small to survive on their own. So I called animal control who promptly showed up and caught them, the young man said he is going to keep them as pets since they are so young.

I wasn't up for fostering squirrels, we did that with bunnies a couple years ago.

And my dryer is here.

So I did a good deed for the babies and I can get some laundry done now....Algebra still kicking my ass.
Good luck on the Algebra. I hated Math in school. I also had a friend, when I was young that had a pet squirrel. Those things can bite. Sadcryface Sadcryface Sadcryface
31-03-2012, 12:30 PM
I live 15 minutes from Romeoville and almost went to a college in town, although, it was a religious college.

Actually Romeoville did get it's name of a neighboring to a city, English settlers thought was Juliet on their maps. They were quite foolish since it really was a city named Joliet after the French explorer who was one of the first Europeans to reach Illinois.

My weekends are when I wind up doing my work so I have very little enjoyment in the idea of weekend.
31-03-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm spending my weekend hitting people with fake swords and mostly likely, getting hit back. If I survive, I will let you know tomorrow.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 4 users Like Smooshmonster's post
31-03-2012, 05:27 PM
(31-03-2012 04:58 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  I'm spending my weekend hitting people with fake swords and mostly likely, getting hit back. If I survive, I will let you know tomorrow.
Please also let us know if you saw this guy. Big Grin

[Image: larp.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
01-04-2012, 07:26 AM
(31-03-2012 04:58 PM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  I'm spending my weekend hitting people with fake swords and mostly likely, getting hit back. If I survive, I will let you know tomorrow.
That's where the whole household went, NERO Ravenholt. Good place for 'em. Big Grin

I might go when it gets warmer. Yesterday was cold and rainy and snowy and craptastic. Today is turning out much better. As for "weekend," as a government sponsored psychopath, every day is Saturday. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-04-2012, 05:55 AM
(31-03-2012 05:27 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
Please also let us know if you saw this guy. Big Grin

[Image: larp.jpg]

lol. I was going to post pictures, but that one pretty much covers it. Now I wonder if I can get a pig mask like that for my next character.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
06-04-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm stuck in downtown Detroit until tomorrow. Prolly walk over to eastern market for some farm fresh goodies in the morning.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-04-2012, 04:13 PM
I said I'd post pictures of me killing badguys over the weekend. Here they are:

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z335...ose/me.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z335...se/tom.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z335...rdered.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z335...nsters.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z335...thface.jpg
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z335...dnessa.jpg

Don't judge me Confused

[+] 2 users Like Smooshmonster's post