• 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Real debate with fundies
but you were a senior member?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2013, 02:10 PM
(17-10-2013 01:59 PM)Crimson Flyboy Wrote:  Yep, because of this thread. Louis came over to this forum to look around.

No real loss. I did not read the entire thread (I got like 6-7 pages into it) but their position was basically We are right because we are right. Can't argue with people like that.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
17-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Real debate with fundies
The thing is that as long as someone believes in Yahweh or any other gods, there is not much one can do to convince them of reason. There exists an immovable impasse between theists and atheists.

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
17-10-2013, 02:15 PM
From one of their "global moderators".

LouisIX
Global Moderator
False religions need no liberty. Part of our problems stem from the fact that we've convinced ourselves that any man has a right to worship any god he wants. Only the Church has a right to freedom. We may tolerate other religions, but no man has a God-given right to be a Hindu or a Buddhist or a Muslim.

But he has a right to belong to the World Federation of Pedo Protectors.
LMAO

Some hero. Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating Yogi, CAAT-LY.
Living daily with the high tragedy of being #2 on Laramie Hirsch's ignore list.
17-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Real debate with fundies
They want liberty for themselves but no one else. They say this is because only their religion is true, but they can in no way prove that.

... The logic of the fundie. Wink

"Laissez nous faire!"

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for mine."
17-10-2013, 04:06 PM
You were banned because we welcomed you to our forum in respect and you've been sitting here mocking us the entire time. I thought Christians were supposed to be the intolerant ones? This is pretty juvenile behavior from a group that is supposedly enlightened, civilized, and tolerant.
17-10-2013, 04:08 PM
(17-10-2013 02:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  From one of their "global moderators".

LouisIX
Global Moderator
False religions need no liberty. Part of our problems stem from the fact that we've convinced ourselves that any man has a right to worship any god he wants. Only the Church has a right to freedom. We may tolerate other religions, but no man has a God-given right to be a Hindu or a Buddhist or a Muslim.

But he has a right to belong to the World Federation of Pedo Protectors.
LMAO

Some hero. Weeping

I think the Church should turn every pedophile priest into the law and have them prosecuted to the fullest extent. In fact, I support the death penalty for pedophiles. But you can continue to present a straw man if you that helps your arguments, I suppose.
17-10-2013, 05:07 PM
I got banned too. I got tired of their hatefulness

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
17-10-2013, 05:34 PM
(17-10-2013 04:06 PM)LouisIX Wrote:  You were banned because we welcomed you to our forum in respect and you've been sitting here mocking us the entire time. I thought Christians were supposed to be the intolerant ones? This is pretty juvenile behavior from a group that is supposedly enlightened, civilized, and tolerant.

Don't know who told you that. Enlightened would be fair, at least compared to you. Other than that we're just people, buddy. Some of us are more civilized and tolerant than others.

You banned a member of your forum for their behavior outside of your forum? That's just petty. Bad form.

I don't suppose you have a thread discussing atheists over on your forum you could direct me to so I can see how civilized and tolerant you all are of our views?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
17-10-2013, 06:15 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2013 08:23 PM by Chesterbelloc.)
(17-10-2013 05:34 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 04:06 PM)LouisIX Wrote:  You were banned because we welcomed you to our forum in respect and you've been sitting here mocking us the entire time. I thought Christians were supposed to be the intolerant ones? This is pretty juvenile behavior from a group that is supposedly enlightened, civilized, and tolerant.

Don't know who told you that. Enlightened would be fair, at least compared to you. Other than that we're just people, buddy. Some of us are more civilized and tolerant than others.

You banned a member of your forum for their behavior outside of your forum? That's just petty. Bad form.

I don't suppose you have a thread discussing atheists over on your forum you could direct me to so I can see how civilized and tolerant you all are of our views?

If there is a thread discussing atheism on Suscipe Domine, please direct me to the one with a poll attached to it meant to deride the members of this forum. And find me a thread here where someone from SD pretends to want to have a sincere dialogue, while snickering about it at another forum. Thanks in advance.
[+] 1 user Likes Chesterbelloc's post