Real life atheists!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2014, 11:56 AM
RE: Real life atheists!
I tend to be a loner too, and really dont get along with many people, other than a bit of BS at a bar or some such place.

I can only take people in short spurts, tho someone claiming to be an atheist would have my attention for a bit longer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2014, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 27-01-2014 12:02 PM by Adrianime.)
(26-01-2014 05:59 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Was it ghost lake you walked around? Tee hee.

I've heard the group in my city are all pompous jerks. Wouldn't know. I have enough friends that are along the same lines as me and I feel comfortable around, I don't feel the need to meet other people based on that.
Jaaaane. Haha, I have a feeling that ghost lake comment is a reference to something i don't know. But hey, you never know until you meet somebody. The people here were really chill. I was the only Seattle native actually, some were from texas, some eastern Europe, one South American, and some Cali, 2 from Latvia I believe. They were really friendly and warm....and funny! Oh and I have very few non-believer friends...and the few non-believer friends I have are apathetic towards religion.

(26-01-2014 07:28 PM)DemonicLemon Wrote:  Damn, couldn't find anything close to Puyallup.
Nice, you are in WA!

(27-01-2014 07:24 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I think I have a local meetup group, but last time I went to register it wanted to link to facebook. Will my meetups be public or not?
Ask the group admins, but probably. I did the meetup through meetup.com, not through facebook. But the facebook group has said that posts within the facebook group are private, but if you click to attend an event, it goes on your calendar and other people may be able to see it.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
27-01-2014, 12:02 PM
I decided to go to a meeting here when Seth was here on his book tour. Several regular members of the group were there but other than a couple people, they weren't terribly welcoming. Had they been, I would have gone back for other meetings. On the plus side I introduced myself to Aron Ra when I was there (he is a member of the group) and he was extremely friendly.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF