Kaesekopf
Archer
[Show Results]

Real debate with fundies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Real debate with fundies
I went on a traditional catholic forum and debated the fundies on gay rights. For those that don't know, traditional catholics are particularly crazy. I mean on a level that is hard to describe. What ensued was highly funny. Enjoy!

http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index...pic=3920.0

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2013, 11:09 AM
RE: Real debate with fundies
Eh, I didn't get very far. I voted for LouisIX because he seemed like a pretty crazy dominionist. Voxxpopulisuxx is just a terrible person.
16-10-2013, 11:23 AM
I can never understand how anyone can claim the moral high ground and yet remain a member of an organization which systemically butt-fucked children for centuries.

[Image: Atheismreality_zps62a2c96a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Minimalist's post
16-10-2013, 11:55 AM
My brain hurts. I only got to page 4.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
16-10-2013, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2013 03:40 PM by Cathym112.)
I really really hate it when people attribute the CAUSE of HIV and STDs to homosexuals. It makes my blood boil and it betrays their ignorance of what HIV and STDs are.

HIV is not caused by homosexuals. Its caused by a virus. That virus can be passed through bodily fluids. This can be accomplished through sharing needles, engaging in sexual activities, and receiving a poorly screened blood transfusion.

While you touched on the comment that not all homosexuals have STDs and not all homosexuals are promiscuous, you forgot to remind these people that heterosexuals and homosexuals can also have the same amount of STDs, as well as HIV. Further, if sharing bodily fluids is the riskiest activity, then lesbian sex is the safest sex you can have.

John Corvino has some great youtube clips and talks about arguing the immorality of homosexuality.

He also speaks to the Universalizability argument, which states that if EVERYONE was a homosexual, there wouldn't be anymore children and therefore its bad. Well, clearly, not everyone can nor desires to reproduce. Just because we need SOME people to reproduce doesn't mean everyone has to. Further, if EVERYONE was a catholic priest, there would be no society either....so that argument falls on its face. Not everyone has to be a doctor because there would be no garbage collectors, etc. Society thrives on diversity, not on conformity.

It is very sad that people who oppose human rights say that homosexuality is a choice. I would like them to tell me what they were wearing, what they were doing, and who they were with the day they decided to be a heterosexual. Its a big decision and surely they would remember it with as much detail as any other great life decision, like remembering the day you got married. I just don't understand how this logic of God created me, God created them, and therefore God can hate his own creation is just beyond me.
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
16-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Real debate with fundies
(16-10-2013 01:30 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I really really hate it when people attribute the CAUSE of HIV and STDs to homosexuals. It makes my blood boil and it betrays their ignorance of what HIV and STDs are.

HIV is not caused by homosexuals. Its caused by a virus. That virus can be passed through bodily fluids. This can be accomplished through sharing needles, engaging in sexual activities, and receiving a poorly screened blood transfusion.

While you touched on the comment that not all homosexuals have STDs and not all homosexuals are promiscuous, you forgot to remind these people that heterosexuals and homosexuals can also have the same amount of STDs, as well as HIV. Further, if sharing bodily fluids is the riskiest activity, then lesbian sex is the safest sex you can have.

John Corvino has some great youtube clips and talks about arguing the immorality of homosexuality.

He also speaks to the Universalizability argument, which states that if EVERYONE was a homosexual, there would be more more children and therefore its bad. Well, clearly, not everyone can nor desires to reproduce. Just because we need SOME people to reproduce doesn't mean everyone has to. Further, if EVERYONE was a catholic priest, there would be no society either....so that argument falls on its face. Not everyone has to be a doctor because there would be no garbage collectors, etc. Society thrives on diversity, not on conformity.

It is very sad that people who oppose human rights say that homosexuality is a choice. I would like them to tell me what they were wearing, what they were doing, and who they were with the day they decided to be a heterosexual. Its a big decision and surely they would remember it with as much detail as any other great life decision, like remembering the day you got married. I just don't understand how this logic of God created me, God created them, and therefore God can hate his own creation is just beyond me.

Thanks, those are great points. The ignorance of coupling homosexuality with HIV/AIDS is terribly hateful, and I wish we could get past it.

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
17-10-2013, 12:44 PM
I think it's completely dishonest that you guys started this thread here when we have been more than accomodating and tolerant of you posting on our forum. There were numerous rebuttals on our forum about how a poster or two (who were the exception) ought to be more civil with you. And all the while you've been mocking us?

It's funny that you've played on our civility and respect toward you. For all of the talk of Christians being the intolerant, mean-spirited ones, it looks like this is one case that proves the opposite.

Thanks for showing us the respect that we showed you.

Sincerely,
LouisIX
17-10-2013, 01:04 PM
Real debate with fundies
Well, they banned me. I can't see why, I was making some food points. I guess I've popped my cherry. Smile

"Laissez nous faire!"

17-10-2013, 01:44 PM
they banned you?
17-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Real debate with fundies
Yep, because of this thread. Louis came over to this forum to look around.

"Laissez nous faire!"