Kaesekopf
Archer
[Show Results]

Real debate with fundies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2013, 06:23 PM
RE: Real debate with fundies
(17-10-2013 05:07 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I got banned too. I got tired of their hatefulness

No, you weren't. As a moderator, I'm looking at your status right now and you were never banned.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2013, 06:30 PM
One person snickered means that ALL snickered, eh?

Same logic as all supporters of equality of homosexuality are homosexual. Drama queen, table of one? Your table is ready

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
17-10-2013, 06:32 PM
(17-10-2013 06:15 PM)Chesterbelloc Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 05:34 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Don't know who told you that. Enlightened would be fair, at least compared to you. Other than that we're just people, buddy. Some of us are more civilized and tolerant than others.

You banned a member of your forum for their behavior outside of your forum? That's just petty. Bad form.

I don't suppose you have a thread discussing atheists over on your forum you could direct me to so I can see how civilized and tolerant you all are of our views?

If there is a thread discussing atheism on Suscipe Domine, please direct me to the one with a poll attached to it meant to deride the members of this forum. And find me a thread here were someone from SD pretends to want to have a sincere dialogue, while snickering about it at another forum. Thanks in advance.

What goes on in another forum has nothing to do with your forum. And here you are, and welcome to defend your bigoted views amongst the heathens. My question about a thread on your forum is still waiting for an answer.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
17-10-2013, 06:41 PM
(17-10-2013 06:23 PM)LouisIX Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 05:07 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I got banned too. I got tired of their hatefulness

No, you weren't. As a moderator, I'm looking at your status right now and you were never banned.

I'm unable to post anymore.

My contention is that you, as a catholic, has no right to impose your views, however narrow minded, Onto the rest of society in THIS country.

Sodomy among heterosexuals is not mentioned in the bible - I'm waiting for someone to point to where that is.
17-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Personally, my husband and I greatly enjoy sodomy, including anal sex. It's fantastic and part of our sexual expression....and no one's fucking (pardon the pun) right to dictate (again, pardon the pun) where my husband puts his penis with my consent.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
17-10-2013, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2013 06:57 PM by LouisIX.)
(17-10-2013 06:41 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 06:23 PM)LouisIX Wrote:  No, you weren't. As a moderator, I'm looking at your status right now and you were never banned.

I'm unable to post anymore.

My contention is that you, as a catholic, has no right to impose your views, however narrow minded, Onto the rest of society in THIS country.

Sodomy among heterosexuals is not mentioned in the bible - I'm waiting for someone to point to where that is.

That's not true, but even if it were, that doesn't mean a whole lot. Catholics are not Protestants. We do not believe revelation comes through Scripture alone (sola scriptura).

This isn't about human rights. Entertain for a moment that, if there were an immutable God, human rights are secondary to His nature and the nature of humans as creatures made in the imago Dei.

What is most frustrating is that people don't understand why Catholics believe what they believe. They assume that we're just like the idiot Westboro Baptists, who do not like "the gays" and thus we tell everyone to do what we want them to do. This could not be further from the truth.

Most (but certainly not all) atheists I meet are not actually willing to keep an open mind to the idea that Catholicism is not the simplistic straw man that it is made out to be. I'd be happy with people just giving me the ability to tell them what my beliefs are, and why I hold them. Unfortunately, it is nearly always the other way around, and this thread has been no different.
17-10-2013, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2013 07:32 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(17-10-2013 06:54 PM)LouisIX Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 06:41 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I'm unable to post anymore.

That's not true, but even if it were, that doesn't mean a whole lot. Catholics are not Protestants. We do not believe revelation comes through Scripture alone (sola scriptura).

This isn't about human rights. Entertain for a moment that, if there were an immutable God, human rights are secondary to His nature and the nature of humans as creatures made in the imago Dei.

What is most frustrating is that people don't understand why Catholics believe what they believe. They assume that we're just like the idiot Westboro Baptists, who do not like "the gays" and thus we tell everyone to do what we want them to do. This could not be further from the truth.

Most (but certainly not all) atheists I meet are not actually willing to keep an open mind to the idea that Catholicism is not the simplistic straw man that it is made out to be. I'd be happy with people just giving me the ability to tell them what my beliefs are, and why I hold them. Unfortunately, it is nearly always the other way around, and this thread has been no different.

