Real Reasons for Ratzinger's Retirement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Real Reasons for Ratzinger's Retirement
He's going. First one to retire "voluntarily" in 600 years. Why? Here are some possibilities.

1. He's being pushed off the perch because he's so incredibly incompetent. Why did it take them so long to work that out? Yet even his prepared speeches (written and checked over by those in the system) were abysmal, and totally out of touch with the 21st century. His letter to Catholic Ireland is a classic example.

2. There's a serious scandal (another one) about to be made public, and he's in the middle of it.

3. Catholics in the developed world are leaving the church in their millions, and the flow of cash is compromised, so it's time for some serious pr work, and he's not the man

4. He's getting older and more out of touch. That didn't stop all the others hanging on.

5. He, himself, is frightened of being knocked off (ie murdered). If that sounds far fetched, read up about the last 2 pope's deaths. You don't die in a hospital if you're a pope.

In a way, I'm disappointed he's going. The Vatican was dying. The really serious shit was, at some time soon, in the next few years, going to hit the fan, and I think the power and prestige of the Vatican would have been seriously compromised. They will get someone in charge who's more in touch and likeable, someone with a squeaky clean past, and they'll have a new lease of life and heaps of new publicity. That's a shame, because one of the most evil and longest running scams to have ever been inflicted on mankind doesn't deserve a life in the 21st century.

What does everyone else think?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Mark Fulton's post
11-02-2013, 04:16 PM
AW: Real Reasons for Ratzinger's Retirement
What's the scandal you mentioned in the second point?

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
11-02-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: Real Reasons for Ratzinger's Retirement
6. Darthvader threw him down a bottomless shaft in the death star.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 10 users Like FSM_scot's post
11-02-2013, 04:20 PM
(11-02-2013 04:19 PM)FSM_scot Wrote:  6. Darthvader threw him down a bottomless shaft in the death star.
Which version, the new CGI version or the Original?

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 2 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
11-02-2013, 04:22 PM
He could also just have Alzheimers...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
11-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Have you sent a copy of this to the A.F.A. forum?
11-02-2013, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 04:53 PM by Bucky Ball.)
Your #2 was the first thing I thought of, and it is possible. Perhaps there is now a smoking gun between a victim and his time as Prefect of the Congregation of the Faith. But I doubt it. It's just general incompetence. A couple years ago they realized how bad things were when they hired that Fox News PR guy to actually sit in the Apostolic Palace in the central daily meetings, as an advisor. I don't remember which of the blunders prompted the hiring exactly, but they knew they were in trouble. Then in the recent "butler" scandal, the Italian newspapers exposed what disarray his administration is in, and the infighting that is constant. So I suspect they just convinced him he was such a poor administrator it was time to go. If he had ever assembled a strong team with central power it would be different, but it seems the various factions, each have enough power to hold each other at bay.
But come on, he's an 85 year old. long past retirement age German academic, who was a seminary professor, and never ran anything in his life. How would someone like that be expected to run a huge organization ? It was a blunder to ever put him in office in the first place.
http://www.npr.org/2012/06/02/154093529/...gulfs-rome
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/25/world/....html?_r=0
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/01...62590.html
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...hurch.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatileaks_scandal
http://abcnews.go.com/International/vati...d=17378353

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
11-02-2013, 04:40 PM
I think it's his incompetence and the sex abuse scandal that was once viewed as just an US issue, is now seen as being more world wide. The added problem that the Cathoic church is cleaving to ideals that have been in place for so long no dares to question them and are completely within their own power to change.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-02-2013, 04:42 PM
(11-02-2013 04:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  He could also just have Alzheimers...
He does look fairly "bewildered" quite often, sitting there in public.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
11-02-2013, 04:47 PM
(11-02-2013 04:42 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(11-02-2013 04:22 PM)Dom Wrote:  He could also just have Alzheimers...
He does look fairly "bewildered" quite often, sitting there in public.

Or he could just want people to think that...but yes, I've had a similar thought.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...