Real Reasons for Ratzinger's Retirement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2013, 05:03 PM
RE: Real Reasons for Ratzinger's Retirement
(11-02-2013 04:12 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  They will get someone in charge who's more in touch and likeable, someone with a squeaky clean past, and they'll have a new lease of life and heaps of new publicity.
An atheist pope?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like tiorthan's post
11-02-2013, 06:32 PM
(11-02-2013 04:12 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  He's going. First one to retire "voluntarily" in 600 years. Why? Here are some possibilities.

1. He's being pushed off the perch because he's so incredibly incompetent. Why did it take them so long to work that out? Yet even his prepared speeches (written and checked over by those in the system) were abysmal, and totally out of touch with the 21st century. His letter to Catholic Ireland is a classic example.

Only voluntary resignations are permitted under church rules.

(11-02-2013 04:12 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  2. There's a serious scandal (another one) about to be made public, and he's in the middle of it.

He's the Pope. Of COURSE he's going to be in the middle of it! Thats his job. He is where the buck stops in the RCC.
No Pope can say....oh well, that major scandal has nothing to do with me.

(11-02-2013 04:12 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  3. Catholics in the developed world are leaving the church in their millions, and the flow of cash is compromised, so it's time for some serious pr work, and he's not the man.

False. Catholic numbers are increasing. Eg. In Australia.

(11-02-2013 04:12 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  4. He's getting older and more out of touch. That didn't stop all the others hanging on.

Yep. People get old and die. Well spotted! Excellent theory! I wonder if all those other Popes who died in office expected to do so.
Death has a funny way of catching people by surprise.

(11-02-2013 04:12 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  5. He, himself, is frightened of being knocked off (ie murdered). If that sounds far fetched, read up about the last 2 pope's deaths. You don't die in a hospital if you're a pope.

Yeah. That sounds far-fetched. But hey, I dont expect you to be an evidence-based, rational atheist 24/7.
Enjoy your wacky, imaginative conspiracy theory. You could even send a movie script to Hollywood Thumbsup

(11-02-2013 04:12 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  In a way, I'm disappointed he's going. The Vatican was dying. The really serious shit was, at some time soon, in the next few years, going to hit the fan, and I think the power and prestige of the Vatican would have been seriously compromised. They will get someone in charge who's more in touch and likeable...

Yeah. Being likeable. That will do it. Tons of people go for style over substance.
Team Atheism needs more friendly likeable folk too IMHO.
Nothing like a few jokes, a great big smile and lovely white teeth to win over the skeptics.

Big Grin Wanna buy the Brooklyn Bridge? Its going cheap! Big Grin
11-02-2013, 06:41 PM
Oh, the hyenas thought they smelt blood and look at them, crawling back here, all desperate and trying to pass themselves off as lions.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
11-02-2013, 06:48 PM
Who me?
You gotta be kidding.
I have already been threatened with a ban.
11-02-2013, 06:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2013 06:54 PM by Vera.)
The weather was quite nice today.

I also had some strawberries just now.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
11-02-2013, 07:10 PM
(11-02-2013 06:32 PM)Lion IRC Wrote:  Big Grin Wanna buy the Brooklyn Bridge? Its going cheap! Big Grin
No, thanks.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
11-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Could be something untold in the vatileaks that might go public soon.

I'm guessing here:
- Money inverted in the weapons industry
- Bank fraud
- Money washing
- or maybe he's lost his faith: Isaiah 40:29 He gives strength to those who are tired; to the ones who lack power, he gives renewed energy.

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2013, 08:45 PM
It's only been one day, and I'm already tired of it. The pope was never really a figure I took with any seriousness when I had faith, and is even much less irrelevant now. I just with all of my feeds weren't jam packed with pope stuff, a lot of it recycled. It seems the FB atheist community does borrow a lot from each other, so I see the same image 3, 4, 5 times in a row.

[+] 1 user Likes KMFDM_Kid2000's post
11-02-2013, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 02:06 AM by Mark Fulton.)
(11-02-2013 04:16 PM)Vosur Wrote:  What's the scandal you mentioned in the second point?

Ratzinger was in charge of the CDF, supposed to discipline wayward priests between 1985 -2005. During that time the CDF failed to punish and take out of circulation, hundreds, probably thousands, of catholic priest child molesters. Every few months another specific example of Ratzinger's obstruction of justice is bought to the public's attention, and the pr people in the Vatican struggle to make excuses.

I'm guessing there may be some new cases brewing that are well documented with creditible whistle blowers.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2013, 10:37 PM
New Pope means New Popemobile!

Get one with a water slide...

[Image: popemobileSlide.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post