You can skip the Latin nonsense. It makes it no more true, if you say it in Latin, than English. I know you people LOVE to try to intimidate people with that crap, but it's worthless. It's the same garbage, in Latin, and every language. Can you say it in archaic Hebrew ? You said humans do not have the right to believe what their (in your world) "god given brains" have led them to believe. If someone does not buy into your presuppositions, you actually think you can IMPOSE your beliefs on them, which is what your post implied. Is your god SO stupid, it wouldn't know that someone who honestly WAS NOT GIVEN THE *GIFT* (VIRTUE) of "faith" wouldn't know the difference, if they *said* they believed, but didn't ?

"No one shall come to me UNLESS the Father draw him", "For many are called, but few are chosen". Are you more Catholic than the pope ?

Explain how an "immutable god" *does* anything, (or even "exists"), or (decides to) "send his son", or "creates" something. Something "immutable" is either not a "being" or is dead. In the English language, the word "immutable" has a specific meaning. It clearly cannot be applied to your deity, in light of your other statements about it.

BTW, I know about your religion than you do. My grandfather was a Vatican diplomat. I saw the crap from the inside
All gods are made in the image of man. If horses has gods, their gods would be horses.
The question you have not examined, in your cult, is a corollary of Euthyrhro's dilemma : If your deity has a "nature", then it "doesn't" have another nature. In your world, from all eternity, as long as your deity existed, and HAD his "nature" it was defined and "existed" in Reality, as PART of all of Reality. A eternal deity which has a specific "nature" had to, from all eternity NOT have what was NOT in in's nature. Yet you people say your deity "created" all things. A deity which, of necessity, is required by definition to participate in only part of Reality, is not, and cannot be the creator of (all of ) Reality. You also cannot say anything about your deity which does not invoke a temporal dimension, (time). Beings that "exist" require (space)time. Everything you people say about your deity assumes and requires time.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
17-10-2013, 07:16 PM
(17-10-2013 06:54 PM)LouisIX Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 06:41 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  I'm unable to post anymore.

Then please do. I was one of you. Why do you belief what you believe (not what, but why?)
17-10-2013, 07:18 PM
(17-10-2013 07:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 06:54 PM)LouisIX Wrote:  That's not true, but even if it were, that doesn't mean a whole lot. Catholics are not Protestants. We do not believe revelation comes through Scripture alone (sola scriptura).

You said humans do not have the right to believe what their (in your world) "god given brains" have led them to believe. If someone does not buy into your bullshit presuppositions, you actually think you can IMPOSE your beliefs on them, which is what your post implied. Is your god SO fucking stupid, he wouldn't know that someone who honestly WAS NOT GIVEN THE *GIFT* (VIRTUE) of "faith" wouldn't know the difference, if they *said* they believed, but didn't.

"No one shall come to me UNLESS the Father draw him", "For many are called, but few are chosen". Another idiot, more Catholic than the pope.

Please explain how an "immutable god" *does* anything, (or even "exists"), or (decides to) "send his son", or "creates" something. Something "immutable" is either not a "being" or is dead. In the English language, the word "immutable" has a specific meaning. It clearly cannot be applied to your deity, in light of your other statements about it.

BTW, I know about your idiot religion than you do. My grandfather was a Vatican diplomat. I saw the crap from the inside.

Bucky, be nice. Give the man a chance. Don't be intolerant.
17-10-2013, 07:27 PM
(17-10-2013 07:18 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(17-10-2013 07:06 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You said humans do not have the right to believe what their (in your world) "god given brains" have led them to believe. If someone does not buy into your bullshit presuppositions, you actually think you can IMPOSE your beliefs on them, which is what your post implied. Is your god SO fucking stupid, he wouldn't know that someone who honestly WAS NOT GIVEN THE *GIFT* (VIRTUE) of "faith" wouldn't know the difference, if they *said* they believed, but didn't.

"No one shall come to me UNLESS the Father draw him", "For many are called, but few are chosen". Another idiot, more Catholic than the pope.

Please explain how an "immutable god" *does* anything, (or even "exists"), or (decides to) "send his son", or "creates" something. Something "immutable" is either not a "being" or is dead. In the English language, the word "immutable" has a specific meaning. It clearly cannot be applied to your deity, in light of your other statements about it.

BTW, I know about your idiot religion than you do. My grandfather was a Vatican diplomat. I saw the crap from the inside.

Bucky, be nice. Give the man a chance. Don't be intolerant.

Tolerant ? He said humans do not have the right to believe what they believe.
Chance for what ? He can spout that shit on his forum.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin