Real Time Strategy Lovers' Corner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2014, 04:44 PM
RE: Real Time Strategy Lovers' Corner
I play the occasional rts every now and again.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Age of Empires, Age of Mythology, Warlords Battlecry.

Epic games!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
23-10-2014, 05:05 PM
I used to play Age of Empires some in the past and enjoy those style ones. Not a big RTS fan overall especially not in the competitive element of it realm.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
23-10-2014, 05:16 PM
I am the biggest starcraf II geek you are likely to ever meet. I watch the tournaments, I play at least an hour every day, I have been playing for four years. Totally obsessed

I played a lot of wc2 and wc3, a little known gem called Age of Empires II, and I fair bit of age of empires IV I think it was.
23-10-2014, 05:21 PM
(23-10-2014 05:16 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I am the biggest starcraf II geek you are likely to ever meet. I watch the tournaments, I play at least an hour every day, I have been playing for four years. Totally obsessed

I played a lot of wc2 and wc3, a little known gem called Age of Empires II, and I fair bit of age of empires IV I think it was.

AoE IV doesn't exist, maybe you mean AoE III? I like that too but ... I still haven't got the chance to play Starcraft II yet. Sad We should play some matches when I get it! I loved the first one. What race do you play the most?

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
23-10-2014, 05:46 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2014 05:49 PM by Free Thought.)
(23-10-2014 05:21 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 05:16 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I am the biggest starcraf II geek you are likely to ever meet. I watch the tournaments, I play at least an hour every day, I have been playing for four years. Totally obsessed

AoE IV doesn't exist, maybe you mean AoE III? I like that too but ... I still haven't got the chance to play Starcraft II yet. Sad We should play some matches when I get it! I loved the first one. What race do you play the most?

I'll gladly play a game or two against anybody here who has Starcraft II, just sayin'.
I tend to play Terran more often than not, but I do love me some Protoss.

I hate Zerg though. Too much micromanagement for me to handle.

Loved Age of Empires II and III, still have Two but I haven't touched it in ages, mostly because I often have to download a manual patcher to fix the textures...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-10-2014, 05:52 PM
(23-10-2014 05:21 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  

The manliest race of course; terran Big Grin. It must have been aoe III now that I think about it.
23-10-2014, 05:53 PM
(23-10-2014 05:46 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 05:21 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  AoE IV doesn't exist, maybe you mean AoE III? I like that too but ... I still haven't got the chance to play Starcraft II yet. Sad We should play some matches when I get it! I loved the first one. What race do you play the most?

I'll gladly play a game or two against anybody here who has Starcraft II, just sayin'.

Loved Age of Empires II and III, still have Two but I haven't touched it in ages, mostly because I often have to download a manual patcher to fix the textures...

Add me on the NA server. mothergoose.851. I am on literally every day.
23-10-2014, 06:08 PM
(23-10-2014 05:53 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 05:46 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I'll gladly play a game or two against anybody here who has Starcraft II, just sayin'.

Add me on the NA server. mothergoose.851. I am on literally every day.

Sure, I'll add you when I can next get online; my connect right now is strenuous.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-10-2014, 07:39 PM
(23-10-2014 05:52 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(23-10-2014 05:21 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  AoE IV doesn't exist, maybe you mean AoE III? I like that too but ... I still haven't got the chance to play Starcraft II yet. Sad We should play some matches when I get it! I loved the first one. What race do you play the most?

The manliest race of course; terran Big Grin. It must have been aoe III now that I think about it.

There was Age of Empires which was stone age to iron age sort of time period.
Than there was the Rise of Rome expansion.

Than there was Age of Kings. That spanned the middle ages time period.
Than there was The Conquerors expansion which was my most played game for an extremely long period of time. I sunk ridiculous amounts of hours into that game, it was my first big game. I mostly messed around with modding and the scenario editor which is still the best in game editor I've ever seen.
The Conquerors was by far the best game in the series.

Than there was Age of Mythology.
Than the Age of Mythology expansion. Titans something.

Than there was Age of Empires III which was based around the colonization of America and such.
Than there was two expansions to that. An Indian one and an Asian one.

Regarding 4 (and 5), ages ago (like back pre-conquerors) this picture surfaced in a magazine.
[Image: 2527325-1444842183-aoe3..jpg]

Take what you will from it.