Real Time Strategy Lovers' Corner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2014, 09:35 PM
RE: Real Time Strategy Lovers' Corner
I love RTS games my favorite was... wait a second still is DOW Soul Storm. I keep playing it actively saddly only solo. I promised myself retire after mastering all existing mods.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes isyreri's post
27-10-2014, 04:36 AM
(26-10-2014 09:35 PM)isyreri Wrote:  I love RTS games my favorite was... wait a second still is DOW Soul Storm. I keep playing it actively saddly only solo. I promised myself retire after mastering all existing mods.

Why "only solo", you cannot play online? I don't know if there is someone who plays it online.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
27-10-2014, 06:35 AM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2014 07:21 AM by isyreri.)
I think there are plenty of people who still enjoy DOW SS but my internet conexion is lame so it is out of the question. Maybe next year things will improve and I would love to play with everybody not so sure about forum members though (just joking)
27-10-2014, 06:45 AM
(27-10-2014 06:35 AM)isyreri Wrote:  I think there are plenty of people who still enjoy DOW SS but my internet conexion is lame so it is out of the question. Maybe next year things will improve and I would love to play with everybody not so sure about forum members though (just jocking)

Ahah don't worry. Yes, I'm in the same situation. I'd love to play online as soon as I improve my internet situation lol Big Grin

孤独 - The Out Crowd
27-10-2014, 07:11 AM (This post was last modified: 27-10-2014 01:36 PM by isyreri.)
Sudenly I don't feel alone. Lol. Playing a RTS game with even 0.5 secs of lag is a death sentence and don't forget hair lost, maniac laughter, misterious broken keyboars.
[+] 1 user Likes isyreri's post
27-10-2014, 08:20 AM
(23-10-2014 07:43 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Very interesting insight Free Thought. I never played it so I need to rely on others' experiences.

I agree with you that a different take is certainly welcomed. I like when RTS games change from "just get resources, build army, destroy opponent", which is not bad by itself, but sometimes you like some more factors to be added: diplomacy, different resources, different ways to gather resources, morale for troops, borders (RoN comes to mind), attrition, and so on.

But from what I saw Tiberium Twilight sounds kind of... really redundant and with not a lot of variation. I loved Tiberium Wars/Kane's Wrath too!

P.S. I hate the DRM/always-online stuff. I hope it vanishes and goes extinct.
Yes, it is very interesting game and the story of these type of games are also very nice apart from its graphics.

Dragon city hack tool
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-10-2014, 07:24 AM
True David Big Grin

What do you guys think of the AoE II HD improvements on Steam? I don't like them, maybe except the water. The fire looks weird, the old one is much better. Same goes for the cliffs.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
29-10-2014, 07:31 AM
(29-10-2014 07:24 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  True David Big Grin

What do you guys think of the AoE II HD improvements on Steam? I don't like them, maybe except the water. The fire looks weird, the old one is much better. Same goes for the cliffs.

I had no idea that was a thing.

I still run my AoE II off disk... And if I want it to look normal I have to ALT-Tab out of the game and kill Explorer.exe... Maybe I should get it, just so I don't have to put up with that...

Aged well that game has not.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
29-10-2014, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2014 07:53 AM by The Polyglot Atheist.)
You can do a simple .bat file that loads the game and kills explorer in the process, reinstating it after you close the game. I can send you my bat file if you want. You only need to change a couple of things, like the path to the game, but that's it.

If I had the old version of AoE II, I'd still play that. You can play online on Gameranger if you want, unless you want the Steam stats and so on.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
03-11-2014, 08:35 PM
(24-10-2014 03:47 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Seems interesting, even if I wouldn't mind a retake on the first age of empires with modern graphics. But I doubt something is going to happen at this point, Ensemble studios is gone so... we'll see. Big Grin

Free Thought and Michael, have you guys ever played with someone from European servers? If yes, is it always laggy or it can be done?

I don't get much lag on the EU server.