Real Time Strategy Lovers' Corner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2014, 03:47 AM
RE: Real Time Strategy Lovers' Corner
Seems interesting, even if I wouldn't mind a retake on the first age of empires with modern graphics. But I doubt something is going to happen at this point, Ensemble studios is gone so... we'll see. Big Grin

Free Thought and Michael, have you guys ever played with someone from European servers? If yes, is it always laggy or it can be done?

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2014, 03:59 AM
(24-10-2014 03:47 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Seems interesting, even if I wouldn't mind a retake on the first age of empires with modern graphics. But I doubt something is going to happen at this point, Ensemble studios is gone so... we'll see. Big Grin

Free Thought and Michael, have you guys ever played with someone from European servers? If yes, is it always laggy or it can be done?

I don't recall playing on the European Servers, but I can tell you from experience, the South-east Asia and North America servers work great, so I suspect the EU would be no different.

Unfortunately, on my native SEA servers there is a great dearth of English speakers...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-10-2014, 04:13 AM
Now I can't wait getting SC2 just to try playing with you guys. Big Grin By the way, has Legacy of the Void been announced yet? Maybe I'll just wait and buy the trilogy, if they decide to make a full pack.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
24-10-2014, 04:32 AM
(24-10-2014 04:13 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Now I can't wait getting SC2 just to try playing with you guys. Big Grin By the way, has Legacy of the Void been announced yet? Maybe I'll just wait and buy the trilogy, if they decide to make a full pack.

Unfortunately, last I heard, nothing new is out about Legacy...
I want it!

But I want Blizzard to take their time and ensure quality more than I want the game to be out.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-10-2014, 04:45 AM
(24-10-2014 04:32 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  But I want Blizzard to take their time and ensure quality more than I want the game to be out.

Ah yes, absolutely. I don't doubt it'll be awesome. I've seen some cinematics when the game came out and... they were simply awesome.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
24-10-2014, 04:59 AM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2014 05:04 AM by yakherder.)
When I was stationed in Japan, back when we were all on dial up and got charged by the minute (making internet play impractical), me and a bunch of the other guys secretly rigged a fairly vast ethernet network through the walls of a bunch of the barracks rooms and we'd play Total Annihilation. Loved that game. Don't mess with them Big Bertha cannons!

'Murican Canadian
25-10-2014, 05:05 PM
(24-10-2014 04:59 AM)yakherder Wrote:  When I was stationed in Japan, back when we were all on dial up and got charged by the minute (making internet play impractical), me and a bunch of the other guys secretly rigged a fairly vast ethernet network through the walls of a bunch of the barracks rooms and we'd play Total Annihilation. Loved that game. Don't mess with them Big Bertha cannons!

Lol that's awesome. Was that hard to set up? Or maybe just tedious?

孤独 - The Out Crowd
25-10-2014, 05:29 PM
Not difficult, a fairly standard Ethernet network. But we had to secretly run a fair amount of cables through the walls and ceilings, so yes quite tedious. It made for some awesome gaming, though. Not just with Total Annihilation.

'Murican Canadian
25-10-2014, 05:36 PM
(25-10-2014 05:29 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Not difficult, a fairly standard Ethernet network. But we had to secretly run a fair amount of cables through the walls and ceilings, so yes quite tedious. It made for some awesome gaming, though. Not just with Total Annihilation.

How on Earth do you secretly run cables through walls and ceilings?

25-10-2014, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2014 05:51 PM by yakherder.)
(25-10-2014 05:36 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-10-2014 05:29 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Not difficult, a fairly standard Ethernet network. But we had to secretly run a fair amount of cables through the walls and ceilings, so yes quite tedious. It made for some awesome gaming, though. Not just with Total Annihilation.

How on Earth do you secretly run cables through walls and ceilings?

Drilling (without power tools) in corners under loose carpet. Running it through existing holes alongside power cables. We were creative like inmates lol. And the network was hidden well enough that, at least as of me leaving in 2001, it was never discovered during the frequent random inspections.

*sigh*, good times Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post