Kaesekopf
Archer
[Show Results]

Real debate with fundies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2013, 10:31 AM
RE: Real debate with fundies
(17-10-2013 10:16 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Bucky Ball and Cathy are the Medieval peasant that has just returned from ploughing his field. Dirt caked under his nails, smelling of manure, you are asking that peasant to read to you a passage from Abelard and explain it. The peasant scratches his bollocks, spits out a gob of earth stained phlegm, farts and tells you to fuck off.

Man, I heard there was a show, and god damn I heard right. I am literally crying, your style of debating is beautiful. Please stay on the forum. My sides hurt.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
20-10-2013, 11:44 AM
(20-10-2013 10:31 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 10:16 PM)Chippy Wrote:  Bucky Ball and Cathy are the Medieval peasant that has just returned from ploughing his field. Dirt caked under his nails, smelling of manure, you are asking that peasant to read to you a passage from Abelard and explain it. The peasant scratches his bollocks, spits out a gob of earth stained phlegm, farts and tells you to fuck off.

Man, I heard there was a show, and god damn I heard right. I am literally crying, your style of debating is beautiful. Please stay on the forum. My sides hurt.

Um....where did chippy say this? I looked everywhere
20-10-2013, 11:45 AM
(20-10-2013 11:44 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(20-10-2013 10:31 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Man, I heard there was a show, and god damn I heard right. I am literally crying, your style of debating is beautiful. Please stay on the forum. My sides hurt.

If you click the green arrow in the quote it will take you back to the post.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
20-10-2013, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2013 12:18 PM by Cathym112.)
(17-10-2013 11:33 PM)Chippy Wrote:  I share your view re homosexuality but unlike me you appear entirely incapable of justfying your position and engaging with those of a different position. My defense of sexual freedom derives from my commitment to classical liberal it has nothing to do with Judaism and Christianity being wrong. You make several allusions to liberal and libertarian concepts (e.g. freedom from certain interference from the government, soveregnty over physical person) but you don't ever get beyond incidental mention of what are--I think--key concepts.

Implicit in your posts (and those of Chlamydia Cathy and Bucky Ballsack) is that liberalism and/or libertarianism don't require justification and that it is impossible for someone else to subscribe to some other political philosophy. Many Catholics do not support liberalism or libertarianism so it is pointless to merely appeal to liberal precepts in an argument. Most Catholics support the political philosophy of communitarianism (not related to communism).

If someone is a communitarian then there is no point in appealing to concepts outside of their political philosophy to oppose a public policy that is a consequence of that political philosophy (in the absence of any further justification). In liberal and libertarian political philsophy liberty is the primary value, it isn't in communitarianism. For this reason your silly little arguments are entirely off the mark, they are question begging. In this case you can only defend homosexuality by presenting a defense of liberalism or libertarianism as well as a critique of communitarianism. If you aren't up to the task then go away and read something.

Lastly, I am atheist and I never was a Catholic but I know this stuff because unlike many of you I actually have an education and I've had to submit my arguments to scrutiny by people that are experts on the subject. Bucky Balls, Chalmydia Cathy and you are a joke, a fucking clown troupe. Try reading a book and educating yourselves, if only for the novelty of the experence.

Um....chippy? Why are you bashing me? What have I said that offended you so? You seem upset with me because I Used to be a catholic. As if this has any kind of relevance to that of chlamydia? I really don't know what I said to draw your juvenile thrashing about simply because I told you to act civil if you wanted to further the conversation. Sheesh. What other high school taunts do you have for me?

Bucky ballsack...chlamydia Cathy. Great job, you can pair crude references of STDs and/or slang for genitalia with the first letter of their handle. Is this suppose to be a sign of your supreme intelligence? You sound like the jar jar binks of atheism. Misa tink you look dumb for starting this fight, betcha betcha.
20-10-2013, 12:26 PM
(17-10-2013 11:29 PM)LouisIX Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 11:27 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  Here is a good principle to go by. If there is no victim, there is no crime.

I can agree to that. My argument, however, is that those engaging in sodomy are themselves victims since they do not act in accord with their nature.

Respectfully, that argument doesn't hold water. You may see them as victimizing themselves, but they are acting in accord with their nature. You're just offended that they don't adopt your personal nature/opinion in matters of sexual preference.
[+] 1 user Likes Chopdoc's post
20-10-2013, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2013 01:40 PM by Cathym112.)
(17-10-2013 10:47 PM)LouisIX Wrote:  I am intolerant of homosexuality, not necessarily homosexuals. I understand that that seems bigoted to you and that perhaps you believe this distinction to be a false one. Again, I know that the following will sound bigoted to you, but at least try and understand the logic even if you think a premise is false.

You find rape to be abhorrent, I'm sure. Therefore you'd have no problem posting as such and allowing others to post as such on your forum. This is similar (though not the same) to how I feel about sodomy (I understand that one is a more violent act than another, so please recognize that I'm not comparing the two absolutely). For that reason, I have no problem with people speaking out against sodomy on our forum (which I only moderate and do not own, btw).
For this reason, calling my belief "bigotry" or "intolerant" doesn't sway me. If someone told you that your rejection of pedophilia was "intolerant" you wouldn't care less.

My point is that this discussion would have to be about sodomy itself. Telling me that I should change my views because they are bigoted is sort of begging the question.

Anyway, just for the record, I do not go out looking for homosexuals to chastise. I am not a Westboro Baptist. I get the feeling that some of you picture us as the idiots holding signs that say "God hates fags" at university. I don't do this. I'm too busy with work, my studies, my family, etc. (not that I would otherwise).

First and foremost - thank you. I understand where you are coming from now. You see sodomy as an act of violence, not sex, which is why you object.

The major difference is consent. I may find certain aspects of someone's sexuality distasteful. I don't appreciate the thought of anyone taking a shit on me, but there are people who gain sexual satisfaction from it. Again, the key difference between rape and pedophilia is consent. And bestiality as well.

Although I don't agree with you. Sexual dynamics - either through fetish or autoerotica - is a normal expression of sexuality. Your religion has used shame and guilt in an attempt to propagate the need for said religion. Sex is seen as an impure act, which is why Jesus and Mary are seen as Asexual beings. In fact, monogamy is one mate for one mate for LIFE, which goes against every situation in the bible...also, when a widow remarries, they are not practicing monogamy as strictly defined.

You cannot ever change your view on sodomy until you have enough self reflection to understand where your sexual stigmas are originating from. Are you seriously telling me that kissing your wife's vagina is an act of violence?

I never implied that you picketed like the WBC. But by actively trying to repress an entire population because you find their sexual habits yucky, well, that's like denying anyone marriage because you don't agree with a little spanking in the bedroom...which is literally an act of violence, except that there is that magic word involved. Informed consent.
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
20-10-2013, 01:22 PM
(20-10-2013 11:44 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(20-10-2013 10:31 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Man, I heard there was a show, and god damn I heard right. I am literally crying, your style of debating is beautiful. Please stay on the forum. My sides hurt.

Post #62. Page 7 on normal view.
23-10-2013, 10:53 AM
[Image: jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif]

[Image: Haterade.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]